PDA

View Full Version : Multi monitor (Nvidea) question

Naismith
April 27th, 2014, 13:02
I just got an Asus GeForce GTX 660 card. I wanted to use 2 (at the moment, I have a third but not the correct cable yet) monitors. Both monitors are exactly the same (Acer something or others LCD's). I want to run FSX on the main monitor and a moving map on the secondary one.

Problem is in full screen mode the second LCD goes blank so I have to run the first in windowed mode however the fps crash to single figures from 30fps plus the ugly Title Bar cannot be gotten rid of seemingly.

Anyone know of a way to have Monitor 1 full screen and monitor 2 not so or .......
Get rid of the title bar and up windowed FPS.

I'm running in DX10.

Roger
April 27th, 2014, 13:10
This post needs to be in Paul's Dx10 forum.

MarkH
April 27th, 2014, 13:14
Problem is in full screen mode the second LCD goes blank

Assuming you want to run external apps on your second screen, you will be disappointed as it simply isn't possible. You can only run FSX panels on your second screen unless you are prepared to stick with Windowed mode.

Paul J
April 27th, 2014, 13:21
This post needs to be in Paul's Dx10 forum.

....and Mr. Naismith needs a read of part of the "How-To guide".....

Check "Fullscreen Mode", Mr. N., and then "Vsync with those two dissimilar windows" - both on page 16. (For the moment ignore D3DOverrider.)

Come back here if you have any problems getting it to work the way you want - ok!

All the Best - and "Welcome!"

pj

Naismith
April 27th, 2014, 15:44
....and Mr. Naismith needs a read of part of the "How-To guide".....

Check "Fullscreen Mode", Mr. N., and then "Vsync with those two dissimilar windows" - both on page 16. (For the moment ignore D3DOverrider.)

Come back here if you have any problems getting it to work the way you want - ok!

All the Best - and "Welcome!"

pj

Paul, what can I say, you are just fantastic, your guide satisfied all my requirements and my fps is back up in the 30's :adoration: 7441

Paul J
April 27th, 2014, 18:31
Mr. Naismith - you are the hero!

I just spent some time working with Paul Sleight in another thread, having his photoscenery blurring and stuttering - and I just ran out of ideas, (not having any experience with photoscenery), so I was on my way to bed, feeling quite dejected (I'm not a graceful loser, I'm afraid) - and then I saw your post!

Well - the day didn't end too badly after all - a tie is OK in my books, so thank you for reading, trying, being successful and then posting that grand shot of your sim working the way you wanted!
:ernaehrung004: Your health, Sir!

All the Best,

pj

PS: Isn't that PlanG v3 just the greatest little addon!