PDA

View Full Version : This looks interesting (at Avsim )

Paul Anderson
March 30th, 2014, 09:12
Category: Flight Simulator X - Gauges
New! TextInfo Gauge 3.0 and XML Tutorial

Images related to this file:

textinfo_gauge_30-1.jpg
textinfo_gauge_30-2.jpg
textinfo_gauge_30-3.jpg

File Description:
Display flight data as screen text. Use mouse clicks to toggle equipment and change settings within the text gauge. Single, small XML file with no framerate impact. Has manual with more than 30 pages of info about text gauges, XML examples, tips, and how to make text gauges clickable. Has full details about the FSX Shift-Z feature, including changing Shift-Z colors.

Filename: textinfo_gauge_30.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 30th March 2014, 14:38:57
Downloads: 27
Author: Rick Federmann
Size: 732kb

(below is the 3rd jpg, does not seem to obscure much)

Milton Shupe
March 30th, 2014, 09:57
That's pretty impressive, especially that Cessna climbing at 2600 fpm on the VSI on AP. :-)

Jafo
March 30th, 2014, 16:37
That's pretty impressive, especially that Cessna climbing at 2600 fpm on the VSI on AP. :-)
Possibly the twin JATOs just didn't map correctly to the model...;)

Milton Shupe
March 30th, 2014, 16:46
Possibly the twin JATOs just didn't map correctly to the model...;)

I suspect just a serious updraft was encountered. :-)

mjahn
April 5th, 2014, 02:32
Love it, a minimal diagnostic window, easily adaptable to aircraft specifics once you have it set up properly. The tutorial is excellent, too.

For the setup below, I killed all section lines (makes determining the mouse areas much easier), used a bold font (eyesight), prefaced clickable items by '+', and added items for a four-engined radial setup. You see the Strat flying on autopilot, turning left to a new Hdg of 100 (from 155), and climbing at 300 fpm for a target altitude of 6000 (currently passing 4621), at a comfortable speed of 215 and RPM's @ 2400.

One slight initial issue is that the window size must be arrived at by trial and error with no clues given for 4:3 displays. I'm sure this can be calculated exactly, but don't have a clue how.

http://home.arcor.de/edug/tgauge.jpg