PDA

View Full Version : Comming this Weekend!!!!!

MorrisTheCat
January 21st, 2009, 15:08
:welcome: and Hello to All!

Out this weekend......

Scenery Set II is in it's final testing........

It includes custom models, textures, effects, AI (both air and sea), day and night lighting.....

My first step problem was how to get the WWII fighters out to the Island...That was solved by the Navy offering to ferry them out aboard one of the modern aircraft carriers.....It, along with a cruise ship tranporting the crew leaves from Long Beach every other Tuesday at about 3 p.m. local....The carrier is landable and you can make the 3 day journey aboard her.

The second problem was how to get the crew there....easy answer...buy an old 747.

Here's some pics...

I'll post more in the next post....

Regards,

MoCat

hey_moe
January 21st, 2009, 15:12
Looks great....I like-ee...Mike:applause:

MorrisTheCat
January 21st, 2009, 15:15
After landing we took the old 172 over to XBEL, Bellows Air Force Base. We had lease the airfied and do many hours work to get her operational....Now, it's our support base for the WWII Airfield scenery. The airfield has two main areas....The movie set and the crew area. The crew area has a heli-pad and seaplane dock....

The airfield is still under construction with dirt strips....there are a number of Artillery Batterys, Anti-Aircraft Batterys, and a couple of areas for catalinas to come up on shore.....

With the permission of Several Fine Folk, the scenery includes 3 vintage WWII carrier groups, the "Big E" Enterprise, the Ranger, and the Saratoga. Plus there are a number of subs operating in the area that pass by from time to time.

In addition, I included a couple of other small sceneries in the islands...but I'll put more information in the read-me.

Here's the second series of photos....

MorrisTheCat
January 21st, 2009, 15:19
The last set of screen shots is of the airfield and headquarters area.....

Regards,

MoCat

72308The last set of screen shots is of the airfield and headquarters area.....

hey_moe
January 21st, 2009, 15:42
Made it a sticky...can't wait for the release:applause:

Reddog
January 21st, 2009, 16:33
I got to play with as a tester and it is really neat, especially the carrier landings.
Great job well done
Thanks Chris:woot:

MorrisTheCat
January 22nd, 2009, 02:48
:wiggle: Ok, here's the last set of pics....

I was working on the self-installer.....and these came out really well.

They are not retouched and are just as the appear in the scenery....

Release will be probably Sunday Morning......I'm working on documentation...

Regards, MoCat

foreigndevil
January 22nd, 2009, 06:35
Great stuff!

modelr
January 22nd, 2009, 14:02
Looks great! :ernae:

Marlin
January 22nd, 2009, 14:50
Wow, more awsome stuff on the way.

It just keeps getting better and better. oh ya baby :rapture::Banane35:

limjack
January 22nd, 2009, 22:04
Nice work Mr. Morris...looking great!!!

Jim

expat
January 23rd, 2009, 00:17
Very impressive work! It really creates the WWII PTO atmosphere that CSF2 has worked to achieve and FS9 and FSX is in need of but has the potential of taking this to a much higher level.

Having created the objects and AI, think of the possibilities! You could ship the same crew out to Henderson Field in the Solomons, with the Japanese Tokyo express cruising up the Slot and the Sara and (first) Big E cruising nearby . .

MorrisTheCat
January 24th, 2009, 15:33
I just uploaded to AVSim, couldn't upload here to Big!

Should be available later tonight or in the moring...

Enjoy.....

Regards,

MoCat

Reddog
January 24th, 2009, 16:44
Chris, I got your email but no attachment. Replyed,twice, and got both back from your hotmail addy I guess it doesn't like me.

MorrisTheCat
January 24th, 2009, 17:24
Reddog,

The update is in the download.....

Here's what I'm thinking....just off the coast of France...

Playing with it now.......

Regards,

MoCat

MorrisTheCat
January 25th, 2009, 01:47
Well, I guess the panic at AVSim isn't over yet.....I got up this morning expecting to have a number of e-mails......and......none. I go to AVSim and the file that I uploaded yesterday isn't there....so

I'm going to break it......in to two files that is and upload here this morning.

Stayed tuned....

Regards,

MoCat

MorrisTheCat
January 25th, 2009, 04:24
Re-Uploading to AVSim....

Should be available sometime today!

Regards,

MoCat

MorrisTheCat
January 25th, 2009, 11:15
Up at AVSim.

Regards,

MoCat

CG_1976
January 25th, 2009, 15:23
MoCat, scenery looks great. I just got a install issue I corrected and this 2nd part is great. Seems Megacity HI Oahua conflicts Movie makers. Removed megacity from fsx and now your scenery is properly working. My FSX scenery will stay that way as I prefer your scenery:ernae::ernae::ernae:

glennc
January 25th, 2009, 19:42
After one quick test: You do NOT want to see it over Megascenery Hawaii - cliffs everywhere. I'm going back in a while from Kaneohe and see of there is a safe runway. I ripped the gear off of a Hellcat trying to get out. :faint:
Glenn

MorrisTheCat
January 26th, 2009, 02:04
I believe you glennc........

It relies heavily of default mesh....

Regards,

MoCat

glennc
January 26th, 2009, 05:14
Mocat,

Am I correct that there are essentially four areas around Oahu, counting the fleet? XBEL has a couple of the closed runways that may be useable but there are ridges between them and the ramp. The grass strip on the other side of Kaneohe looked really good from a few miles away but then disappeared below the surface as I got closer. The support base with the helipad a little further northwest looked pretty good but I didn't try to put the SNJ I was flying down there. The fleet looks REALLY good. I'll probably keep it loaded just to keep the fleet.

I have not gotten to the other area yet - maybe tonight.

Glenn

jojohnson9
January 26th, 2009, 11:40
The scenery is great...love flying out of Bellows. But I can't find the fleet. I know I'm supposed to find it myself...but could somebody lead this blind flyer to the carrier?

MorrisTheCat
January 26th, 2009, 12:33
Set your clock to 9:30 am local....fly to the WWII scenery (MMO3) you'll see it there.....

Regards,

MoCat

jojohnson9
January 26th, 2009, 15:55
Set your clock to 9:30 am local....fly to the WWII scenery (MMO3) you'll see it there.....

Regards,

MoCat
I've tried at all the correct times and still no carriers. I've got subs and landing craft and all land objects...but nothing to land on. :help:

EgoR64
January 26th, 2009, 16:34
:wiggle:

Great Scenery once again Many Thanks !!

Cheers !!

MCDesigns
January 26th, 2009, 16:46
I've tried at all the correct times and still no carriers. I've got subs and landing craft and all land objects...but nothing to land on. :help:

Looking out at the water from MMO3, they are aways to the left heading towards you.

Pretty cool scenery, love the fictional airstrip and the fleet is sweet!! :ernae:

MorrisTheCat
January 27th, 2009, 02:08

1. do you auto install or manual install?

2. Do you have your boats turned on in your scenery settings?

With these answered, I can help you more.

Regards,

MoCat

MorrisTheCat
January 27th, 2009, 02:09
Looking out at the water from MMO3, they are aways to the left heading towards you.

Pretty cool scenery, love the fictional airstrip and the fleet is sweet!! :ernae:
Yeah, I know....Thats why in the next scenery D-Day, they'll be AI.....

Glad you like.....

Regards,

MoCat

jojohnson9
January 27th, 2009, 05:43
1. do you auto install or manual install?

2. Do you have your boats turned on in your scenery settings?

With these answered, I can help you more.

Regards,

MoCat

I manually installed and I have boats set at 88%. Thanks for help! I now realize I am having trouble with ships (carriers) in other addons. I've got something set up wrong somewhere....what is it?

MorrisTheCat
January 27th, 2009, 06:09
I manually installed and I have boats set at 88%. Thanks for help! I now realize I am having trouble with ships (carriers) in other addons. I've got something set up wrong somewhere....what is it?

Did you copy the Sim Objects folder to FSX....it has the models for the AI boats?

Make sure the boats are in boats...not airplanes!

Other than that I can't think of any other reason they would be working....

One last thing...Make sure it ships and boat...not the other category!

Regards,

MoCat

jojohnson9
January 27th, 2009, 08:57
Did you copy the Sim Objects folder to FSX....it has the models for the AI boats?

Make sure the boats are in boats...not airplanes!

Other than that I can't think of any other reason they would be working....

One last thing...Make sure it ships and boat...not the other category!

Regards,

MoCat
The read me file indicate to set "Commercial Aircraft" and "Ships and boats" ON and at least 2. I have FSX Acceleration...I can't find anywhere to turn these on and off. Just sliders for density. Where do I turn them on?

MorrisTheCat
January 27th, 2009, 09:01
that is the place, the sliders on the display settings screen.....

If there not working, maybe somebody else can join in, I'm completely out of ideas. but I know that...

1. the sim objects, boats, need installed.

2. the sliders need to be at least 2%

3. should work

Regards,

MoCat

jojohnson9
January 27th, 2009, 09:15
that is the place, the sliders on the display settings screen.....

If there not working, maybe somebody else can join in, I'm completely out of ideas. but I know that...

1. the sim objects, boats, need installed.

2. the sliders need to be at least 2%

3. should work

Regards,

MoCat
Thanks so much for trying to help me out. I have the rest of the Movie Maker scenery working and love it.
If anyone else can give me any suggestions I would be very greatful....I need ships to land on.

MorrisTheCat
January 27th, 2009, 12:07
Thanks so much for trying to help me out. I have the rest of the Movie Maker scenery working and love it.
If anyone else can give me any suggestions I would be very greatful....I need ships to land on.

You might try moving the two traffic files from FSX/Addon Scenery/Movie Makers to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery....

Regards,

MoCat

jojohnson9
January 27th, 2009, 14:14
You might try moving the two traffic files from FSX/Addon Scenery/Movie Makers to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery....

Regards,

MoCat
I tried it...still no carriers. But I now have an NDB (350 Khz) at MM03 that was not there before I moved the traffic files.