PDA

View Full Version : Concern for an SOH Member

falcon409
May 1st, 2014, 16:23
Bill Davidson (WND) lives in the Pensacola Highlands area of the Florida Panhandle. With all the terrible weather in that area over the past week, I'm hoping he's ok. He is usually on TS during the day and I can catch him early in the morning before setting out for the day, or in the evening. It's been three or four days now and I haven't seen him or heard from him. Just hoping that he and his family have weathered the storm and maybe just experiencing some power outages temporarily.

Navy Chief
May 1st, 2014, 16:33
Ed, I obviously cannot say for certain about WND, but I have talked to quite a number of folks in P'cola the last 2 days. A large number of homes were flooded, and no doubt the utility companies are busy! I just closed on purchasing a house there (thankfully in a dry neighborhood!). Hopefully it's just that WNDs Internet service is down, or he has his hands full, cleaning his own place from water damage! I am glad to know of another SOH member living there! Please tell him I said ahoy! NC

I move there in July.

falcon409
May 1st, 2014, 16:56
Ed, I obviously cannot say for certain about WND, but I have talked to quite a number of folks in P'cola the last 2 days. A large number of homes were flooded, and no doubt the utility companies are busy! I just closed on purchasing a house there (thankfully in a dry neighborhood!). Hopefully it's just that WNDs Internet service is down, or he has his hands full, cleaning his own place from water damage! I am glad to know of another SOH member living there! Please tell him I said ahoy! NC

I move there in July.
Yea, I suspected the flooding could have been a major factor too. Not familiar with Pensacola, other than the Museum there, but it's proximity to the coast sure makes it a vulnerable area for Gulf storms. When I hear from him I'll pass on the news that you'll be in the area. Thanks!

srgalahad
May 1st, 2014, 19:42
Ed, I have been wondering too since I saw the news. Just checked the Member List and Bill logged into SOH about noon today (Thursday) so he must have some power and connection.. somehow.

falcon409
May 1st, 2014, 20:01
Ed, I have been wondering too since I saw the news. Just checked the Member List and Bill logged into SOH about noon today (Thursday) so he must have some power and connection.. somehow.
Ok, great. Thanks Rob!!

Tako_Kichi
May 2nd, 2014, 06:48
Bill is fine, I've had a couple of PM's off him over the last couple of days. He got lots of rain and mentioned that he was thinking of taking his boat for a spin ...around his yard!

He was telling me they got 26+ inches of water in a 24 hour period so it's hardly surprising that he's got standing water where his lawn used to be. :dizzy:

Rami
May 2nd, 2014, 07:15
Hey guys,

Another SOH member who lives 'round those parts is GearyMcS. His last SOH activity was March 9th, 2014. I'm sending him an e-mail now.

JoeW
May 2nd, 2014, 14:40
Pensacola is good for having 100 year intensity rains every 10 or 15 years.
Lovely little town. I loved it there.

Roger
May 2nd, 2014, 15:18
Hope all's well!
I wish more folk would use the facility described in this thread... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?75621-Relatives-and-Contact-People

Navy Chief
May 2nd, 2014, 16:07
Hope all's well!
I wish more folk would use the facility described in this thread... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?75621-Relatives-and-Contact-People

Am guilty of not following up on that suggestion. Thanks Roger. I just added my info. Pete

Rami
May 2nd, 2014, 16:13
Hey guys,

I heard back from Geary McS....

"I’ve been practicing the back-stroke, but so far haven’t had to use it. Lots of deep puddles here, but not as bad as Pensacola, about 100 miles away. The attached picture is of the road leading to a friend’s neighborhood. Just another example of something that helps you count your blessings.

Thanks for checking on me. Catch you online soon."

Geary

WND
May 2nd, 2014, 22:06
Hey Ed and everyone - thanks for the concern - I appreciate it...

I'm fine :encouragement: - better off than a lot of other people as you can all see from the news reports..

They say where I live we got a little over 11 inches out of the storm and in some parts of Pensacola (which is not that far away) as much as 26.81 - of which all of it occurred in roughly a 24 hour period!!! Apparently some of the 'rain gauges' they've been using are now obsolete since they overflowed !!!!! Add that to the 35+ inches we've received so far this year, I think our 'water table' should be good for a while !!!!

NOW, for all you 'northern' folks (I'm originally from New Hampshire), convert that all to snow !!!!!! :banghead: :running:

I've been riding around doing errons the last couple of days and there are still quite a few areas / people in real tough shape and will be for quite some time - fortunately the weather is starting to co-operate and drying things out a bit..

Again, thanks everyone for the concern.. :wavey:

Bill

Ed, I'll see ya (talk to ya) over coffee in the morning...