PDA

View Full Version : Paul J Dx10 guides

Roger
March 28th, 2014, 13:49
Many of you Dx10ers will know of Paul from the Dx10 forum at Avsim. He has incorporated his Dx10 guides in to his signature. All are worth a look and full of great advice.

pbearsailor
March 28th, 2014, 14:09
Would it be possible to link them, Roger?

I have so much trouble getting into AVSIM that I never go there anymore.

Cheers,
steve :wavey:

Roger
March 28th, 2014, 14:15
Hi Steve,
Paul is a member here and the links are in his sig at SOH.

Paul J
March 28th, 2014, 15:14
Would it be possible to link them, Roger?

I have so much trouble getting into AVSIM that I never go there anymore.

Cheers,
steve :wavey:

...and here ya go, Steve!

odourboy
March 28th, 2014, 15:22
...and here ya go, Steve!

Howdy Paul! Glad to see these links alive and well. :ernaehrung004:

Paul J
March 28th, 2014, 15:58
Howdy Paul! Glad to see these links alive and well. :ernaehrung004:

Another refugee! How are you? Glad for some rain I guess!

yep - a lot of scrambling, but I have to do something to keep me out of the pubs....:encouragement:

All the Very Best!

pj

pbearsailor
March 28th, 2014, 16:03
Thank you Paul & Roger.

This is idiot for some reason had signatures turned off in his forum settings. I see clearer now. :dizzy:

Steve

Paul J
March 28th, 2014, 16:07
Thank you Paul & Roger.

This is idiot for some reason had signatures turned off in his forum settings. I see clearer now. :dizzy:

Steve

You didn't miss much, Steve - I've been editing links for the past two hours!

Regards,

pj

Navy Chief
March 28th, 2014, 16:26
In Paul's guide, I noticed references to a Nvidia Inspector? But what about ATI cards? NC

Paul J
March 28th, 2014, 17:28
In Paul's guide, I noticed references to a Nvidia Inspector? But what about ATI cards? NC

Thanks for asking, Peter, and of course there are AMD/ATI users that need attention too! There are some references, but not having used one, (or CCC) for several years, I'm reliant on either Steve or Charles Earl for explicit input: that being said - spread over pages 9, 10 and 11, it does include three quite condensed (soon to be expanded) pages of the RadeonPro settings, plus about a page on how to setup for DX10 as well as a number of other links, courtesy of Charles: right now I'm constructing CCC content with more input from Steve which will hopefully be included within the next seven to ten days.
At the time of writing the testing was done using the 6950, 7950 and 7970, but should also work with the 5xxx. The GPU Driver is the biggest issue encountered thus far, as spiking will occur when using any CCC version later than 12.11. The links to this in 32 & 64-bit are also included.

I hope this helps, somewhat, but the current change of venue has put a crimp on my "leisure time" of late - I will get it in as quickly as I can....

All the Best,

pj

odourboy
March 28th, 2014, 19:36
Another refugee! How are you? Glad for some rain I guess!

yep - a lot of scrambling, but I have to do something to keep me out of the pubs....:encouragement:

All the Very Best!

pj

Doing great thanks! Rain... better than snow and -10, that's for sure. I'm really pleased for you and the rest of us that Roger and SOH has made a home for the DX10 'refugees'.

Cheers, Brian

Navy Chief
March 29th, 2014, 04:04
Thanks Paul:encouragement: I will wait patiently until you have time to update your guide! I am not ready to shell out the bucks for Steve's Fixer software, so I am interested in the "free" mods. NC

Thanks for asking, Peter, and of course there are AMD/ATI users that need attention too! There are some references, but not having used one, (or CCC) for several years, I'm reliant on either Steve or Charles Earl for explicit input: that being said - spread over pages 9, 10 and 11, it does include three quite condensed (soon to be expanded) pages of the RadeonPro settings, plus about a page on how to setup for DX10 as well as a number of other links, courtesy of Charles: right now I'm constructing CCC content with more input from Steve which will hopefully be included within the next seven to ten days.
At the time of writing the testing was done using the 6950, 7950 and 7970, but should also work with the 5xxx. The GPU Driver is the biggest issue encountered thus far, as spiking will occur when using any CCC version later than 12.11. The links to this in 32 & 64-bit are also included.

I hope this helps, somewhat, but the current change of venue has put a crimp on my "leisure time" of late - I will get it in as quickly as I can....

