PDA

View Full Version : ETO installation problem

SixGhost
May 10th, 2014, 07:30
I always install my games in different directories and CFS3 is no different. The vanilla sim installed fine in W8.1 in a different location but ETO is another thing. After following the guide and changing paths correctly, I get this error: "B2E.exe has stopped working". I guess it's the bat file that should copy all the needed files from vanilla to the new folder for ETO.

If I skip the error, ETO files install correctly but the core game is, of course, missing. Any idea what should I do?:banghead:

gecko
May 10th, 2014, 07:58
I've heard 8.1 users have had installation issues in the past, perhaps you could install it on a machine with an earlier OS and copy it over.

SixGhost
May 10th, 2014, 08:21
Could be an idea, but I don't have that possibility. The move to win8 didn't pay so far!:banghead:
Thanks anyway gecko!:mixed-smiley-010:

gecko
May 10th, 2014, 08:54
My condolences on becoming a windows 8 user.:dizzy: Perhaps someone else who is using windows 8 has a better answer.

SixGhost
May 10th, 2014, 09:20
Apparently the ETO installer didn't like the fact I used non standard directories, installing CFS3 vanilla into the standard location fixed the problem. Win8 is no gem, but CFS3 never was too!:encouragement: It's like an epic fight between "bitchy" software!:ernaehrung004:

wiekniera
May 10th, 2014, 09:55
i've install ETO also in win 8.1 and it's a bit tricky
i've no choice coz my laptop won't allow me to install it in win7..shame on new Asus product :(

Here's my step install on win 8.1 :
1. install CFS3 master to c:\program files\Microsoft combat flight simulator 3 (never install to c:\program files x86\... mine always got problem to this folder)
2. download patch 3.1a and put that file inside c:\program files\Microsoft combat flight simulator 3 and wait, after succesful report than you can press OK)
3. Install ETO 1.0 (just press Y and OK) it will create it's own install target (use it's default)
4. Install ETO 1.20 (same on step 3)
5. Install ETO 1.40 (before install 1.40 please use remove obsolote file first then install)
6. Install ETO 1.40 update fix (same like step 5 also use remove obsolete file first before install update)

After that you will see 2 different folders in C:\program files\Microsoft games\
one is the original master CFS3 and the other is ETO folder
i use my own way and i just copy all files inside ETO folder to CFS3 master and overwrite anything inside CFS3 master, so there's no more CFS3 master
After that try to run it but before that first make a CFS3 shortcut and choose compatibility in Windows xp SP3 and pick Administrator (mine using this way because im using my Asus laptop so that my CFS3 will running on my GT745m card and not using my Intel HD4000 and also this step you will not encounter any crash or file overide notice, in my game setup it still detect using intel HD but actually it's not )

right now i've 2 ETO in different folder ( 1 for experiment and 1 for backup)
if you gonna make in 2 different folder ETO
first copy all files inside ETO folder to the master CFS3 and overwrite anything insde CFS3 master
then move CFS3 master outside C:\Program Files to C:\ (mine use C:\microsoft games\ETO)
but you have to choose file ETOeraswapper and run CFS3 from shortcut (never use Masterstartup) everytime you change the era or you will lost the mission file sometimes and mission not load
then you install that CFS3 master back to c:\program files\Microsoft games\combat flight simulator 3 and use the same way like step 1 - 6

sorry my step is a bit strange but it's work for my laptop :D
hope this can help you

SixGhost
May 11th, 2014, 02:51
Thank you wiekniera! I did it mostly the same, so far no problems even without running it in compatibility mode. Your method of duplicating the install will come in handy!:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

Cees Donker
May 12th, 2014, 07:14
Hello gentlemen,

Where can I get the 3.1a patch?

Cees

grizzly50
May 12th, 2014, 07:24
Hello gentlemen,

Where can I get the 3.1a patch?

Cees

Cees Donker,

You can try here: https://web.archive.org/web/20121111023309/http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs/

Don't know if it will work properly, though.

English versions of all MS CFS3 accessories is are here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=13

Cees Donker
May 12th, 2014, 07:58
Thank you very much grizzly50!

Cees

Pat Pattle
May 12th, 2014, 08:46
Hi Cees, nice to see you 'over here'. :)

hairyspin
May 12th, 2014, 11:04
The patches are also in the SOH library.

Cees Donker
May 12th, 2014, 13:40
Hello Pat,

I rediscovered this sim, having a new rig after a crash last year. It's great fun! I have the JF Battle of Britain addon installed! Jolly good!

:wiggle:

Cees