PDA

View Full Version : A2A Cub Shadow Play

JoeW
April 29th, 2014, 13:40
This is Joe's shuttle paint for the A2A J-3 Cub.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s454/jwwatson74/-2014-apr-28-002_zps88ca425e.jpg (http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/jwwatson74/media/-2014-apr-28-002_zps88ca425e.jpg.html)

Stan V.
April 29th, 2014, 19:04
Joe,

That is a very nice interior - is it a WIP or is it posted somewhere? If the latter, would you give us a link?

JoeW
April 30th, 2014, 03:13
No ...... My private ride. It's really dirty. Paint is chipped pretty bad.
If you'd like I can zip the interior and email it to you.

kdl
April 30th, 2014, 04:16
Everbody who is interested:
Have a look at avsim for Urs Burkhardt's most excellent repaints of this Piper Cub.

- piper_j3_fast_joe.zip
- piper_j3_cf-dcw.zip
- piper_j3_cf-pcw.zip
- piper_j3_nc487w.zip
- piper_j3_nc487w_fix.zip

Dieter

Stan V.
April 30th, 2014, 06:49
If you'd like I can zip the interior and email it to you. Joe, Yes - if you would email me a zip of the interior, I would like that. My addr is available from my profile. Thanks for the offer. Stan

gray eagle
April 30th, 2014, 09:17
If you'd like I can zip the interior and email it to you.

Joe,
I sent you a PM request with email for this interior too. Thanks. :adoration:

JoeW
April 30th, 2014, 14:03
I sent both a zip at the same time. Let me know if you did NOT receive it.
Enjoy.

gray eagle
April 30th, 2014, 14:12
I sent both a zip at the same time. Let me know if you did NOT receive it.
Enjoy.

Got it Joe!! Thank you sir, :adoration:

JoeW
April 30th, 2014, 15:15
Got it Joe!! Thank you sir, :adoration:

The floor board in that I did borrow from someone, don't remember who. The rest is of my creation.
When you install those up-dates from A2A it's gonna kill all the repaints except what came with it. Good news is you can up-date the Aircraft.cfg from the back-up it creates when installed.
The update also removes the " Shadow fix" from steves program. The shadows are only available in DX10.

Alan_A
April 30th, 2014, 15:36
When you install those up-dates from A2A it's gonna kill all the repaints except what came with it. Good news is you can up-date the Aircraft.cfg from the back-up it creates when installed.
The update also removes the " Shadow fix" from steves program. The shadows are only available in DX10.

True, but the Cub doesn't use the new "Core Accu-sim" update that covers the newer models (Spitfire, P-40, P-51 military and civilian, C172 and anything that follows). The older A2A aircraft like the Cub have their own, aircraft-specific Accu-sim modules and those don't get updated very often. It's true that if/when there is a Cub-specific update, you'll have to back up your aircraft.cfg the way you suggest - but if you're applying a new Core Accu-sim to your more recent A2A aircraft, your Cub won't be bothered. Hope this helps.

JoeW
May 1st, 2014, 07:05
Joe, Yes - if you would email me a zip of the interior, I would like that. My addr is available from my profile. Thanks for the offer. Stan

Stan, Did you receive the zip I emailed? If not, I'll send it again.