PDA

View Full Version : Me-410 A-1/U2 of 6 /KG51, April 1944

jinx
March 28th, 2014, 06:14
:wavey:

Hello again.

I have started another Me410 skin of the Chris Lambard\Shessi Me 410.

This time I decided to make something unsusual, a night fighter with schwarzgrun unders and a light green fuselage side with fine mottling, a Me410A1/U2 of 6/KG51, coded 9K+GP.

The unit was active for the home defence of the Reich. They shot down some bombers and P-47's etc. Unit history data will be included in the zip when I upload it.

I am attaching an image. So far only the port side of the fuselage has been done. A lot of work remains, but I will get there and you may have it tomorrow.

Great fun doing skins of the Hornisse....

Nick

jinx
March 29th, 2014, 12:51
Hello.

The Me-410 A-1/U2 of 6 /KG51, April 1944, coded 9K+GP in April 1944 is pictured in the attachments.
It shot down 3 Liberators in May '44.

I am doing a repaint of it and have run into a peculiar problem, or rather two:

It has red spinner front, and I was able to paint the red only on part of the static, engines-off spinner.

The 2nd problem is that I cannot paint the blurred prop textures (when the engins are running) as I cannot locate exactly where the paint will go on the texture.
The relevant bmp where the spinner parts is 410bandp.bmp.

My repaint is of the a/c uploaded by Lampard\Shessi for all 3 sims.

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

The a/c will have black unders, for a change, and lots of stenci markings of the correct type.

I attach also the profile on which the repaint is based and 3 images showing the problems.
The third shows the partly painted rear spinner areas--some of the red is missing.In this case (4th image) it is more orange than red, but the problem when it was corrected to red is still there.

The a/c features a knights cross design on the cabin sill, both sides, by force of poetic license.

When uploaded, I will give you an alternative texture without the knights cross, so you choose or even have both.

Nick

Rami
March 30th, 2014, 03:41
Jinx,

This is looking very good! I look forward to flying it! :wavey:

Rami
March 30th, 2014, 03:59
Jinx,

This one looks great as well. Keep up the great work! :wiggle:

jinx
April 1st, 2014, 11:13
Thank you Rami,

I will upload it perhaps tomorrow.

jinx
April 1st, 2014, 11:14
Thanks again Rami.

It is finished now and will be uploaded soon.

Nick

jinx
April 1st, 2014, 13:16
Thank you Rami,

I will upload it perhaps tomorrow.

jinx
April 3rd, 2014, 09:07
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/622613965434375532.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - German

Description: This is a repaint of the Chris Lampard-Shessi Me410 Hornisse.
Credit goes to them for giving us this wonderful aircraft.

The aircraft represents one machine of Me 410A-1/U2 of 6/KG51 operating in April 1944. In the profile I found, it is stated in Russian that it shot down 3 Liberators on the 13th May 1944.

Nick Tselepides
Athens, Greece

April 3, 2014

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Me410A1-U2 repaint.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18314&catid=59)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
April 3rd, 2014, 09:11
Nick,

Very nice work on this...I appreciate the "weathered" look; it appears this aircraft has seen some hard use! :wavey: