PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Thread suggestion

Butcherbird17
March 31st, 2014, 05:02
This is just a suggestion. If one of the mods or Paul J could start a FAQ thread and put all the relevant links
(freeware stuff, product page, Steve's blog and all of Paul's guides) into it and then lock and sticky it to the
top of this forum. This way any new member or older member has a starting point, and doesn't have to go
looking for a post by Paul to find the links in his SIG. Being that this forum is getting a lot of activity now,
(The Darker side of the Dark side. The Force is strong in here :encouragement:) I only see it as a good thing and helpful.

Joe

Paul J
March 31st, 2014, 06:37
This is just a suggestion. If one of the mods or Paul J could start a FAQ thread and put all the relevant links
(freeware stuff, product page, Steve's blog and all of Paul's guides) into it and then lock and sticky it to the
top of this forum. This way any new member or older member has a starting point, and doesn't have to go
looking for a post by Paul to find the links in his SIG. Being that this forum is getting a lot of activity now,
(The Darker side of the Dark side. The Force is strong in here :encouragement:) I only see it as a good thing and helpful.

Joe

Thanks Joe - you're right :encouragement: - I have to do that yet, so look for a sticky sometime later today (or at least in the next day or so). It'll contain my sig links, plus I'll add a few more - and am open to suggestions for sites or info that others have found useful.

All the Best,

pj

jetblst
April 11th, 2014, 12:11
Thanks Joe - you're right :encouragement: - I have to do that yet, so look for a sticky sometime later today (or at least in the next day or so). It'll contain my sig links, plus I'll add a few more - and am open to suggestions for sites or info that others have found useful.

All the Best,

pj

Hi Paul.

I find myself wanting to be able to go back to DX9 for a couple of models I fly which are more FS9 in nature and have some funky effects happening in DX10.

SO.

How about a 1 - (However many) steps, or step by step reversion back to DX9.

As there are many ways to accomplish this, it would be handy to be able to go back and fourth with ease. I read people's advice, and that is great, however I think it would be great to have that guide somewhere (here) for people to use.

If already done, please let me know where I can get it!

Roger
April 11th, 2014, 13:49
It's actually pretty easy. You need to have made a backup of your Nvidia Inspector FsX Dx9 file (they can be exported from NI as .nip files) and of course make a similar backup of your present Dx10 NI profile. I rename these .nip files as FsXDx9.nip and FsXDx10.nip. Steve's fixer has a button to revert to Dx9, so after importing your Dx9 nip file and then using Steve's fixer to revert to a Dx9 FsX.cfg you're back in Dx9 land.

Paul J
April 11th, 2014, 14:26
Hi Paul.
How about a 1 - (However many) steps, or step by step reversion back to DX9.

As there are many ways to accomplish this, it would be handy to be able to go back and fourth with ease. I read people's advice, and that is great, however I think it would be great to have that guide somewhere (here) for people to use.

Hi Jet: :wavey: You have already recognised the problem (highlighted), and that's going to be different for everyone, as everyone has their own individual preferences - and levels of expertise - and complexity of build - when building and using a flight simulator pc. My own, for e.g. is eighteen months old, and is nothing like my (backed-up) DX9 version.

Naah... If you think I can come up with a solution that's "handy to be able to go back and fourth with ease" you are dreaming, my friend!
(Of course - as you had thought about this - then you are the obvious person to have a go at it! :ernaehrung004: )

I reckon you should get an "A" for effort and originality! :encouragement:

pj

jetblst
April 11th, 2014, 16:48
HAHA!!!

Ah jeeze, you had to go and challenge me now didnt you! Why I laugh is that I had thought of it before asking as you figured. I thought I'd ask to see if you were indeed working on that or if it was in the works!

I think Roger has an EXCELLENT place to start!

THAT SAID!

Stay tuned. My genesis for even THINKING about going back to DX9, was because of one airplane (Eaglesoft Hawker 400XP) [not DX10 Certified). Now Steve himself is dealing with my 3d cockpit issue over at that other website and we'll see what the expert comes up with. Would it not be TOTALLY cool if he comes up with a Fix within Fixer where I do not NEED to even go back to DX9 at all!

So far he had me turn off Fixer all together. Then use Fixer without libraries. Then use Fixer without the General Library, then without the Legacy Library. We ALMOST got there by not using the General Library. So we shall see!