PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat - In case you haven't...

Nick C
January 21st, 2009, 08:51
In case you haven't seen the RealFlight Hellcat (where have you been recently?), or if you're sat with a cup of coffee and a spare minute, here are a few additional images of the Hellcat which I've taken over the last week.

Great plane Dean, can't wait for the update :ernae:

Please click the following picture to be taken to the gallery.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/realflight/hellcat/rf_hellcat_62.jpg (http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/realflight_hellcat.htm)

Boomer
January 21st, 2009, 09:00
Great shots Nick!

It is an exceptional aircraft, one that I dont get to spend as much time in as I might like.

IanP
January 21st, 2009, 09:03
Excellent shots (as usual!) Nick... It's a really nice aircraft, but has anyone come up with working tailhook co-ordinates to stop it nosing over on carrier landings yet? If so, WHAT ARE THEY!?!?! ;)

Boomer
January 21st, 2009, 09:29
Sorry mate,

On a moving CV I dont get the nose over. When I catch the wire she pulls level then sits back down.
I do hit the deck right at stall speed though.

Nick C
January 21st, 2009, 09:35
Sorry mate,

On a moving CV I dont get the nose over. When I catch the wire she pulls level then sits back down.
I do hit the deck right at stall speed though.

Maybe you have a heavier "rear" than Ian Bob? :engel016:

Boomer
January 21st, 2009, 09:41
Thats awfully personal of you old sport... Sure I could stand to lose 10lbs but you dont have to tell the whole world :costumes:

Roger
January 21st, 2009, 09:43
Ha ha...

Roger
January 21st, 2009, 09:44
Are there any updates available yet?

Helldiver
January 21st, 2009, 10:21
This is a beautifully done aircraft. It doesn't have a Koffmann starter that cost a bunch of swabbies their fingers plus the paint is awfully dull. When the U.S. Navy went to glossy paint they increased the top speed by 15 MPH.

Nick C
January 21st, 2009, 10:39
When the U.S. Navy went to glossy paint they increased the top speed by 15 MPH.

If I thought it would do the same, I'd wash my car!

harleyman
January 21st, 2009, 10:48
NICE.............:applause:

GT182
January 21st, 2009, 12:07
Sweet! The video was cool too.... combat. :applause: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 21st, 2009, 12:20
The Update will be ready this week , just waiting on a couple of new skins but the suggestions in these and other forums are done and those items that needed a fix are fixed , in addition stuff like engine management is also in there in the form of the optional DOA.dll, with that active close attention needs to be paid to the gauges or as the name suggests ...

I have had a good time working on this last bit as i find there is far more to do that just hit the throttles and in a fighter with one engine to rely on the penalty for mistakes was rather comprehensive and the margin for error slim. all together one fine aircraft and we are proud of her .

Next ...

empeck
January 21st, 2009, 12:51
Do you have a plan to fix the propeller hub?

This plane looks stunning, but static hub with blurred propeller disc looks out of place.

Mathias
January 21st, 2009, 12:56
She's a real beauty.:applause:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 21st, 2009, 15:01
Do you have a plan to fix the propeller hub?

This plane looks stunning, but static hub with blurred propeller disc looks out of place.
It only looks like that in a screen capture , when rotating in sim its the Flight Sim Standard rendering of them , there are other ways , i made use of solid prop blades in the slow rotation with the SR22G2/3 and changed the XML to go with it , in this case the cfg was used to do the same thing with fewer polygons and using only the still visibility prop , there are a number of choices to make with any job and that was one , i made the props "full" only once and found that the animations did not render with the same smoothness on all machines , powerful computers they were passable but on modest machines the really looked choppy , too many polygons being repositioned x times per second were dragging down framerates ,but get yourself a copy and you will see for yourself.

SolarEagle
January 21st, 2009, 16:17
Awesome images as always.

Dexdoggy
January 21st, 2009, 16:41
A fantastic shot of what looks to be an awesome plane!

fliger747
January 21st, 2009, 16:53
With enough wind over the deck (about 35 knots) and an appropriate approach (< 75 knots) speed the forward pitching moment is minimal. However I believe the Acceleration arresting effect is setup for nose draggers, hence the serious forward pitching moment.

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2009, 17:44
Well you convinced me to purchase it

Only problem...it states there isn't a working FSX directory and that I should try re-installing FSX!!!!!!!!!!:angryfir:

This really pisses me off because I deff am not going to re-install FSX, but I really want to use the F6F, ontop of that I just dropped 34.00 bucks and have nothing to show

Anyone have the same problem?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 21st, 2009, 18:05
That's something new , i asked the producer of the installer what might cause this and await an answer but as its getting late i would suggest that you also post that in the RealFlight Forums so dean can see it when he gets going in the UK , where morning comes shortly. http://www.realflight.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=7c7062fdfd3421b39fffcaa405a237e8

Sorry to hear that you had a problem , but some info would come in handy, is FSX installed in two directories or in some unconventional manner ?
Machine specs , and whatever you think might help sort this out .
Thanks C.Jodry for Realflight U.K

Barvan40
January 21st, 2009, 18:05
Look here for a utility that may fix this:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

The FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool has worked for me.

Use at your own risk, backup your registry first!!!

Barry

MenendezDiego
January 21st, 2009, 18:11
Look here for a utility that may fix this:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

The FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool has worked for me.

Use at your own risk, backup your registry first!!!

Barry

HOT DAMN! You are the MAN!

Thank you so much, worked perfectly!

IanP
January 22nd, 2009, 08:27
With enough wind over the deck (about 35 knots) and an appropriate approach (< 75 knots) speed the forward pitching moment is minimal. However I believe the Acceleration arresting effect is setup for nose draggers, hence the serious forward pitching moment.

I think you're right... MS have fudged the trap effect to throw the Hornet foward onto its nose gear, which is why the Hornet is so unstable after a trap (mine wobble, a lot of people complain it rolls over onto one side) and why this pitches forward to violently.

I just tipped it clean over through the deck, a landing on a moving carrier (not into wind, admittedly, winds were calm) at a little under 70Kts on the clock.

The fix, I'm sure, is another fudge, which won't work with real weather as the Accel carriers (or those like the Ark Royal, which steam in circles) very rarely fly directly into wind, so you have to clear real weather just before starting your approach and fix the wind to carrier heading.

Ian P.

fliger747
January 22nd, 2009, 10:30
With the Big E (WWII version) I'll go to advanced weather and set the wind (without shear and turb) to the approximate heading of the carrier. However it appears that you may have to allow (for some reason) for magnetic declination though both directions (heading of the ship and wind readout) are alleged to both be magnetic.

The Big E can be tweaked up to 30 knots or so, which is (barely) enough wind over the deck in calm conditions, and 15-20 knots of FS generated wind at a cruise speed of 15-20 knots will give a pretty adequate 35 knots over the deck.

T.