PDA

View Full Version : wep_800_kg bomb needed

highpockets
April 29th, 2014, 11:00
This is required for G3M Nell by Wolfi. Help please.

Bill Kestell
April 29th, 2014, 11:31
Go find Thicko's B6N1 Tenzan under Japanese Aircraft in the library ... complete selection of excellent Japanese weapons.

highpockets
April 29th, 2014, 12:08
Bill Kestell
I have those properly dl in my file, but it asks for WEP_800_kg bomb, not a wep_type2_800 kg bomb that is in the file. Could the A/C cfg file be in error? I don't know how to determine that.

Fibber
April 29th, 2014, 12:49
I think this is what the plane is looking for is located in a file named Kawauso_bombs.zip I originally found it over at Simviation many moons ago.
The following is a excerpt from the "read-me"
(Begin excerpt)
Japanese external load outs set for CFS2 version 1.0
Package name: Japanese_bombs.zip
Author: Daisuke Iga (A.K.A. daikie)/Kawauso Works

This small software adds visual models of Japanese external load outs. The
load outs included in this release are

Japanese 800kg bomb
Japanese 500kg bomb
Japanese 600litter drop tank
Japanese 30kg rocket
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(end excerpt)

ADDENDUM;
I just did a search over there and couldn't find that specific file. However it is included in another here; http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=kawauso&categoryId=
Use that link and download the "Aichi M6A1 Seiran" Combo, the weapons are in there in a separate file.

kwb737
April 29th, 2014, 13:33
This is required for G3M Nell by Wolfi. Help please.

Go to the simviation site here. http://simviation.com/cfs2missions15.htm
Down load this package on that page. AF=Midway IJN CV Based Aircraft Package (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=af_ijn_cv_ac.zip)

The "wep_800kg_bomb" you are looking for will be in that package. http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/3.gif

highpockets
April 29th, 2014, 13:41
Fibber
I have those in my weapons file as well. They call for a wep_jp_800kg bomb, not the wep_800kg_bomb the sim says it cannot find in the library. I deleted the flielist and reran, still no bomb.
I can close it out in free flight and it will fly, but I am not sure how to drop the bomb if it is there.

Bill Kestell
April 29th, 2014, 14:42
Why not just change the entry in the DP file to match what you have? I've done that for years. (Ususally when the ordnance I want to use is better than that which the aircraft builder elected to use)?

glh
April 29th, 2014, 14:49
Bill:

Exactly. Done the same myself.

Fibber
April 29th, 2014, 16:06
....do you have the weapons by Metal Dreams (MD)? Get MD_bombs2.zip also at Simviation. I believe THAT is where you will find the secret you seek.

kelticheart
April 30th, 2014, 02:02
Why not just change the entry in the DP file to match what you have? I've done that for years. (Usually when the ordnance I want to use is better than that which the aircraft builder elected to use)?

Highpockets, Bill is pointing out the way to do it.

The first thing one must learn, if a serious depart from the strictly stock install is wished, is to edit aircraft Damage Profile (i.e.: *.dp) Files. This will open up a whole new world of tweaking your addon aircrafts, a very satisfying practice.

Open it with a simple text editor, I've used Windows Notepad for ages.
If it's the first time select Notepad "Open always with" option in order to open all flies ending with *.dp with Notepad from then on.
Scroll down to the end of it, you'll find the [PAYLOAD.x] section.

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Guns only

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = Bombs Light
mount.3=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.2=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 4
mount.5=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.4=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.2]
; Payload = Bombs Medium
mount.3=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.2=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 4
mount.5=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.4=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, -1

Replace what I highlighted in the above example with your weapon of choice, copying exactly its filename from the root \OBJECTS_DP folder, providing you had previously installed it correctly. Filename only, leave the .dp extension out.
Save the new dp file.
Delete the corresponding *.cdp file in the aircraft folder (to force CFS2 accepting the new changes) and start CFS2.
DONE.

Now comes the fun part. :rolleyes:

Every addon weapon has its own HARDPOINT location. The most common thing that happens now is that your new waepon is hanging in mid-air, nowhere near the pylon where it should be hanging from. Some designers took the extra pain in matching the stock HARDPOINT figures, like Dbolt and Thicko, but the great majority of the addon weapons out there will not sit in the same place of the ones they replaced.

If this is the case, onwards to the next step.

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0,-0.661,-0.52
mount.1=0,-0.661,-0.52
mount.2=0.85,-0.55,-0.3
mount.3=0.85,-0.65,-0.3
mount.4=-0.85,-0.65,-0.3
mount.5=-0.85,-0.65,-0.3

Again in the *.dp file, the above section usually comes before the [PAYLOAD.x] section. The meaning of the highligted figures is as follows:

1st: distance from the central aircraft longitudinal axis. Increasing this number will move the hardpoint away from the central aircraft longitudinal axis. Lowering this number will move the hardpoint closer to the central aircraft longitudinal axis. This example looks like those two hardpoints are located under the wings. A weapon carried ventrally in the center would have a 0.0 location. The minus in front of mount.4= means the opposite side.

2nd: above and below a given point. Lowering this number will move the hardpoint downward. Increasing this number will move the hardpoint upward. In this example the two numbers are different because probably the model came out not too accurate and the weapons must be hanged in two different locations in order to look levelled. It often happens.

3rd: forward or backward a given point. Lowering this number will move the hardpoint backward, toward the tail of the aircraft. Increasing this number will move the hardpoint forward, toward the nose of the aircraft.

A word of advice when working with hardpoint locations: pay attention to the negative and positive numbers. Sometime increasing a negative figure sends the weapon opposite to what we want, it usually happens to rookies, a little practice will clear all misunderstandings.

As with hundreds of other mods with CFS2, it's a matter of trial-and-error. DpEd is a freeware utility application, you can find here, that should help finding the correct harpoint figures quickly. I never got used to it, other than fixing incorrect gun data. I usually do all of the above with CFS2 run in a window, aircaft displayed in Free Flight, changing figures by 0.5 increase/decrease steps each time and watch results until I find the right spot.

Each one of us has their own methods and you will get other suggestions. What I wrote above is how I do it, you must develop your own method.

"Memento audere semper!" (Remember to dare always) In other words: have fun!

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

The B24 Guy
April 30th, 2014, 07:38
It is the AF= Midway one.

Regards,
B24Guy

kwb737
April 30th, 2014, 08:41
It is the AF= Midway one.

Regards,
B24Guy

Go to the simviation site here. http://simviation.com/cfs2missions15.htm
Down load this package on that page. AF=Midway IJN CV Based Aircraft Package (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=af_ijn_cv_ac.zip)

The "wep_800kg_bomb" you are looking for will be in that package. :banghead:

highpockets
April 30th, 2014, 10:51
Dang! At last.:jump:
Thanks guys, I would never had known where to look. I have been goggling with no results.
Into my CSF 2 weapons file they go.

Bill Kestell and kelticheart, thanks for the instruction on the dp. I will copy and save for future when I have a little more time to tinker.

Someone may want to reference this for Wolfi's G3M2 Nell, if that is how is works.
I don't know who specifies the load out in the missions or if is already in the A/C. Regardless there was no reference in the readme in the A/C or the RAAF missions as to this bomb's location.