PDA

View Full Version : New buildings (Europe) almost ready

gius
April 29th, 2014, 12:17
Hi to all,

I'm preparing a new set of buildings for North central and eastern Europe for both big and middle cities, they are now multilod - bad Lods - but not destroyable. If you are interested i can publish here a beta version. Here are some screenshots:

To Rami: Andrew, are you interested to them for your next campaign??

Rami
April 29th, 2014, 13:34
Gius,

Unfortunately, aside from Arnhem, all the GSL scenery for the 20th Fighter Group is completed now. Thanks though!

bearcat241
April 29th, 2014, 18:10
Well, well...i see you've taken "the project" to another level Gius :victorious:...Good show! Now, how about plugging these lovelies into new frame-friendly versions of your Berlin and Hamburg works, eh?

:applouse:

Blood_Hawk23
April 30th, 2014, 02:31
Gius,

Would you like to make them destroyable?

Let me know if you do.

kelticheart
April 30th, 2014, 02:49
Lovely objects you got there, Giuseppe! :encouragement:

Keep on truckin'! :adoration:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

kdriver
April 30th, 2014, 05:02
Good work Gius - they look great. :applause:

I would be interested in a beta version.

One piece of infrastructure which seems to be lacking in CFS 2 is a decent size stone bridge, similar to the ones over the Seine in Paris or the old London Bridge (which is now in Arizona).

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

gius
April 30th, 2014, 16:03
Thanks my friends,
now i'm improving Lods to get better appearance and better frames.
Until 2-3 days i've finished.
to Blood Hawk: can i PM you in order to send half of the finished products? so we can make both damaged models and Dps and exchange impressions, opinions and ideas?
to Kdriver: can you send me a picture of what kind of bridge do you want? Perhaps i can help...
Bye to all
Gius

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2014, 02:35
Thanks my friends,
now i'm improving Lods to get better appearance and better frames.
Until 2-3 days i've finished.
to Blood Hawk: can i PM you in order to send half of the finished products? so we can make both damaged models and Dps and exchange impressions, opinions and ideas?
to Kdriver: can you send me a picture of what kind of bridge do you want? Perhaps i can help...
Bye to all
Gius

Gius,

I'm more than willing to help. my scedual is changing and I should have some extra time here and there. Some of the buildsings I see could be easily made damagable just by having the same model with different textures.

Are you using Allen's bat file for compiling the bgls?

Check you PMs I'm sending you my email.

Till later,
John

kelticheart
May 2nd, 2014, 00:05
...One piece of infrastructure which seems to be lacking in CFS 2 is a decent size stone bridge, similar to the ones over the Seine in Paris or the old London Bridge (which is now in Arizona).

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

HEAR! HEAR! :encouragement: :triumphant:

If I may add, to be a real interesting GSL scenery object it should also be available in different length sections as Wolfi did with his iron bridge object. Better yet, with not only a 50 and a 100m section, but also a shorter 25m and a longer 200m section, together with separate access ramps, tall enough to let barges and river boats sailing under its arches.

I also think that, in order to be an absolutely perfect scenery object, it should be available with three different textures, one for a dirt road, one for a paved road and one for a railroad.

How's that for a wish-list? :very_drunk:

Cheers!

kdriver
May 2nd, 2014, 08:54
Hi Gius,

These are four of the River Seine bridges package for FS 2002 by Philippe Coutellier. They work in CFS 2 but when I converted them to library objects they vanished when you flew close to them.

Something along these lines would be good - especially with all the improvements KH mentioned above.

This is a wish-list and I realise it could turn into a big project so please don't feel obligated.

Cheers,

Kevin

Blood_Hawk23
May 2nd, 2014, 10:42
Actually those aren't bad. If we can get perms they could be reworked. even have the destroyable.

gius
May 2nd, 2014, 11:58
Hello guys,
still reworking the Lods; Blood Hawk: got the PM, i'll send you the files after the end of the operation; Kdriver: beautiful objects, they perfectly fit to Paris and Seine river, a curiosity: did you try to convert them throgh ModelConverterX?
Bye to all,
Gius

miamieagle
May 2nd, 2014, 18:34
I appreciate it. Their is not enough building and land structures for my Eastern Front install. I know its meant for Europe in general. But I am upgrading my Eastern Front install right now.

Thank you!:applause:

kdriver
May 3rd, 2014, 00:55
Hello guys,
still reworking the Lods; Blood Hawk: got the PM, i'll send you the files after the end of the operation; Kdriver: beautiful objects, they perfectly fit to Paris and Seine river, a curiosity: did you try to convert them throgh ModelConverterX?
Bye to all,
Gius

I decompiled the .bgl and edited the .sca to make it a library object, then recompiled. The problem may have been that the particular .bgl I decompiled actually contained three bridges. Perhaps if I had have separated them, the disappearing act may not have occurred.

If you think it's worthwhile I could try and get permission from Philippe Coutellier.

Blood_Hawk23
May 3rd, 2014, 01:35
I decompiled the .bgl and edited the .sca to make it a library object, then recompiled. The problem may have been that the particular .bgl I decompiled actually contained three bridges. Perhaps if I had have separated them, the disappearing act may not have occurred.

If you think it's worthwhile I could try and get permission from Philippe Coutellier.

Seeing how we don't have them I think it couldn't hurt to get perms. see if you can get a source file or permission to make it destroyable.

If not we could use it as a template to make a new model.

I agree with Kelti on making longer and shorter sections.

Let me know if you want to do the damage models.

gius
May 4th, 2014, 09:15
I appreciate it. Their is not enough building and land structures for my Eastern Front install. I know its meant for Europe in general. But I am upgrading my Eastern Front install right now.

Thank you!:applause:

Thanks to you, Miami.

gius
May 4th, 2014, 09:17
Seeing how we don't have them I think it couldn't hurt to get perms. see if you can get a source file or permission to make it destroyable.

If not we could use it as a template to make a new model.

I agree with Kelti on making longer and shorter sections.

Let me know if you want to do the damage models.

Blood Hawk,
i totally agree with you. In any case we could use this models to make new ones in Gmax or Sketchup.
Bye,
Gius

kelticheart
May 5th, 2014, 01:32
Hi Gius,

These are four of the River Seine bridges package for FS 2002 by Philippe Coutellier. They work in CFS 2 but when I converted them to library objects they vanished when you flew close to them.

Something along these lines would be good - especially with all the improvements KH mentioned above.

This is a wish-list and I realise it could turn into a big project so please don't feel obligated.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi guys!

I have this pack too. It matches the stock CFS2 scenery, but it becomes a problem with SdC's ETO rivers and coastlines, and gets worse with Rhumba's corrected mesh and watermasks.

I noticed the disappearance, as well. This is a clear symptom of the object-size bug discovered by Pen32Win in Gary20's RAF buildings, which led Pen to rework their polygons and scale dimensions. If you remember his readme and the discussion that went on, when he announced the refurbish projects for Gary20's library, this bug also causes a significant degradation in fps performance, with rockets and bullets passing through without causing any damage, as if they were "ghost" objects. Another tale-telling symptom happens when standing on the ground and panning the view around: the faulty building/object disappears slightly before it should leave the screen either to the right or the left.

A word of advice to you Gius, Kdriver and Blood_Hawk23, then: if you are thinking to utilise this Paris bridge library to develop new bridge objects, watch out not to duplicate this nasty bug, which hides very well within a given scenery object and it can only be detected by the disappearence-when-close and the apparent impossibility to damage the object.

Ever since I started doing gsl work in the attempt to enhance the looks of available sceneries, I discovered that there are other popular object libraries out there with the same bug. One of them is Xaveirb2's Japanese/ETO hangars and some of his warehouses.
Gius, you might want to check before release your new ETO city objects as well, against the possible presence of this bug.

I always thought that since we are at it, we might as well try to do things in a way that an upgrade or correction at a later stage will not be necessary. :encouragement:

Cheers!

kdriver
May 5th, 2014, 11:20
As yet no reply from Philippe Coutellier.

Blood_Hawk23
May 6th, 2014, 10:46
Hey All,

Kdriver sent me the bridges. First most of these have 3 to 4 bridges per bgl. it appears they are in the correct layout to span the river in multiple locations. So what I need to know is which would we like to create. Which bridges were around in WWI or WWII.

I'll try to get some pics so everyone can see.

but here are the areas:

Alma - two bridges
Austerlitz - three bridges
Concorde - three bridges
Grenelle - three bridges
Iena - one bridge (possibly the one we want)
Invalides - two bridges
Neuf - three bridges
St Louis - five bridges
St Michel - four bridges
Tournelle - three bridges

each area has different ones so I'm not sure which are the best. a few are more moden which I can easily see. Others I'm not sure of. so if anyone can get a little info on the history of them. For now I'll take the single and see what it looks like in gmax and see if I can create a new one.

Till Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
May 6th, 2014, 13:57
Ok Kelti you started it.

I'm make the bridges from scratch. The Paris bridges are great but they won't lend themselves to conversion without major rework. Well maybe not "Major" but the amount needed is still nearly as much as making new ones.

So 25m, 50m, 100m, and 200m sections are coming. I'm also making complete 25m and 50m narrow and wide. I'm going to make the bridges with a 5:1 length to rise. so every 5m in length they will rise 1m. I'll make a 100m with room for barges. If you want specific bridges let me know and I'll get the specs or just post them with the bridge name.

