PDA

View Full Version : Installing add on aircraft

yankeeclipper747
April 21st, 2014, 03:00
Hi,

Is anyone still playing CFS2? I have downloaded a number of the add on aircraft and installed them in the aircraft folder in the game but they don't show up! What am I not doing correctly?

Thanks

Rami
April 21st, 2014, 03:03
Yankee Clipper,

1) Yes, many of us are still involved in CFS2, there's a ton of stuff out there, and our happy band continues to chug along.

2) To answer your question, I'll introduce you to Jaxon's website: http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Tips.html

I'm sure others will chime in throughout the day...

gaucho_59
April 21st, 2014, 07:16
Hi,

Is anyone still playing CFS2? I have downloaded a number of the add on aircraft and installed them in the aircraft folder in the game but they don't show up! What am I not doing correctly?

Thanks

First, that the aircraft has all folders in order... model, sound, texture, etc.
Also, make sure that there are proper Acft. config, model config., etc.
the same.. MUST be right! (sim= RIGHT NAME and title=proper title

Now, anything that is aliased... sound for example... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE AIRCRAFT TO WHICH IT IS ALIASED IS IN YOUR LIST
(i.e.: if sound is aliased to AM6 A ZERO... you must have that aircraft with a proper sound folder.. NOT with sound aliased in turn to another aircraft)

If, after ensuring this is OK the plane still does not show... mmmm take two aspirins and give me a call in the morning...
Probably time to see the old Dr. (actually, I'll be glad to help you diagnose the problem) With 3rd party aircraft... might me that it is not ported right...
(but that is more often with old CFS2 or FS 2000 or 2002 models taken into FS9, etc.

Ciao for now
G.

Devildog73
April 21st, 2014, 10:22
Hi,

Thanks

yankeeclipper747,

As my colleagues have said, yes, there are many of us still flying CFS2.

And to add to what gaucho_59 said, make sure that your MODEL folder has two files, one is the name of your (aircraftname).mdl the other is "model.cfg" which points directly at the other. Then, there must be at least a panel.cfg file in the PANEL folder that is either aliased to another aircraft, and as said, THAT aircraft must be in your AIRCRAFT folder. Then the SOUND folder as gaucho said and the TEXTURE folder with textures.

Now, the aircraft should show up in free flight. However, if you do not enter them into QUICKCOMBAT they will not show when you choose that option. Go here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49&sort=U&page=3&pp=20 and download "JSQCEd.zip" to add those aircraft to your quick combat menu.

If after doing the above and what gaucho said, you still do not see them, go here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49&sort=U&page=2&pp=20 and download Morton's "Mk_cfs2_util_v2.zip" and add the aircraft with his program.

I use both Morton's and SdC's utilities mentioned here to add all my add-on aircraft. I add the aircraft to the sim with Morton's utility but do not have his add to quick combat even though it will do so. I use SdC's for that.

Hope this helps.