PDA

View Full Version : Another water question

big-mike
April 4th, 2014, 10:23
I have REX4 installed with water,clouds and sky textures.
There was no backup made and now i have installed AS2012 with only water textures ticked and Paul`s recommended Frequenzy animation.
Previously i couldnīt remove the choosen textures from REX4,so the water textures from AS2012 are lying over them.
In Steve`s Fixer the water shader is unticked----is this correct?
My question now is---is this correct what i`ve done or should i perhaps delete the Shaders HSLS in FSX and replace them with a fresh set and afterwards install REX4 and AS2012 textures?
Mike

Paul J
April 4th, 2014, 12:48
[quote]I have REX4 installed with water,clouds and sky textures.
There was no backup made and now i have installed AS2012 with only water textures ticked and Paul`s recommended Frequenzy animation.
Previously i couldnīt remove the choosen textures from REX4,so the water textures from AS2012 are lying over them.

In Steve`s Fixer the water shader is unticked----is this correct?

My question now is---is this correct what i`ve done or should i perhaps delete the Shaders HSLS in FSX and replace them with a fresh set and afterwards install REX4 and AS2012 textures?
Mike

WIN7 Ult.64bit,FSX+ACC,i7 975oc 3,8GHz,3x2GB DDR3-1600RAM Mushkin RedLine(6-7-6-18),3x300GB VC-Raptor,Asus P6T Deluxe V2,Gainward GTX580 Phantom ,Tagan PipeRock 800W.,Watercooled-CPU,2x27"Asus Vn279QLB[quote]

Hey, Mike:
No big deal: The "correct" way would have been to restore the "Initial backup" from REX, then reconfigure REX to use the sky textures, close it, the run AS and configure it to just load the water textures.

"water textures from AS2012 are lying over them." Correct - you will be seeing AS water textures, as both REX and AS simply replace the default FSX textures with their own.

The DX10 Fixer Water Shader screen allows you to change the way/amount of reflection from the sun & moon and a couple of other reflections plus a filter to control star reflections and gives you the ability to disable the distant land reflections. These usaually are the sources of considerable annoyance because the shimmer and shake around so much, so - yes - I always tick it - ok! :encouragement:

All the best,

pj

big-mike
April 4th, 2014, 13:38
Thank you very much for the explantation,Paul.
Will try that tomorrow,it`s late here.
Mike