PDA

View Full Version : Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon

George Kuhn
March 28th, 2014, 17:02
Hello.

I'm looking for Milton Shupe's Lookheed PV-2 Harpoon. Can anyone tell me where the download file is or maybe someone can provide me the zip link to it?.

The last I remember. Milton's PV-2 Harpoon is for FS9/FSX and it has a prop texture folder in the download for those using FSX.

Thanks for any info.

George

WarHorse47
March 28th, 2014, 17:07
East to find.

Go to the Warbirds library. Do a Search. Enter a search for two words: Harpoon and Shupe. Make sure you select for a search for "all words". Then do the search.

Amongst the various repaints you will find the original WIP. That's the one I used to reinstall to FSX.

Milton Shupe
March 28th, 2014, 17:10
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=249&sort=d

That will get ya there :-)

George Kuhn
March 28th, 2014, 17:50
I did get to where the plane is.

I did download the one called Lockheed PV-2D WIP. I assume this is the correct one?.

I noticed at the bottom of the files, there is a harpoon panel. Should I be adding this panel as well?.

THX

George

Milton Shupe
March 28th, 2014, 17:54
I did get to where the plane is.

I did download the one called Lockheed PV-2D WIP. I assume this is the correct one?.

I noticed at the bottom of the files, there is a harpoon panel. Should I be adding this panel as well?.

THX

George

The original WIP includes a panel (2D and VC). The separate package is a mod by someone else. Download or not as you wish.

EDIT: I would recommend the ATTU Warrior add-on by Nigel Richards, a WIP as well.

George Kuhn
March 28th, 2014, 18:15
I did download the ATTU Warrior WIP add-on by Nigel Richards. That's the first one in the line up of the Harpoon files. Is this a paint, or is there more to it, when I add it to the PV-2D WIP?.

George

Milton Shupe
March 28th, 2014, 18:43
I did download the ATTU Warrior WIP add-on by Nigel Richards. That's the first one in the line up of the Harpoon files. Is this a paint, or is there more to it, when I add it to the PV-2D WIP?.

George

George,

The Download Add-on description explains it pretty well:

"Pkg incl 1 model and 1 livery."

EDIT: There is a simple install readme included.

michaelvader
March 29th, 2014, 04:33
Sorry to reply to this topic,
I feel a little bit sad that Milton Shurpe does not seem to apreciate my panel for his really excellent Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon.
There are three main reasons why I do 2D panels of my own. the principal one ist that when I use the VC cockpit I have only half the
fps as using a 2D panel. I must say that I have only a 10 year old "steam powered" pc. The second is that I wanted a little bit
more "deepness feeling" than given by the original 2D panel. And at last also I gave it the color apropriated to my repaint as firebomber/
tanker. The VC has been also changed a bit mainly to match the colors and some minor changes in the gauges enhancement.
I join a pic of the Tanker 110 repaint.

Milton Shupe
March 29th, 2014, 05:00
Michael,

You are being overly sensitive. Please do not read that into my thinking.

I have six projects in progress and very busy with each of them. I offered some of our work to share as WIP projects, unfinished, unrefined, and not supported.

The Harpoon WIP 2D panel is temporary and will be replaced once the VC layout is done.

There are many here who do not wish to see WIP projects released, but some like to have a early look and feel.

I try not to get wrapped up in any changes or mods others do to WIP projects for their personal pleasure as its all going to change soon.
You should understand that. You stated when you wrote about this that is was for your personal use. Frankly I was surprised when you released it but is not a concern for me.
I do not recommend other peoples mods if I have not checked them out. It is not about appreciating your efforts.

michaelvader
March 29th, 2014, 06:51
Hallo Milton,
thank you for your reply,
allright, I certainly missunderstood when you wrote "somebody else".
I was so glad that I had finaly could do the repaint as tanker that I wanted to publish it with the apropriated panel.
As I wrote before I had some difficults to find the out how to accord the main and aft fuselage paintjob.
My panel for the harpoon is also a work in progress and may still change
For the moment the main panel for the military version is done, I now work out the radio operator post and also a radar operator post.
Before I will publish it, I might better should publish only the screenshots about this little works.
Please excuse me Milton if my reaction was not right.
Let us continue to
Have nice flights and happy landings
Yours
Michael "Papi" Vader

Milton Shupe
March 29th, 2014, 07:40
Hallo Milton,
thank you for your reply,
allright, I certainly missunderstood when you wrote "somebody else".
I was so glad that I had finaly could do the repaint as tanker that I wanted to publish it with the apropriated panel.
As I wrote before I had some difficults to find the out how to accord the main and aft fuselage paintjob.
My panel for the harpoon is also a work in progress and may still change
For the moment the main panel for the military version is done, I now work out the radio operator post and also a radar operator post.
Before I will publish it, I might better should publish only the screenshots about this little works.
Please excuse me Milton if my reaction was not right.
Let us continue to
Have nice flights and happy landings
Yours
Michael "Papi" Vader

No problem Michael. Well, my apologies for using the term "someone else" but at the time of my original quick response, I could not recall your name.

George Kuhn
March 29th, 2014, 08:42
Thanks Milton & Warhorse for your support.

I'm fixing to install shortly the harpoon and paints.

While I'm doing that. I noticed a couple more reply's to my topic. Where do I find the Firebomber paint that's mentioned, unless it's already in the Harpoon WIP package I downloaded last night etc?.

George

George Kuhn
March 29th, 2014, 15:01
I now have the Harpoon installed in my FSx. I took it on a test run. it fly's as it should. My Frame rates are good etc.

