April 3rd, 2014, 17:56
Another $8 weekend deal at Just Flight for anyone interested:
http://www.justflight.com/product/viscount-legends-of-flight-download

Navy Chief
April 4th, 2014, 02:19
Thanks! Got it! NC

KevinJH
April 4th, 2014, 09:10
I've heard there may be a couple of bugs with the Viscount - specifically with ground handling and landing - were these ever sorted out ?

Dave Torkington
April 4th, 2014, 11:10
I've heard there may be a couple of bugs with the Viscount - specifically with ground handling and landing - were these ever sorted out ?

Could you be a bit more specifically specific about the bugs please Kevin? She handles beautifully for me with my setup both taxiing and landing - crabs nicely into a crosswind and the RR Dart Turboprop sounds are top notch...

It's the bloke behind the yoke that's the only bug here so far :banghead:

Dave

KevinJH
April 5th, 2014, 05:35
Hi Dave - your reply has probably answered my initial query; I'd read some time back that there was a hiccup with the landing phase i.e. heavy crabbing and that ground handling too was a bit iffy. I've since got off my butt and had a look-see at the JF site and noticed that a SP was posted that resolved the issue(s). Guess I'm off to get me a Viscount now and relive some childhood memories - Southend Airport, Channel Airways and their cheap-skate colour scheme. Happy days ;-)

Dave Torkington
April 5th, 2014, 06:17
Hi Dave - your reply has probably answered my initial query; I'd read some time back that there was a hiccup with the landing phase i.e. heavy crabbing and that ground handling too was a bit iffy. I've since got off my butt and had a look-see at the JF site and noticed that a SP was posted that resolved the issue(s). Guess I'm off to get me a Viscount now and relive some childhood memories - Southend Airport, Channel Airways and their cheap-skate colour scheme. Happy days ;-)

Glad you spotted the fix at JF Kevin! Easily the best £3.70 I've ever spent on an FSX addon. I've got a few great memories too - watching Cambrian and B.M.A. Viscounts off the viewing piers at EGCC in the early 70's...

DarrenL
April 5th, 2014, 07:48
Got it Friday but not had any time to try it out, is it already up to date with service packs or do they need adding?

Dave Torkington
April 5th, 2014, 11:24
A quick look at the JF Viscount forum tells the FDE story as Kevin mentioned above. Just Flight released a 'ground handling' update and a service pack already to fix her.

I'm not experiencing any problems here but I guess it wouldn't hurt to install the updates if it takes your fancy...

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/viscount-legends-of-flight

dougal
April 5th, 2014, 16:54
Another $8 weekend deal at Just Flight for anyone interested:
http://www.justflight.com/product/viscount-legends-of-flight-download

Showing up as over £20 from that link. sale finished already? ;-(

KevinJH
April 6th, 2014, 00:40
Looks like it Dougal. I went back to get it and it'd reverted to usual price. I think it's called a 'blink and you miss it' sale..... :banghead: