http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=19

the Dakota - and for only $17.00

Dexdoggy
January 21st, 2009, 16:40
Do they show no pity?! Don't they know I HAVE to buy this?! :jump:

Boomer
January 21st, 2009, 16:42
Looks like a port.

Pitty, I would have bought it otherwise...

heywooood
January 21st, 2009, 16:45
all of the Carenado works to date for FSX have been FULL FSX and not ports....I see how they worded it and assume that to mean you have two choices at the download point.

they had previously said (and it is still on their main page) that all of the fleet would be redone to FULL FSX standards

Boomer
January 21st, 2009, 17:04
While I am inclined to agree with you it says on the page you provided a link to (PATCH FOR FSX INCLUDED)

euroastar350
January 21st, 2009, 17:53
Not listed in the FSX pages on the carenado site, so its a port:kilroy:

heywooood
January 21st, 2009, 18:04
hmmm.. I pulled it from the FSX page when I posted the link -

but now it is not on the FSX page...

must have been an error when they listed it - as you know I have been watching Carenado like a hawk for the FSX V-35 Bonanza - I would not have even looked at their FS9 or 2004 page

Whatever - disregard this thread or mods delete it - this is a FS2004 model

Pepere
January 21st, 2009, 18:29
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=53

David :kilroy:

Gdavis101
January 21st, 2009, 18:40
I just got around to picking up the 172, I don't think I could have talked my way into another.

CBris
January 21st, 2009, 23:16
There is a simple check to see if a model has been compiled for FSX or not. Simply browse to the mdl file in the model folder and right-click on it and select "open". Windows will realise this is not possible and ask with what program that file should be opened. Check the "select program out of list of installed programs" radion button. and UNCHECK the "Always use this program" option in the next window.

In the list of programs select "Editor"

A new editor window will open - with loads of gibberish of course. EXCEPT for the first few characters. If they look like this:

RIFF{ MDLXMDLH @ AMDLG S‚qBs1‹-MDLN

Then the model has been compiled for FSX

RIFF.% MDL8MDLH „ FS80

Then the model is FS8 (and presumably FS9 too) - that is the Carenado 206 portover...

EDIT and a warning...

When you have done that, DO NOT save from the editor window or the mdl will be unusable

Boomer
January 22nd, 2009, 03:52
I have been watching Carenado like a hawk for the FSX V-35 Bonanza -

Now that I would dearly love to see! :ernae: