PDA

View Full Version : Delete the folders in Shaders10 folder?

B777ER
April 16th, 2014, 09:57
Paul-

I have question into Steve on how to get the update link for version 2.1 as I went to the Flight Sim Store and see nowhere under my account to get the updated version. When I get that figured out I have a question. I am going to uninstall the Scenery Fixer. I did not see any handy step by step guide for updating that you put out, do you have one from back when you were at Avsim? Your guides are so much easier to follow and almost idiot proof which is great for people like me.

Second part of this, I, on occasion would delete folders within the Shaders folder located at user/appdata/local/microsoft/fsx as it would fix some anomilies I would pick up over the course of using FSX. Now I see the Shaders10 folder that resides in the same spot has a subfolder titles SahdersHLSL and within that 3 more subfolders. Is it ok to delete those 3 subfolders like I used to do with the other one when using dx9 or is there files in there that are changed with the fixer program?

Thanks

Paul J
April 16th, 2014, 10:56
Paul-

I have question into Steve on how to get the update link for version 2.1 as I went to the Flight Sim Store and see nowhere under my account to get the updated version. When I get that figured out I have a question. I am going to uninstall the Scenery Fixer. I did not see any handy step by step guide for updating that you put out, do you have one from back when you were at Avsim? Your guides are so much easier to follow and almost idiot proof which is great for people like me.

Second part of this, I, on occasion would delete folders within the Shaders folder located at user/appdata/local/microsoft/fsx as it would fix some anomilies I would pick up over the course of using FSX. Now I see the Shaders10 folder that resides in the same spot has a subfolder titles SahdersHLSL and within that 3 more subfolders. Is it ok to delete those 3 subfolders like I used to do with the other one when using dx9 or is there files in there that are changed with the fixer program?

Thanks

Hi Eric;

Changing anything in the Controller will rebuild the Shaders10, so you don't really need to do anything.

The Guide has been updated - bottom paragraph of page 24, with some editing of Steve's install instructions following on page 25 - ok!

All the Best,

pj