PDA

View Full Version : Sound file format for CFS3

hairyspin
April 27th, 2014, 12:58
I know some people have messed with new sound files, so could someone explain what format CFS3 likes its sound files in? I have a new sound put together in Audacity but it's not being played by the sim, phooey! :a1310:

ndicki
April 29th, 2014, 01:35
PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit stereo.

If you still have your XP disk somewhere, copy sndrec32.exe from the XP system32 folder to your W7 system32 folder, and set it to XP SP3 compatibility mode. It should run perfectly well, and has more functions than the W7 rubbish. One of those functions is that you can easily set the frequency and rate of wav files... Audacity and Wavosaur, another editor, canboth be a pain for little things like this.

If you haven't got sndrec32.exe, give me a yell.

Old Tiger
April 29th, 2014, 04:28
PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit stereo.

If you still have your XP disk somewhere, copy sndrec32.exe from the XP system32 folder to your W7 system32 folder, and set it to XP SP3 compatibility mode. It should run perfectly well, and has more functions than the W7 rubbish. One of those functions is that you can easily set the frequency and rate of wav files... Audacity and Wavosaur, another editor, canboth be a pain for little things like this.

If you haven't got sndrec32.exe, give me a yell.

:ernaehrung004:
Thanks for that bit info Ndicki, I have win7 and all my cfs3 sims sounds don'nt sound just right. Maybe this will make sound better.

hairyspin
April 29th, 2014, 09:07
Well, I tried PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 bit stereo in Audacity and apparently created another 4 minutes 33 seconds by Nicholas Cage as far as CFS3 was concerned. :a1310:

As Nigel suggested I then ran the same file through sndrec32.exe and the Tempest once more dispenses noisy death and destruction. I expect it's some compatibility nonsense. Cheers Nigel, much obliged! :applause: :applause: :applause:

hairyspin
May 11th, 2014, 13:14
It's astonishing how easily CFS3 accepts new sounds if one first deletes the model's .BDP file. D'oh!