PDA

View Full Version : Northern Virginia IPMS at Fairfax High School 20140426

Ivan
April 25th, 2014, 06:03
Hello All,

I know this is an international forum, but perhaps there are others here who will be attending this event tomorrow (Saturday).
I expect to be attending with my son so we will most likely end up at the Make & Take for at least a little while before generally browsing.
If you have never been before, it has always been an interesting way to spend a few hours and collect a few more model kits.

I seem to have posted nearly the same message almost exactly a year ago.

- Ivan.

Ivan
April 27th, 2014, 17:09
It wasn't a bad event at all although the vendors started clearing out about an hour before the scheduled conclusion.

Here are a couple photographs of a Wildcat along with the CFS1 equivalent.

- Ivan.

Daveroo
May 18th, 2014, 06:03
very cool..im in calif,but id have gone...i just saw this thread today though....

Ivan
May 23rd, 2014, 17:44
Hello Daveroo,

IPMS has branches all over the world. I am sure there must be an event in your area that is not a year in the future.

By the way, I took photographs of the Wildcat because I thought it was a nicely laid out diorama.
After looking over it for a while, I believe the shape of the cowling isn't quite right. It looks like a cross between the P&W R-1830 and Wright R-1820 equipped aircraft.
If you are curious, there is a more detailed post under the "Conspicuous...." thread in the CFS1 area.

Take Care.
- Ivan.

Daveroo
July 19th, 2014, 19:19
well im now taking up a new hobby,semi trucks and trailers in 1/14th scale ,and i have yet to find a model car show in my area...

stansdds
July 20th, 2014, 02:21
1/14 scale semi trucks? That would make a truck with trailer over 4 feet long. Geez! And I thought 1/25 was huge!

Daveroo
July 20th, 2014, 06:25
yes..they are large...me likes.....heres some pics of the truck and trailer im going to build.and a video of similar trucks in action.the radio is a Futaba 10 channel radio with the ability to memorize 30 models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hlYMl_Fwwc