PDA

View Full Version : Was this close...

Capt. Speirs
May 10th, 2014, 09:55
...to switching back to DX9, when I noticed that my scenery issues were Scenery Config Editor. Not the editor itself, but me. I had installed it played with it a bit not knowing what I was doing and messed up my scenery. All is well now, sorted everything out and SCE works great BTW. So lesson learned; stick with one issue at a time and don't introduce new utilities till FSX runs properly, unless of course the utility is necessary to fix your issue. You know what I mean, one thing at a time.

Paul J
May 10th, 2014, 14:08
:encouragement:

Baseline, baseline, baseline....:adoration:

Adamski_NZ
May 10th, 2014, 20:22
...to switching back to DX9, when I noticed that my scenery issues were Scenery Config Editor. Not the editor itself, but me. I had installed it played with it a bit not knowing what I was doing and messed up my scenery.
Funnily enough, I gave that a go a while back - and I think it stuffed my sceneries up as well - though not irreparably.

I seem to remember that editing scenery.cfg was always a no-no - that it's basically a read-only file created by FSX "on the fly" and editing it outside FSX wasn't advisable. I'm going to remove the damn' thing!

Adam.

Capt. Speirs
May 10th, 2014, 21:51
Funnily enough, I gave that a go a while back - and I think it stuffed my sceneries up as well - though not irreparably.

I seem to remember that editing scenery.cfg was always a no-no - that it's basically a read-only file created by FSX "on the fly" and editing it outside FSX wasn't advisable. I'm going to remove the damn' thing!

Adam.

I use SCE regularly without problems, now. As a matter of fact it is indispensable IMHO, it really does help thinning out the heavy hitting scenery your not using or flying over. Huge improvement for me. Not very intuitive but doable.

Paul J
May 11th, 2014, 05:31
I use SCE regularly without problems, now. As a matter of fact it is indispensable IMHO, it really does help thinning out the heavy hitting scenery your not using or flying over. Huge improvement for me. Not very intuitive but doable.

Same here, Ric. Very useful little app - especially if you've messed up something - and that's too easy to do - thanks to Orbx and their separate scenery islands with the FTX Global mixed in.

:encouragement:

pj