PDA

View Full Version : What The Heck Channel Is Richmond On?

Panther_99FS
April 25th, 2014, 18:33
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

stansdds
April 26th, 2014, 03:43
It was on ESPN News, which is generally available only with a subscription to a sports package, at least that's the way it is with Comcast.

By the way, I do not have any such subscriptions, so when NASCAR events get put on such channels I do not get to see them.

Terry
April 26th, 2014, 04:24
Yes it was on ESPN news, but only the first 40 laps aprox. Then they switched it to ESPN2 and switched whatever was on ESPN2 to ESPN. So anyone that set their recorder because they could not watch live got screwed. This is the same kind of crap they have been doing to NHRA for years. I wish all racing would go to MAVTV.

Curtis P40
April 26th, 2014, 06:33
It was on ESPN News, which is generally available only with a subscription to a sports package, at least that's the way it is with Comcast.

By the way, I do not have any such subscriptions, so when NASCAR events get put on such channels I do not get to see them.

Times two. Needless to say, that I was a little ticked off, but who do you get mad at ? I tend to like the racing in Nationwide better than Sprint.

EasyEd
April 26th, 2014, 07:19
Hey All,

Saw the whole race here in Canada. Nice win by Bakersfield Harv.

-Ed-

stansdds
April 26th, 2014, 11:52
Times two. Needless to say, that I was a little ticked off, but who do you get mad at ? I tend to like the racing in Nationwide better than Sprint.

The TV network. NASCAR gives a network, in this case it was ABC, the rights to broadcast. It is ABC's decision to put it on ESPN, then ESPN's decision as to which ESPN will show the race. In this case, I guess they decided to chop up coverage due to commitments to cover other events. I will admit that covering outdoor events such as racing and baseball can wreak havoc on a broadcast schedule if the weather does not cooperate. I'm sure it's a difficult thing to sort out, but very frustrating for fans.

Daveroo
April 26th, 2014, 17:37
there are three or four races left this season for nationwide that are listed as "TBD",as was fridays race....so who knows what wierd channel they will stick it on...and ofcourse baseball,and baseketball ,then football?..college anyway are most important to espn..so anything nascar will get moved or pre-empted...or not shown at all....i cant wait until its all fox all the time...though i keep loddying nascar for a roku nascar only channel,and the last newsletter i recived hinted at it.

Panther_99FS
April 26th, 2014, 20:08
Hey All,

Saw the whole race here in Canada. Nice win by Bakersfield Harv.

-Ed-

I was rootin' for Chase & a coupla other kids...:mixed-smiley-010:

stansdds
April 27th, 2014, 03:26
there are three or four races left this season for nationwide that are listed as "TBD",as was fridays race....so who knows what wierd channel they will stick it on...and ofcourse baseball,and baseketball ,then football?..college anyway are most important to espn..so anything nascar will get moved or pre-empted...or not shown at all....i cant wait until its all fox all the time...though i keep loddying nascar for a roku nascar only channel,and the last newsletter i recived hinted at it.

And a NASCAR channel will be just like the NFL channel, premium sports package only for satellite tv, maybe cable companies will add it to their premium packages if they can negotiate a profitable broadcasting fee.

Daveroo
April 27th, 2014, 08:24
i dont care two hoots about cable/satellite,i just want it on roku..........:biggrin-new::very_drunk:

EasyEd
April 27th, 2014, 11:29
Hey All,

Great job by Logano in the last few laps last night! Saw it all here in Canada.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
April 27th, 2014, 18:14
I'm quite surprised that no one punted Kenseth outta the way....:pop4: