PDA

View Full Version : Maddog VC issues with DX10 Fixer

RudiJG1
April 5th, 2014, 13:40
Hi Paul - I know you're a fan of the Leonardo Maddog and that you have it running just fine under DX10. Recently, I've had to reinstall it but now can't get past the white VC issue when running DX10. I tried tagging the model using Steve's DX Toolbox but to no avail...I still get a VC that's all white. I also have the Legacy Shader slider all the way to the right at Aircraft. This is the only aircraft I'm having an issue with under DX10.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Wayne

Paul J
April 5th, 2014, 15:26
Hi Paul - I know you're a fan of the Leonardo Maddog and that you have it running just fine under DX10. Recently, I've had to reinstall it but now can't get past the white VC issue when running DX10. I tried tagging the model using Steve's DX Toolbox but to no avail...I still get a VC that's all white. I also have the Legacy Shader slider all the way to the right at Aircraft. This is the only aircraft I'm having an issue with under DX10.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Wayne

Hi Wayne: Which version of the 'Dog do you have, and does it work fine in DX9? My TQ is down at the moment, so I haven't flown her in a while, but I don't need that to verify a VC!

I have to load the latest version (2.2 build 44) and then reconfig it all. Gimme 20 minutes or so..

pj

Paul J
April 5th, 2014, 17:07
Hi Wayne: Which version of the 'Dog do you have, and does it work fine in DX9? My TQ is down at the moment, so I haven't flown her in a while, but I don't need that to verify a VC!

I have to load the latest version (2.2 build 44) and then reconfig it all. Gimme 20 minutes or so..

pj

Here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkzyv46kwgsuir9/jd_ltbvr_Z) ya go, Wayne. The first half is with the Legacy slider centered, and contrast set at 20% increase, which makes the instrument panel too dark, so I backed it back to zero and moved the Legacy slider one notch to the right, but that made no difference. All of the lights work properly. The 'Dog was a real pain in the early days of DX10, but since the Fixer - it's been no problem at all. I fully expect to have issues of some kind with a port-over, but there's none that I've found - other than an overly-dark overhead panel, and I could fix this too if I wasn't so lazy...

Is the external view ok? Is the 2D cockpit ok?

Just in case we need to Teamviewer - where abouts in the world are you?

Talk to you later - bedtime here..

pj

RudiJG1
April 5th, 2014, 17:38
Thanks, Paul, and I have the Fly The Maddog Professional SP2, V3.3.

I'll have a go once again with the tips you've provided and post the results here. Thanks again for spending time on this. I'm just outside of Boston, MA, BTW.

UPDATE: All squared away now, Paul, and thanks! Turns out that a livery I was wanting to use was missing some key VC textures....so it goes!

cheers,
Wayne

Paul J
April 6th, 2014, 06:12
Thanks, Paul, and I have the Fly The Maddog Professional SP2, V3.3.

I'll have a go once again with the tips you've provided and post the results here. Thanks again for spending time on this. I'm just outside of Boston, MA, BTW.

UPDATE: All squared away now, Paul, and thanks! Turns out that a livery I was wanting to use was missing some key VC textures....so it goes!

cheers,
Wayne

Well, heck - that's great. :encouragement: There are a number of fixes for the bird in the pinned post at the top of the forum - just look for "Maddog".

All the best,

pj