PDA

View Full Version : B-29 Skins released

Threedp
April 21st, 2014, 12:15
Doing my best for the only free B-29 we have, one day and one night. In the CFS3 American Skins section at this site.

Daiwilletti
April 21st, 2014, 14:11
Doing my best for the only free B-29 we have, one day and one night. In the CFS3 American Skins section at this site.

Great to see the skins. I hope there is renewed interest in the B-29. Which gets me to thinking I should include it in a 1945 whatif campaign in the ETO? That would be fun.

westview
April 21st, 2014, 17:07
These look great! The only other skin we have for this bird is a TU-4 skin someone made for it a while ago. A Washington Mk. I (the RAF actually had a few) would be cool to have too!

Led Zeppelin
April 22nd, 2014, 01:09
Thanks, this one is most welcome.

Threedp
April 22nd, 2014, 08:10
I've pondered the idea of a Washington skin, but come to the conclusion that if the war required the presence of B-29s in Europe ('what if'), they would have been American. They were only supplied to the UK in the 50s as a stopgap/surplus thing, and doing a peacetime skin makes no sense to me.

That said, it does pique the imagination to wonder what 1945-supplied B-29s would have looked like in RAF service. Silver? The green early B-29s were painted? A full on Lancaster-like scheme? Maybe when I'm looking for something different to do . . .

gosd
April 22nd, 2014, 09:22
Trying to make stand alone of these. Did you use a different .m3d file since the original one does not require any of the wing_low_x_x .dds files?

Threedp
April 22nd, 2014, 09:29
I wish it did use them! My skins actually include the proper underwing textures, they just aren't called. I included them in case it can ever be fixed.

But I'm afraid that I'm very much the wrong person to ask! I have only ever painted a few planes for CFS3. I have no idea how planes can be made into new standalones and what the various other files do. Sorry. I will note that the main issues with it are the undersides of the wings mapping to the same files as the uppersides and the fact that the other planes in a formation are not textured. There's also the mirrored rear fuselage.

gosd
April 22nd, 2014, 19:03
Thank you Threedp for this beautiful aircraft.:encouragement:

lewis11777
April 23rd, 2014, 14:39
UUUUUU very nice!