PDA

View Full Version : FSX on new computer-adding planes

Fortiesboy
January 21st, 2009, 02:46
Hello
I have just got a new computer and I've loaded FSX. Of course at the moment i have just the default planes.
On my earlier computer i have a number of other planes added to the FSX sim on it
I would like to copy these planes from the FSX installation folders from the earlier computer to my new computer.
In the FSX directory which folders do I copy over so that i have the old planes available to fly on the new computer. E.g. I was thinking of Aircraft/gauges/panels etc

Will that work satisfactorily?

TIA

harleyman
January 21st, 2009, 04:28
I think that it would be just easier to add them like normal into your sim objects folder like normal...

If you do not have the original plane folders,with the readme's ,then you could be leaving behing important gauses ,effects ,and such that the plane might need..With out the original folder you will never know this...

If you have tossed the folder go download it again...

You could copy and paste your old sim oblect folder into your new folder ,and select yes to overwright all,but I think thats the not so good way to do it..... If you have problems you will have no clue as to where or how to fix it...

sberlins
January 28th, 2009, 20:14
You should just be able to copy your SIMOBJECTS and EFFECTS folders to the new installation and then on the next FSX start, you should have everything.