PDA

View Full Version : SweetFX & Shade

B777ER
April 19th, 2014, 06:10
Paul, I have SweetFX running with DX10 right now with no issues. Do you know if the program, Shade works in DX10? As well, do you know if these two programs compliment each other or clash?

Paul J
April 19th, 2014, 10:07
Paul, I have SweetFX running with DX10 right now with no issues. Do you know if the program, Shade works in DX10? As well, do you know if these two programs compliment each other or clash?

Page 23, How-To:-

Note: SweetFX will occasionally prevent FSX from launching, and it happens after refreshing FSX using the "pause:break" button. It seems that the SweetFX_settings.txt file becomes corrupt. I have not noticed this when switching between windowed and full-screen mode. The answer is to simply note the settings, and copy in a new one from the downloaded package.

ENBSeries: Does not work in DX10, and will cause a crash on start-up. I believe the culprit is the d3d10.dll that is part of its structure, and it can be found in the root folder of FSX and deleted.

FXAATool: Does not work in DX10, and will cause a black screen on start-up. It installs several .dll's and the two injFX_Settings and injFX_Shaders folders that will be found in the root folder of FSX. Uninstall or delete any of these files which you find there (the datestamop will reflect the time when created or unzipped) :-

file:///C:\Users\pj\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\cli p_image002.jpg (List of FXAATool files here)

Shade: Works very well in DX10, producing some stunning screenshots.!

SweetFX: All versions from 1.3.7 through 1.5.1 also work very well, and bring an enormous array of colour and vibrancy to the sim - a very configurable addon. A desktop link to the SweetFX_settings.txt will allow one to change any parameter completely on the fly. A search on Google will also turn up a HUI front-end, but I have not used this.

************************************************** ************************************************

This is my philosophy on these two apps, Eric: When SweetFX messes up, dark blue, black screen, too much bloom, bad AA - or whatever... - it's a real easy fix. Remove the two dll's, the two .fx files, the settings, and the SweetFX folder, and it's done - you're back to standard FSX: Shade's setup is "kludgy" and confusing, and when someone experiences that, it's very easy to make mistakes without being aware that you've made one - and that can end up as a nightmare. That might be a slight exaggeration, I know, but that's my 2 cents. Not everyone is born with a computer guru gene inside them - I'm certainly not - but if I can find it this way - I'll bet there are hundreds more folks who can find it's this way too. Sweet gets a 5/5 from me and Shade gets 2/5. :encouragement:

All the best my friend!

pj