There is one issue I do see. Since I am an FSX user. Is there a prop texture replacement. The props on mine are all black, probably for FS9 users. When I downloaded the WIP package. I didn't see a replacement prop texture folder for those that are FSX users.

If there is a replacement prop texture. Where can I download it etc?.

THX

George

WarHorse47
March 29th, 2014, 15:37
I've got one from my install. Just right click and save as.....

The only issue I encountered was the VC compass. Was that ever fixed for FSX?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/Random%20FSX%2006/2013-10-27_15-49-59-390_zps93a022cf.jpg

Milton Shupe
March 29th, 2014, 16:13
I've got one from my install. Just right click and save as.....

The VC compass on the glare shield was not yet mapped for textures in this WIP version.

Try to enjoy what you have until we can get all the pieces parts completed. :wiggle:

Milton Shupe
March 29th, 2014, 16:17
Thanks Milton & Warhorse for your support.

I'm fixing to install shortly the harpoon and paints.

While I'm doing that. I noticed a couple more reply's to my topic. Where do I find the Firebomber paint that's mentioned, unless it's already in the Harpoon WIP package I downloaded last night etc?.

George

It's in the library here George. Michael put a lot of work into this; it looks great but I have not had time to check it out.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=7&linkid=18302

WarHorse47
March 29th, 2014, 17:09
The VC compass on the glare shield was not yet mapped for textures in this WIP version.

Try to enjoy what you have until we can get all the pieces parts completed. :wiggle:Never said I didn't enjoy it. I just can't figure out which way I'm flying. :adoration:

George Kuhn
March 29th, 2014, 17:09
Milton.

I'm having one issue with the main PV-2 WIP Harpoon. My props are all black. The spinprop texture with the plane is probably for FS9. There was no replacement prop texture for those of us that are FSX users?. is there an FSX spinprop texture available for download?.

I'm also trying to get the firebomber panel and paint installed. I have the paint added with the config entry. The paint doesn't show up for some reason?. I'm also not sure how to get the firebomber [Lights], [Fuel] and [Smokesystem] contents added, since those entry's are all ready in the main plane. Some of the contents is different etc.

George

George Kuhn
March 29th, 2014, 17:16
Warhorse

I tried your spinprop texture. It didn't work. My props are still black.

George

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/Random%20FSX%2006/2013-10-27_15-49-59-390_zps93a022cf.jpg[/QUOTE]

WarHorse47
March 29th, 2014, 17:26
George, its the prop file that came with the Harpoon I have installed.

Let me try another way.

George Kuhn
March 29th, 2014, 18:23
George, its the prop file that came with the Harpoon I have installed.

Let me try another way.

I downloaded the zip your showing. I'm unable to extract it. it needs to know what program created it. It just shows it as an attachment etc.

George

WarHorse47
March 29th, 2014, 18:56
WinZip, version 18.

Guess I need to dig into my archives to see where that prop came from. I had assumed it was part of my FS9 Harpoon WIP install.

Milton Shupe
March 30th, 2014, 04:51
I downloaded the zip your showing. I'm unable to extract it. it needs to know what program created it. It just shows it as an attachment etc.

George

Gearge,

Try the attached.

George Kuhn
March 30th, 2014, 10:43
Gearge,

Try the attached.

Milton.

How in the heck do I download this and use it?. I did right click on your bitmap and used save picture as, and put it in a temp folder to try it. This is just a picture. There is no bitmap attachment so to speak that I can extract and use to replace the current one?. I took the current spinprop bitmap out, and put the one you have showing in it's place. My props are still black.

So. I'm back to square one.

George

Milton Shupe
March 30th, 2014, 11:18
Milton.

How in the heck do I download this and use it?. I did right click on your bitmap and used save picture as, and put it in a temp folder to try it. This is just a picture. There is no bitmap attachment so to speak that I can extract and use to replace the current one?. I took the current spinprop bitmap out, and put the one you have showing in it's place. My props are still black.

So. I'm back to square one.

George

George,

The attachment is a 32-bit bmp with alpha channel. It works for me in FSX/SP2/ACCEL/DX9; I downloaded it, checked it, and its the same as I uploaded.

Are you running FSX SP2/Accel with DX9? If not, I cannot help you. The is a WIP FS9 release, not FSX native. It works in FS9 and in FSX here as a portover.

If you cannot unzip a zipped file and you cannot get the basic bmp to work, then it is going to be hard to help you.

If you are running DX10; new ball game requiring other assistance.

EDIT: I am attaching a compressed file done by Win/XP. See if you can download and decompress it.

AussieMan
March 30th, 2014, 15:35
WinZip, version 18.

WH, may I suggest if you are using WinZip 18 that you use Legacy mode to pack your files so that people with older versions of WinZip can open the files. I am using WZ v17 but use Legacy Mode for that reason.

George Kuhn
March 30th, 2014, 16:22
George,

The attachment is a 32-bit bmp with alpha channel. It works for me in FSX/SP2/ACCEL/DX9; I downloaded it, checked it, and its the same as I uploaded.

Are you running FSX SP2/Accel with DX9? If not, I cannot help you. The is a WIP FS9 release, not FSX native. It works in FS9 and in FSX here as a portover.

If you cannot unzip a zipped file and you cannot get the basic bmp to work, then it is going to be hard to help you.

If you are running DX10; new ball game requiring other assistance.

EDIT: I am attaching a compressed file done by Win/XP. See if you can download and decompress it.

Yes. I am running FSX SP2/Accel with DX9

George