PDA

View Full Version : Cloud shadows?

big-mike
April 10th, 2014, 07:21
Paul,will we see cloud shadows some day?
Do you know,if Steve is working on this?
Mike

Paul J
April 10th, 2014, 07:42
Nope. I reckon only a re-write of the nature of P3D will this happen, Mike. If it were possible, either GEX, FEX, Orbx, Flight1, ActiveSky, REX - or some other such skilled scenery-producing developer - would have already done it! I've read of the issues, but years ago, and don't remember the problems encountered. I suspect this is base code. If you really need to know - I would ask Nick (the author) over at SimForums.com (http://www.simforums.com/forums/ground-environment-x-series_forum38.html)

big-mike
April 10th, 2014, 07:47
Thank you,Paul.
Mike

maxam
April 10th, 2014, 20:04
Mike,

I think it is only possible due to DX11 architecture. LM's P3D 2.2 update has just been released with cloud shadows, due to the way the code has been written P3D is less dependant on CPU cycles and opens the GPU up to increased shadow re-draws which make it possible only in P3D at the moment. You just never know what one of the fine devs will come up with. ASN has made a Wx radar that can be superimposed on an aircraft's nav display and PMDG has added it to the upcoming SP. Fingers crossed.

big-mike
April 11th, 2014, 07:14
Yupp---i`ve read that P3DV2 has this cloud shadow feature,but this is really nothing what i must Have---it`s probably nice,that`s it.
As far as i find that P3d is a solid and stable plattform for me,i will head over for sure.
Mike