PDA

View Full Version : Direct X 10 and jagged resolution

airattackimages
March 30th, 2014, 05:02
I tried it out a couple weeks ago and instead of being crystal clear, everything had jagged edges. Am I supposed to search out a new screen resolution, or what do I do about that?

I'm already 1600x1200x32, so I can't go higher...

Paul J
March 30th, 2014, 06:38
I tried it out a couple weeks ago and instead of being crystal clear, everything had jagged edges. Am I supposed to search out a new screen resolution, or what do I do about that?

I'm already 1600x1200x32, so I can't go higher...

Good Morning Nate; We can get you fixed up ok, but first we need to know what you "tried out" - the original free 3.2.2 patch version or the retail SteveFX DX10 Scenery Fixer for the FlightSimStore? Also - did you read the DX10 "How-To" pdf in my sig - the latest version dated yesterday?

Let us know when its convenient:

All the Best,

pj

ncooper
March 30th, 2014, 08:31
Using the Dx10 preview for the first time creates a new entry in the fsx.cfg file which returns all the
Display settings to default and then allows the user to select different settings for Dx9 and Dx10.

My guess would be that you did not reconfigure your settings in the FSX Display settings page.
In particular, antialiasing and anisotropic filtering need to be ticked or the picture will indeed look terrible.

airattackimages
April 25th, 2014, 09:39
Thanks guys, sorry I didn't come back in and recheck my own post. :(

I did have those checked... no clue. Also, the resolution was exactly the same. Should I downgrade from 1600x1200x32 to 1600x1200x16? :( Paul, I didn't try using anything except switching over within FSX so far. Just wanted to take a look at it and see if it was something I wanted to do.

airattackimages
April 25th, 2014, 10:31
Ok I got those fixed... Weird.

Ok, now I just need to get these fixers. :D

Paul J
April 25th, 2014, 13:30
airattackimages;
"Thanks guys, sorry I didn't come back in and recheck my own post. :( " Well - we're glad you did! :encouragement:

"Also, the resolution was exactly the same. Should I downgrade from 1600x1200x32 to 1600x1200x16? :( " Nope - 32-bit is default for every monitor (which we FSX'ers use. Only NASA, the CIA and Bill Gates have higher.)

"Paul, I didn't try using anything except switching over within FSX so far." Aaah! Sooooo... - you should a). take a peep at these (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlrgycn74jdlx6i/Happy%20DX10ers.pdf) Happy DX10'ers comments - just a short list I did when I had nothing to do: b). then take a read of the SteveFX Scenery Fixer Manual here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjx110uy30p6dx3/User%20Manual.pdf) (which will give you a good idea of how far along Steve has gone) - then c). follow that by a browse of the "How-To" guide (in sig).

Be careful... you may get hooked.....

All the Best,

pj