PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP, 7 Offline Updater

alpha_1
March 30th, 2014, 03:56
Hi Guys,

Because I have no choice but to stay with Windows XP, I've done some research as to what I can do to protect myself. The following link comes from an article in my local newspaper and directs you to an offline updater webpage. I didn't check closely, but it also will update Win 7 and windows servers. It's also very free.

If you're going to stick with XP after next week and are worried about reinstalling at a future date, for example, then this might be a God-send for you. I downloaded, installed and ran it last night and I can tell you that it works just fine. I now have all windows XP updates on a flash drive so I can do a proper reinstall if ever needed.

I love my games and CFS2 is my numero uno. They run best on XP so I thought I'd better protect my personal status quo. If nothing else, take a look.....you might find this to be very worthwhile.

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

Cheers;:very_drunk:

kelticheart
March 31st, 2014, 00:42
Hi Guys,

Because I have no choice but to stay with Windows XP, I've done some research as to what I can do to protect myself. The following link comes from an article in my local newspaper and directs you to an offline updater webpage. I didn't check closely, but it also will update Win 7 and windows servers. It's also very free.

If you're going to stick with XP after next week and are worried about reinstalling at a future date, for example, then this might be a God-send for you. I downloaded, installed and ran it last night and I can tell you that it works just fine. I now have all windows XP updates on a flash drive so I can do a proper reinstall if ever needed.

I love my games and CFS2 is my numero uno. They run best on XP so I thought I'd better protect my personal status quo. If nothing else, take a look.....you might find this to be very worthwhile.

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

Cheers;:very_drunk:

Thanks, Alpha_1!

I just downloaded it and I'll try it out! :encouragement:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

alpha_1
March 31st, 2014, 04:41
Good luck with that, Kelti. Let me know what you think of it, please. I'm hopeful it's the real deal.

I may try a dual boot with XP and Win7 at a later date, but downloading files in a 64 bit environment won't help a game on a 32 bit operating system so that idea is kind of self defeating for me.

This program might just be a life saver for some.

Cheers,

Sarg Willy
April 1st, 2014, 16:57
Thank,s Alpha - got saved for future effert