PDA

View Full Version : Mission builder not reading ships?

grover1
April 26th, 2014, 21:50
Hi all,

I'm having some problems with the mission builder in ETO 1.40.

Whenever I go to install a new ship in ETO such as the GC Endurace or the GC Jervis or Kelley, they're in the ships folder in my main ETO directory, but don't load in the mission builder for use.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this issue?

Thanks

Chris

Led Zeppelin
April 27th, 2014, 00:12
Check in the xdp file, the ship appears in the MB as it is setup in the ShortName section.

grover1
April 27th, 2014, 00:42
Nope, no luck. Still isn't in the drop down list.

FireStorm II
April 27th, 2014, 08:02
Hi Grover,
This is my best guess;

The self-installer wants to put these ship files into:
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Combat Flight Simulator 3/Ships/Endurance (or Jervis or Kelly).

To install them into ETO, you have to change the directory to the correct filename for ETO, but
you must create the folder 'Endurance' (or Jervis or Kelly) under 'Ships' or else the files will
drop into 'Ships' and the Mission Builder won't find them, 'cause they're not in a folder.
Let me know:wiggle:

grover1
April 27th, 2014, 14:17
Hi FireStormII,

I tried your suggestion and had no luck

Any other ideas on why the mission builder won't read files?

Chris

FireStorm II
April 28th, 2014, 09:15
I downloaded them, created a folder in 'Ships' for each and they work in ETO. If you have many versions
of CFS3 and its Expansions, make sure that the Mission Builder selected is pointed to the correct simulator.
7482~7483~7484
Hmm, I may have put too many German ships nearby.

grizzly50
April 28th, 2014, 10:16
I downloaded them, created a folder in 'Ships' for each and they work in ETO. If you have many versions
of CFS3 and its Expansions, make sure that the Mission Builder selected is pointed to the correct simulator.
7482~7483~7484
Hmm, I may have put too many German ships nearby.

Grover1,

Yes, each separate install needs a separate Mission Builder, with a separate desktop icon. I think this is the problem you're having. It sounds like the MB you're trying to use isn't pointed at the install where you have the ships.

This one very good reason why your vanilla CFS3 install should contain Mission Builder. It will copy over to the other theaters when they're installed.

grover1
April 28th, 2014, 18:12
Thanks all,

FireStormII, I'm going to send you a private message.

Grizzly, I was wondering if you could also help me locate a file?

There were some really good flak sounds from the archive right before the crash.

They were made by Wulfmann or Luftwaffe Oberst a few years ago?

Thanks for your help!

Chris