PDA

View Full Version : The Old Gun _Run_On

Sarg Willy
April 6th, 2014, 20:59
Any body got an issue with it on E-ai Q-Combat - ? I may have a fix that help,s , fingers crossed ,

Allen
April 6th, 2014, 21:17

?????????????

bearcat241
April 7th, 2014, 01:04
Yeah...take all gun damage out of your dp's. This effect was a really silly notion from the designers. I guess they were trying to give us some sort of visual confirmation whenever our wingies reported gun damage, but it sure is a damn bit annoying.

kelticheart
April 7th, 2014, 02:44

?????????????

Me too....... :topsy_turvy: :stupid:

May I know what are we talking about here? :adoration:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

bearcat241
April 7th, 2014, 15:11
LOL...Sarg sometimes writes in encryption, so you need your Enigma machine handy when reading him.:biggrin-new: He's referring to an old problem with gun damage suffered by AI in combat. Seems to happen more often in QC than regular missions. A damaged wingman's guns will just continue firing endlessly. Gets kinda scary sometimes when you call a rejoin after a furball and the wingman comes up on your wing or your six with guns blazing. I don't remember ever being hit by this kind of friendly fire, but when i get one like this rejoining from my six, i always circle back on him and join his wing instead. Just trying to stay out of his line of fire in case his damaged guns are shooting actual rounds and not just smoking.

This sometimes happens to my own guns after a heated engagement where i take hits in a wing box containing guns. I've never seen any rounds flying from the guns after the damage, but i get the continuous gun flashes with smoke.

Sarg Willy
April 7th, 2014, 21:16
Test was E-Ai P51D attacking Bf110c ,, No damage on p-51d --
First pass gun,s normal , second pass Starboard Guns lit up ,

Hi ya BC , I tryed removing [Systems] [Boxmaps] "system name" and only leaving the
gunstation,s ,, didn,t work ,, So I gutted mzflh_s.fx took out brass casing drops ,
and Nibbio,s gun smoke trailer ,, leaving only the muzzel flash ,, The sound was already muted for Ai,s gun,s so the chatter was no bother ,,
And your correct they don,t emit tracer fire , all this helped but not a fix ,
How could it still react the same with all the above removed ,??

why only some planes and not others ,

Here is what works on my test cases ,

First port = left -- neg flash point ---- convergence + plus
Starboard = right ---- Pos flash point--- convergence - neg

Gun Run On -- is M$s way of telling us you pouched the Dp dumby ,
They must have fired the guy that made the cartoon placard,s ,,

You know those truckers are supposed to do a circle check
bat the tires and check the lights ,

M$s does the same on Ai,s dp,s --
Start at the gunstation flash point ----Neg flash point
so the sim knows this is port side ,,
go back to the gun TAg number ----- 4
track the 4 back to a boxmap --- hopefully found in port wing
back to [Systems] then an equivelant port side structure "system name"

If these are all correct , there is no problem !!

But what do we do RDF Roll Damage Fix ---
Replace some port and starboard wing numbers -1 -2 -3 -4
I don,t think the app was designed to alter Gunstation ,,
gun Tag number ,, which was a 4 ,, open circuit --
The game cann,t run the 4 back to port wing --- because it,s -4
or some other - negative no,

Or your dislexic like me and confuse left to right
port mac gun on a starboard wing ,, == G-Run-on,,

Not to mention the cut and paste a gunstation from a
different airplane ,, Without a circle Check ---

I didn,t realize a sim this old was this complex ,

The nose gun,s are a different set up again , on dp
structure in some cases using o.o on both gun flash points
and 0.0 convergence on gunstation ,,
but showing left and right flash point in guns,

So what are the unknowns, distance apart left to right
to qualify for port starboard

Or does the sim ignor the gun,s left and right flash ,

If any one has a problem with Nose gun run on
zero 109 p35 post the Dp here ,,

bearcat241
April 8th, 2014, 00:23
A complicated solution Sarg. I just change the damage effects or take out the effects while retaining the system part itself. You don't have to delete the "guns" system parts. Just make them impervious to any damage. Or make them harder to damage by increasing the lifepoints for the part to someting unrealistically higher. Or if you decide to change the effects, you could use this approach:

From this:

[EFFECTS.22]
; System = Cannon
effect.0=95,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=100,BREAK,, (You can also take out the BREAK effect completely here and leave that spot empty so nothing happens at 100% damage)

To this:

[EFFECTS.22]
; System = Cannon
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
effect.1=60,LIBRARY,fx_intsmoke,
effect.2=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_s,
effect.3=100,DAMAGE,,

My guess is that its the "BREAK" effect at 100% damage that triggers this event in aircraft with incorrect [GUNSTATIONS] data as you pointed out. So the question is, does one delve into the problem by applying your complex "search and destroy" fix to get to the heart of the matter, or will my simple 7 second effects mods do the trick? If the guns are already functioning in a visually correct manner before taking damage, then technically they aren't as fracked up as you say MS dp code might suggest. So why bother with the hassle of correcting all the "lefts and rights" and digging through system parts and boxmaps? I mean, if you have that kind of time and patience, go for it! But me, i'm a little too short on time for this kind of glitch. I'll just cover it up with my "duct tape" approach and get back to the fights.:encouragement:

kelticheart
April 8th, 2014, 00:56
LOL...Sarg sometimes writes in encryption, so you need your Enigma machine handy when reading him.:biggrin-new: He's referring to an old problem with gun damage suffered by AI in combat. Seems to happen more often in QC than regular missions. A damaged wingman's guns will just continue firing endlessly. Gets kinda scary sometimes when you call a rejoin after a furball and the wingman comes up on your wing or your six with guns blazing. I don't remember ever being hit by this kind of friendly fire, but when i get one like this rejoining from my six, i always circle back on him and join his wing instead. Just trying to stay out of his line of fire in case his damaged guns are shooting actual rounds and not just smoking.

This sometimes happens to my own guns after a heated engagement where i take hits in a wing box containing guns. I've never seen any rounds flying from the guns after the damage, but i get the continuous gun flashes with smoke.

Thanks, BC and Sarg!

Another piece of info to save, print out and insert into my ever increasing "User's Manual for CFS2 hidden secrets". Incredibly enough, I never witnessed this phenomena before reading about it in this thread.

Now I know what it is and what to look for, in case it happens to me too. :wavey:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004: