PDA

View Full Version : Floating Lights

brunoviinci
April 13th, 2014, 15:20

As showed on the image, lights of airport and road vehicles (and the landing lights of all ai aircrafts, as well) are floating several feet above their correct position.
Any explanation? Is it a DX10 problem?
Thanks for the help

Bruno

Paul J
April 13th, 2014, 16:07
Hi Bruno: Welcome!

What airport is this, and have you tried any fixes using the DX10 Controller? If so - what?

Thanks,

pj

brunoviinci
April 13th, 2014, 19:00
Hi Bruno: Welcome!

What airport is this, and have you tried any fixes using the DX10 Controller? If so - what?

Thanks,

pj

- Airport is Aerosoft Anchorage but this happens with other ones
- Scenery is ORBX SAK + UT Alaska but this happens in many other locations
- Does not affect runway and taxiway lights or vasi and papi, but does the same with AI aircrafts
- I have played a lot with the DX10 Controller, turning off the bloom, enabling and disabling lights effects, and more: to no avail

Thanks Paul for taking a look at this strange phenomenon.

Bruno

Paul J
April 14th, 2014, 06:25
Hi Bruno:

- Airport is Aerosoft Anchorage but this happens with other ones
- Scenery is ORBX SAK + UT Alaska but this happens in many other locations
- Does not affect runway and taxiway lights or vasi and papi, but does the same with AI aircrafts

I would be inclined to disable F1's UT Alaska as a first step, as it's a product which offers the same I don't see it mentioned over at the Orbx Compatability forum, but that doesn't mean it's compatable. I did see this mentioned, though. Does it do this in DX9 too?

From Holger, re UT_USA and Orbx PNW:-

"Keep the FTX PNW scenery library menu entries above the UTX entries and the FTX Central application that ships with FTX PNW will allow you to do that automatically."

.... so i would expect a similar solution, or a removal of the UT product. They both do the same thing. I suggest asking over at the Orbx forums, though I didn't have much luck.

I hope this works!

pj

brunoviinci
April 14th, 2014, 10:03
I believe I have found the culprit.
It is not UTAlaska, which by the way is quite useful as ORBX for the time being only covers Southern Alaska.
It seems the problem lays with the Aerosoft airports which have not been conceived for DX10 at night.
I still cannot find why the vehicle lights are floating so oddly and thus will only fly this part of AK during daylight.

Thanks you so much, Paul, for you kind assistance.
Bruno

Paul J
April 14th, 2014, 12:01
Glad it's fixed, Bruno - well done! :encouragement: