PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Storm

rayrey10
January 20th, 2009, 22:03
Anybody have the Blackberry Storm for Verizon? I got it on Friday, because my old cell phone just quit working. Anyways, I got this phone as a Christmas gift to me. Plus, I wanted a new toy.

Well the Storm phone has a touch screen, but unlike the IPhone you actually get a "click" when touch the screen. Pretty cool, right? Well that is also the phones downfall. Apparently the whole screen click feedback thing requires more RAM than the phone has and the software just can't accomplish what it needs to in order to make the clicking thing happen. That makes the phone sluggish at times, unbearable at others. Like yesterday I couldn't get anything accomplished. I had to pull the battery 3 times to get it to work. BTW - everytime you do a battery pull it takes the phone about 3 minutes to restart. :faint:I know 9 minutes is insignificant... until you need to get something important done. Anyways, I went to Verizon last night and I got the phone is fine, it's new technology, wait for the update "next week" routine.

Like I said I've only had this phone since Friday and I think that tomorrow I'm going to go return and get the Blackberry Curve. I need a reliable phone. I don't need a Blackberry but having the internet is handy, especially for work.

If you are thinking about getting this phone, think twice and do your homework.

Ray

Wittpilot
January 21st, 2009, 01:57
A friend of mine got one not to long ago . I only played with it for a matter of a few minutes, but it made me appreciate the iPhone's simpicity ... It does a million things, but it's also very straight forward.... Hope everything works out for you.