PDA

View Full Version : ATI 7850 + SweetFX + RadioPro 1.4 = Vsync in DX10?

gliderman
March 31st, 2014, 02:24
First post here, so respects and hello to all SOH members.

I am currently greatly enjoying FSX in DX10 with Steve's DX10Fixer and SweetFX, but one thing is amiss, and that's Vsync of course.

I tried RadionPro a little while ago, as some forum posts suggested that I could force Vsyn through RadeoPro. However this didn't seem to stop tearing and actually resulted in a FSX crash, whereby the 3d rendering would just suddenly stop.

I just read that SweetFX 1.5 is the culprit, but that SweetFX 1.4 will work with RadeoPro.

Could anyone please comment on this, are you running SweetFX and getting Vsync success in full screen with RadeonPro?

I popped one of me screenies below, just loving DX10.

Many thanks,

Phil
Cornwall, UK

Roger
March 31st, 2014, 03:05
Lovely shot! Rick's Slingsby?

Welcome to SOH!

Paul J
March 31st, 2014, 06:31

I tried RadionPro a little while ago, as some forum posts suggested that I could force Vsyn through RadeoPro. However this didn't seem to stop tearing and actually resulted in a FSX crash, whereby the 3d rendering would just suddenly stop.

I just read that SweetFX 1.5 is the culprit, but that SweetFX 1.4 will work with RadeoPro.

Phil
Cornwall
Echoing Roger - "Welcome to the DX10 forum!"

What a great pic - but how did you get a 2-33 that high, Phil? :biggrin-new: Seriously - a nice shot.

Vsync. Take a read of the How-To guide again - it has a larger section devoted to the ATI gpu, and also a stronger section about vsync and multi-monitors. The one thing that we need for a decent "guesstimate" of your issue too, is a a copy of your fsx.cfg (preferably attached as a txt file here - and I don't know how to do that just yet), and some info on your system - proc, overclock, ram, gpu, cooling - that sort of thing.

Can you also point me to where you got the SweetFX messing up vsync info from? I've never heard or seen any issue relating to sweet causing this: it has no connection with the gpu in any controlling context other than light and color levels, all of which are post-processing mods.

Regards,

pj

jetblst
March 31st, 2014, 17:06

I am currently greatly enjoying FSX in DX10 with Steve's DX10Fixer and SweetFX, but one thing is amiss, and that's Vsync of course.

Could anyone please comment on this, are you running SweetFX and getting Vsync success in full screen with RadeonPro?

Many thanks,

Phil
Cornwall, UK

Wow that is a nice shot! Now I have to go make some! LOL

gliderman
March 31st, 2014, 23:29
Roger

Yes, that's Rick's Slingsby T-21b and what a great job he made of it, a very realistic flight model.

Paul, the T-21 was UK's dearly beloved equivalent of the Schweizer 2-33, only with not quite such good performance :-) as the 2-33.

On reflection my problem was not SweetFX related at all, I first tried RadeonPro with ENBseries and that is when I suffered crashes, due to some kind of incompatibility, and also I think because RadeonPro doesn't like running with some third-party frame-rate 'over-lays', which caused the sim. to 'hang'?

I read the ATI section of your DX10 guide, Paul, and downloaded the recommended version of CCC and RadeonPro again, making the settings as recommended in the guide with 4X AA, locked at 31 fps in sim., and oh wow! it works, smooth as silk and I have Vsync now in full screen mode. Very many thanks.

FSX heaven.

Best wishes

Phil

Paul J
April 1st, 2014, 12:34
Roger

Yes, that's Rick's Slingsby T-21b and what a great job he made of it, a very realistic flight model.
Paul, the T-21 was UK's dearly beloved equivalent of the Schweizer 2-33, only with not quite such good performance :-) as the 2-33.

I first tried RadeonPro with ENBseries and that is when I suffered crashes, due to some kind of incompatibility,

I read the ATI section of your DX10 guide, Paul, and downloaded the recommended version of CCC and RadeonPro again, making the settings as recommended in the guide with 4X AA, locked at 31 fps in sim., and oh wow! it works, smooth as silk and I have Vsync now in full screen mode. Very many thanks.
FSX heaven.
Best wishes
Phil

Fantastic! It's magic when it all works and meets your hopes and expectations isn't it!!

Aah yes - T-21.. was never enamoured of flying something heavy without a motor of some kind, though....

ENB Series will most definitely crash FSX when using the DX10 api, Phil. It's too bad, as lots of folks use it, and swear by it. However the Orbx EU-XXX really shines when used with Sweetfx and some level of vibrance added - so lose some - win others.

Anyway - I'm glad it's working for you. :encouragement:

All the best,

pj

gliderman
April 2nd, 2014, 01:18
Paul

Very many thanks. Sorry to relate I had a 'hang' again last night after about an hour's flying on VATSIM. I say hang as that best describes what happens, the simulation just stops, doesn't crash to desktop, but just stops, as if waiting for something that never happens.

This only happens with RadeonPro running. I was using a fresh install of SweetFX 1.4 enabled in RadeonPro, enjoying reasonable frame rates capped at 30 again in RadeonPro, and Vsync was good. There were no other over-lays and no OSD enabled.

I use Peter Dowsons VRAM lua display on a networked laptop and as expected in DX10, there was no shortage of VRAM.

Ho hum, I'll keep on trying, others have success.

Thanks again for listening,

Phil

Paul J
April 2nd, 2014, 06:24
Paul

I had a 'hang' again last night after about an hour's flying on VATSIM. I say hang as that best describes what happens, the simulation just stops, doesn't crash to desktop, but just stops, as if waiting for something that never happens.Phil
Hi Phil - that sounds like the UIAutoMationCore.dll issue. Do you have that file in the root folder of FSX?

If not - here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52676345/UIAutomationCore.place_in_fsx_root.dll) it is - just place the zip into the root and unzip it, then rename it to its correct name. It's version is 6.0.5840.16386. Don't register to the registry - ok!

All the best,

pj

gliderman
April 9th, 2014, 03:43
Thank you Paul. I downloaded that, thanks for the link, and put it in the root of FSX.

Here's hoping...

Thanks again, and best wishes on this forum, I'll be sticking around for sure.

Phil

Paul J
April 9th, 2014, 05:49
Here's hoping...

Phil

:encouragement: