PDA

View Full Version : WWI Test pilot needed!!!

Blood_Hawk23
April 28th, 2014, 15:49
I need someone with a WWI install (Aerocrates WWI plz).

You will be testing and reviewing the L-44 before final release. I want to make sure everything is up to par.

PM me if your interested. I will need your email so I can send it out.

You will need my WWI bomb pack as well.

I want to get this done ASAP so please if anyone can do this get back to me.

Till Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
April 29th, 2014, 13:53
Thank you for the replies. The L-44 is being sent out as I type this. You can post your thoughts here if you like.

Please note that there are no braking parts right now. I hope to fix that soon. But right now I don't have the time.

Also If you get a good screne shot put it up.

Till Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2014, 06:42
Hey all,

I just realized a mistake I've made. I forgot to include the Hydrogen Explosion effects. I'll get those out later today.

I've already recieved some great feedback from AER_DaddyO. I'm making some minor changes that will help with the L-44 in QC. I didn't realize that the DP effected QC as well. I also didn't take into account how big the L-44 was when I set the min alt. Ooops...

I'm also looking at a few other minor things.

I hope to hear from the others soon.

Till Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2014, 14:56
Ok more feed back in. This is great. So it seems the Finn is unable to use it in free flight. he thinks its his computer.

What would stop him from using ACs in Free flight but still work in missions?

Blood_Hawk23
May 2nd, 2014, 14:43
So I've heard from everyone at least once.

Waiting for Eric to get back to me on the contact points I sent him.

I'm going to try something with the Flaps to help with the possibility of a ground take off. kind of like a STOL setup. with the contact points I have it is possible to take off but landing is not. Even then takeoffs are tricky. AI's will not be able to do it at all. If it doesn't work then I will have to leave everything as is.

Finn suggested a stronger DP. I will toughen it up a little. These were not tank in the sky so I don't want to go to far. Once the British started using Incendiary rounds the Zeppelin's day were numbered. I think it would be better to add more damage to a fighters guns then make the Zeppelin to strong. you could also add more tracer rounds to the guns.

I have taken everyones comments to heart. I'm finishing up for the final test. So if anyone has anything else to add please let me know.

Till later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
May 3rd, 2014, 01:41
Hopefully the last update is going out for testing.

We know have a landable Zeppelin. with the addition of Flaps ( ballest ) take offs are easier and take less then 500ft.

This project has taken a bit out of me as far a Zeppelins are concerned. So unless there are no major changes, this will be the final update. I have other projects to start and finish.

Till Later,
John

kdriver
May 3rd, 2014, 06:02
Well done John. Thanks very much. :applause:

Blood_Hawk23
May 4th, 2014, 14:03
Hey Kevin send me that third picture.Thats a great shot.

Blood_Hawk23
May 5th, 2014, 10:40
Well the L-44 is finished. AER_DaddyO had a few more tid bits which I've added. It seems he had fun with this one. As he flew from Tondern to London. I've never been one for the real long flights so this is much apprechiated.

A very big thank you to...

AER_DaddyO, Finn, Stoney, and Kdriver.

They were the test pilots that put the L-44 through her paces. All gave excellent feedback. Much of which has gone into fine tuning the L-44.

Once I'm finished with the little I have left she will go for upload. Maybe tonite. Maybe...

Till Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
May 7th, 2014, 00:51
Fini,

I have just sent the Zeppelin L-44 for upload.

She will be available for download here:

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com

In a week or so I'll upload it here at SOH and SimV. Hopefully Oldwheat will pop in so I can send the Final version to be uploaded at the Aerocrates site where she belongs.

So once NoDice gets her into her new hanger, she will be ready for combat.

Zeppelin Over London - Image by Kevin Driver.

Look for the Upcoming Raid on Tondern Mission.

Some other pics for your viewing pleasure.

Till Later,
John

oldwheat
May 7th, 2014, 09:13
Fini,

Hopefully Oldwheat will pop in so I can send the Final version to be uploaded at the Aerocrates site where she belongs.

My PC is presently in storage & will be for some time so I don't presently have the capability to upload files. If you can contact Gary, that would most likely be the best bet.