All the Best,

pj

Paul J
March 29th, 2014, 06:09
Thanks Paul:encouragement: I will wait patiently until you have time to update your guide! I am not ready to shell out the bucks for Steve's Fixer software, so I am interested in the "free" mods. NC
Good Morning Pete:

Well it'll give you a "feel" for DX10 for sure, as smoothness and lack of OOM's are one of the major benefits of the newer api. I've posted the Fixer's manual here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x44tjg9wqqee1q/User%20Manual.pdf) so you can make some comparisons with the retail version.

pj

ark1320
March 30th, 2014, 20:04
Paul,
The DX10 SF Manual and FSX Graphics Buffering documents listed in your signature seem to be the same, or am I missing something (again)?
Thx,
Al

Paul J
March 31st, 2014, 06:08
Paul,
The DX10 SF Manual and FSX Graphics Buffering documents listed in your signature seem to be the same, or am I missing something (again)?
Thx,
Al

You're right! I'm not exactly the brightest spark around, Al... duh! but it's fixed now - so thanks for letting me know. Same with anything else - it's been a hectic two days, with a partial re-write of the How-To, cleaning out the DropBox, and every link being changed reflecting all of this.

All the Best,

pj

Smashing Time
March 31st, 2014, 15:32
Are you Paul Jenkins who does the FSX Peformance Tips and Tweaks guide?

jetblst
March 31st, 2014, 16:59
Actually, we are lucky as Paul had doubled down on his efforts and we have even MORE goodies.

FOR INSTANCE

The AA Shader Table.

I double checked my settings and I missed this over... "there" LOL. My LOD Bias setting was set wrong. I now have it set correctly and according to the shader tables. Working even better now. Wow.

With all the info Paul has in his signature block guys, is all you need. Just go do it. You'll be glad you did.

Paul J
March 31st, 2014, 19:05
Paul had doubled down on his efforts and we have even MORE goodies.
With all the info Paul has in his signature block guys, is all you need. Just go do it. You'll be glad you did.

(Jet, Jet, Jet - ya gotta keep this "quiet" - low key... - you'll get your cheque in the email - I promise..) :cool:

Folks - if you don't know - Jet is one of the star pupils and adherants of DX10. We do have a number of real success stories - actually I have a "Word" document with as many entries as I come across, and Jet has been right up there - his enthusiasm is boundless!

Glad to see you here, Jet - and Many Thanks. You da Man! :ernaehrung004:

All the very best,

pj

Richdem
April 1st, 2014, 09:23
(Jet, Jet, Jet - ya gotta keep this "quiet" - low key... - you'll get your cheque in the email - I promise..) :cool:

Folks - if you don't know - Jet is one of the star pupils and adherants of DX10. We do have a number of real success stories - actually I have a "Word" document with as many entries as I come across, and Jet has been right up there - his enthusiasm is boundless!

All the very best,

pj

Another defecter here lol

Glad to see you Paul, Your work is awesome

Hoping you can help me resolve the issue with stuttering when adding a 2nd smaller monitor for panels

Richard

Paul J
April 1st, 2014, 12:21
Another defecter here lol
Hoping you can help me resolve the issue with stuttering when adding a 2nd smaller monitor for panels
Richard

Hey Richard! Good to see you man! I guess a "Welcome" is in order, too!

We need your specs again, though, Richard.. was your cfg originally done Sept 22, 2013, by Bojote? I have one entitled "Rich_fsx_chgd.cfg", dated Sept 26 2013 worked on by me - could that be yours? It has a Titan for GPU.

Best,

pj

Richdem
April 1st, 2014, 12:39
Hey Richard! Good to see you man! I guess a "Welcome" is in order, too!

We need your specs again, though, Richard.. was your cfg originally done Sept 22, 2013, by Bojote? I have one entitled "Rich_fsx_chgd.cfg", dated Sept 26 2013 worked on by me - could that be yours? It has a Titan for GPU.

Best,

pj

Hi Paul,

I updated my signature with my PC specs. Not it wasn't my config you are talking about. I will try adding as an attachment

Richard

Paul J
April 1st, 2014, 12:54
Hi Paul, I updated my signature with my PC specs. Not it wasn't my config you are talking about. I will try adding as an attachment.
Richard

OkeyDokey. Hmmm Nice Rig... :encouragement:

jetblst
April 1st, 2014, 16:50

All the very best,

pj

Whoops!

Thanks Paul. Well when you have been on Flight Simulator since the days of Sub Logic, and dreaming of a day when we would have this quality of realism, ( I dunno 30 years or so?) etc, one gets a little fired up! :untroubled: Mums the word!