Need span length, width and the rise of the span.

Example:

Pont d'Iéna (Jena Bridge) Built 1808-1814
5 spans 28m, rise 3.4m, pre WWII width 14m, WWII (1937) width 35m

Anyone have some textures for the roads? What is being used now?

gius
May 6th, 2014, 14:05
Hi John,
great to read you're making progress,
after some day i will be able to give help!!:running::running:
Bye,
Gius

Blood_Hawk23
May 6th, 2014, 23:38
Here is a quick and basic stone bridge.

only 208 polys. no LODs. no damage model yet.

I'm not the best at mapping textures so it could be improved with a better texture set and better mapping.

50m stone bridge. 14M wide.

kelticheart
May 7th, 2014, 03:45
Looking good Blood_Hawk23!

How did you manage to find the real dimensions of the Pont d'Iéna? :applouse:

Cheers!

Blood_Hawk23
May 7th, 2014, 11:20
Its been listed as a Historical structure since 1975. when they do things like that they must take all of the data. I just looked it up and had at least ten different sites list it. So if thats the case then any historical bridges should be easy to get.

kdriver
May 7th, 2014, 11:52
Hi John,

Before you go to too much trouble with the small bridge, Canion made one in his ETO_Inf-Pack_02 package. It's destructible and the textures are pretty good. There's also a small bridge in the Cees Donker package recently released but it's not destructible.

Blood_Hawk23
May 7th, 2014, 12:15
Hi John,

Before you go to too much trouble with the small bridge, Canion made one in his ETO_Inf-Pack_02 package. It's destructible and the textures are pretty good. There's also a small bridge in the Cees Donker package recently released but it's not destructible.

well ok then mine are junk LOL...

those look great Kdriver. Now if some one could do the texture mapping I could make the models like that. I struggle with the textures.

so i'll look to the larger ones.

I'm back to work for the next 4 nights. so i'll be MIA till sunday.

gius
May 16th, 2014, 15:00
Hi,
here are some scereenshots of any building mix i'm doing, in order to recreate entire residential quarters of a city, the beta version of the objects is almost ready...

Blood_Hawk23
May 17th, 2014, 02:39
Hi,
here are some scereenshots of any building mix i'm doing, in order to recreate entire residential quarters of a city, the beta version of the objects is almost ready...

They look great.
Are those multiple objects per bgl?

gius
May 17th, 2014, 08:22
They look great.
Are those multiple objects per bgl?

Affirmative John, i've done them to get better frames.
Gius

Shessi
May 17th, 2014, 09:04
Blimey!

Towns and cities with good FR's, looking good Gius.

Cheers

Shessi

Captain Kurt
May 17th, 2014, 15:59
Gius

This is looking exciting - good stuff for European mission builders

miamieagle
May 17th, 2014, 17:19
Great!

Thank you!:wavey:

gius
May 18th, 2014, 01:47
Thanks, my friends,
so we can have detailed cities with good FR...
BYe,
Gius

Devildog73
May 19th, 2014, 10:29
Gius,

Very nice! I can see me making a Stuttgart, Germany out of those once done!

DD

CrisGer
May 22nd, 2014, 16:53
Wonderful work i have always wished for good low poly city shapes it would make the CFS2 world so much more realistic. Created as large blocks they could easily rec reate most cities of that era which were very similar in design so much so that the bombers of both sides had to be very careful about finding the right city esp at night.

very well done indeed!!!!!

and once they are made maybe we can create sets of cities ...so nice.

gius
May 23rd, 2014, 07:15
Wonderful work i have always wished for good low poly city shapes it would make the CFS2 world so much more realistic. Created as large blocks they could easily rec reate most cities of that era which were very similar in design so much so that the bombers of both sides had to be very careful about finding the right city esp at night.

very well done indeed!!!!!

and once they are made maybe we can create sets of cities ...so nice.

Thanks Chris,
this is my intention, indeed.
Bye,
Gius

gius
May 25th, 2014, 15:26
A Beta version of the objects is now available for download in Cfs2 Scenery section...
Happy building,
Gius

Blood_Hawk23
May 25th, 2014, 16:11
Excellent. I'll look at it tonite. Can't wait to see what you have made.

gius
May 25th, 2014, 16:27
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/127314010574504974.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: Here are some single and multi GSL objects representing urban blocks and sections of residential quarters made by me. They are intended for use only as scenery objects and not as targets because Dps and damaged models are only dummy objects.

Hope you enjoy,

Gius

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Cfs2_Euro_Buildings_Beta0.5.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18509&catid=45)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.