PDA

View Full Version : Weapons selection not displaying

Fibber
April 2nd, 2014, 11:48
Recently, my weapons selection won't show while in-flight and this happens across all theaters. Where-oh-where is that ability reflected to be activated.:dizzy: For instance I have various ordinance stocks on board. I want to select a certain ordinance for a specific target. I hit the backspace to cycle but the selection does not show what was selected. So I wind up with a crap shoot as to what I am trying to put on target. Gets fustrating when a rocket goes away when it was a egg I wanted.:banghead:
Any ideas where to look to correct the error?

UncleTgt
April 2nd, 2014, 12:08
Fibber, Check you have "display messages" selected in your options menu list. My installs have a habit of randomly deselecting text &/or target display, not sure what triggers this.:indecisiveness:

Allen
April 2nd, 2014, 13:40
In the setting it is listed as "Toggle tactical display" or stock Shift+D. It is also in the Views drop down as Status Messages.

Fibber
April 2nd, 2014, 17:13
...this is what I found. U. T.: Did what you suggested,( boy did that give my brain some drain. I forgot how to get that title bar up note to self;it is the "Alt" key dummy! ) and went to the "Views" and managed to get the "status messages" activated. That seemed to do it.
Here is the wierd part. I took a plane up for a maintenance check with ord. on all points. Flew around and selected one and it showed. Dropped the ord. and hit the "Backspace" again for another selection and zap!, no message. Checked the "Views" and it reverted to unchecked. Really wierd!
Gremins in my planes!!!!

Sarg Willy
April 2nd, 2014, 18:52
That,s not an aircraft Gremlin , open up CFS2 .cfg and look for Situational_options , / Combat_status_messages=1 ,
if =0 then it will remove them from screen , sometimes these don,t register the changes , and switch = 1 for on screan display .

Allen
April 2nd, 2014, 20:26
Any time CFS2 crashes my Status Messages get turned off. It also turns off my Radio, Radar, Name tags and Target cone.

kelticheart
April 3rd, 2014, 02:35
Any time CFS2 crashes my Status Messages get turned off. It also turns off my Radio, Radar, Name tags and Target cone.

It also happens to me when I switch theatre with Jean "Bomber"'s batch method.

Since I use different theatre-tailored cfs2.cfg each time, I think Sarg Willy put the finger on the right spot. One of those cfs2.cfg must have the Situational_options, / Combat_status_messages= set to 0.

Everytime I cycle through another theatre, when I occasionally bring it up, it affects all the others.

Thanks Sarg!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Fibber
April 3rd, 2014, 04:51
.......GETS THE CIGAR!!!!!!!!!:applause: Found that ALL the "Situational Options" in all my theaters were set to 0. Reset them to 1 and now the messages come through.

Thanks!!!!:wavey: