PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder: The Movie

airattackimages
May 3rd, 2014, 08:51
Okay guys, inspired by my own trip to Star Wars Canyon, in the famed Jedi Transition of the R-2508 Sidewinder Low Level -- I decided to make my next FSX movie be about the route.

My photos from that early April trip are here. (https://www.flickr.com/photos/airattackimages/sets/72157643766428674/)

As always, I like getting a little too involved and making them into theatrical productions. There's music, camera angles, real audio from my recordings, etc. Hopefully everyone that is able to sit through it will enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/4sh0B7dwuyI - Watch in 1080!

I've read so much of the route guidance that I tried my best, not having seen the other 98% of the route flown -- to fly it correctly to the numbers as closely as I could. Took all the waypoints directly out of the route guidance literature, avoided all the noise sensitive areas by the prescribed altitude or offset (Lake Isabella/Wolford Heights/Olancha/Keeler) and of course finish the video off by hopping onto the Jedi Transition.

mirage3
May 3rd, 2014, 10:11
Very nice!!!

moune
May 3rd, 2014, 10:14
Hi,
Sure... realy verry nice, i've now a regret for the size 4/3, verry good video thanks.
serge.

Flyboy208
May 3rd, 2014, 10:28
Well done ! Really enjoyed this ... have to give this a try with my VRS Super Bug ! Mike :applause:

Navy Chief
May 3rd, 2014, 10:39
OUTSTANDING video! I recognized some of the music from "The Final Countdown" movie:encouragement: NC

Very well done!

ThinkingManNeil
May 3rd, 2014, 10:43
Splendid! VERY nicely done!

N.

YoYo
May 3rd, 2014, 11:56
Agree! Nice and crg! :applause:

FlameOut
May 3rd, 2014, 13:51
Lovely editing :jump:

PRB
May 3rd, 2014, 14:11
That was fun to watch. Good stuff!

dvj
May 3rd, 2014, 15:20
Whew, that was a lot of work!

Victory103
May 4th, 2014, 08:35
Is 16:20ish the part in the vid where you were standing for the RW pics?

airattackimages
May 4th, 2014, 12:29
Haha, yes sir it was! Well, within 100 yards. This pinnacle is the absolute last hard corner at the canyon exit, and on my RW trip, I stopped short of climbing it (about 100 yards to the west). Mostly because I was carrying so much gear with me and had already hiked about a mile. Decided to stop before I actually broke an ankle on all the mountains of loose rock (that's all that is on the ground to walk on). But, I missed a lot of stuff as it ducked behind that pinnacle, that I could have shot down on top of all the way around the turn. So next time, I'm going to approach it from the south east and climb that way.

It was a lot of work, about 8 hours in a week's time... mostly had to wait until both kids were in bed. I'm glad I got to finish it, because a lot of my projects die that way. Too much work and no time, I spend a little bit too long working on it and my ambition dies off. ;)

NC, yes indeed! One of my favorite movies. :D I elected not to use alternative rock or any other stylized music so the video would be more palatable to everyone's taste.

Thanks again everyone for watching and the compliments!

mirage3
July 5th, 2014, 22:49
How did you fly 2 aircrafts at the same time?