PDA

View Full Version : 'Lewis Hamilton Under Investigation For His Money'...

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 17:18
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/grenada-probes-hamilton-investment-deal/

EasyEd
October 5th, 2008, 17:45
Hey All,

F1 - Jeez - what can you say... I'll stick with NASCAR as I'm just not into the kind of stuff that goes on in F1.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 19:31
Hey All,

F1 - Jeez - what can you say... I'll stick with NASCAR as I'm just not into the kind of stuff that goes on in F1.

-Ed-

And that's why, there are a multitude/variety of motorsports - for all different type of fans :mixedsmi:

EasyEd
October 5th, 2008, 21:37
Hey All,

Panther you got that right! I'm just not a fan of racing where drivers pull over to let teammates win, commit "espionage", need courts deciding who wins, hold interesting "parties" and have drivers under investigation on real estate deals with other countries. Is there some reason why they can't just race? Is this supposed to bring in fans?

-Ed-

wombat666
October 5th, 2008, 23:54
The Associated Press reports that the deed to Hamilton's property includes $15 million in lands "free from encumbrances", in exchange for Grenada being able to use the Briton's image to promote the island nation.

Now there is the core of the problem!
It really has nothing and everything to do with EffWun.
Nothing to do with the 'racing'.
Everything to do with projecting a shabby image of a talented driver who doesn't need any further questionable publicity.

Ed, I've just returned from a weekend at the Australian MotoGP, perfect weather, best racing in any form, really nice people at all levels and an organisation that makes an enormous effort to look after the enthusiasts who support them.
I might be a sick as a dog today (Monday) but it was worth it!
:d
Motorsport as it used to be on four wheels and should be at all levels today.

Panther_99FS
October 6th, 2008, 04:32
Hey All,

Is this supposed to bring in fans?

-Ed-

F1 enjoys a far larger audience on a global scale than NASCAR....and l'll leave it at that....:kilroy:

flyinjake
October 6th, 2008, 05:29
Rick Hendrick and his legal problems a few years ago.

Bodine Family.

Evernham and Mayfield dragging each others name through the mud.

Numerous teams folding due to lack of funding. Doesnt F1 spread some money around to those teams less fotunate?

NASCAR with a couple of current legal actions due to the good ole boy syndrome. Wait and see what the final verdict is on that?

Couple of inspectors exposing themselves to a fellow female employee. Whatever become of that one?

I'll stick to online racing....and I'll leave it at that....:kilroy:

wombat666
October 6th, 2008, 07:03
F1 enjoys a far larger audience on a global scale than NASCAR....and l'll leave it at that....:kilroy:

No argument there P, but they also garner much more 'publicity', positive and negative.
Not very strong on the positive and very big on the negative.
While I'm not a #1 Hamilton fan I really feel this sort of allegation is unfair, it smells of 'Granadion Political Fesces'.

flyinjake, yes, EffWun is supposed to spread the wealth among the smaller teams, unfortunately the 'Majors' get the bulk of it, as it's based on 'them that scores the most points over the season gets the big bucks'.
:banghead: