PDA

View Full Version : Lost Paid aircraft and sceneries.

trucker17
March 27th, 2014, 09:41
I had my Backup drive crash on me the other night.....So I had to try and get all my paid aircraft and sceneries back again......

I want to say one thing about the following sites.......
In a word......THEY ARE ALL AWESOME....They all reactivated the downloads with no trouble at all.....

FSPilotshop.
A2A Simulations.
Cerasim
Aerosoft.
OZx.
Orbx.

Thanks to them I have all my sceneries and aircraft back, and had no problems at all with them.

ryanbatc
March 27th, 2014, 11:06
Yes that's the positive side of downloadable content....

Only a few companies require the user to backup their own such as PMDG.

Blackbird686
March 27th, 2014, 11:37
RealAir Simulations is also a good one. I lost my Spitfire and Sf.260 for FS9 a few years back. Same deal... except it was the HD inside the 'puter. I e-mailed Rob at RealAir and within 12 hours, I had new links to download the planes.

I recently procured a 1TB Solid State external drive, that I use with a 450GB external HD for all my back-ups. Yes... I have a lot of files for FSX/FS9.

BB686

Sascha66
March 27th, 2014, 11:57
RealAir Simulations is also a good one. I lost my Spitfire and Sf.260 for FS9 a few years back. Same deal... except it was the HD inside the 'puter. I e-mailed Rob at RealAir and within 12 hours, I had new links to download the planes.

I recently procured a 1TB Solid State external drive, that I use with a 450GB external HD for all my back-ups. Yes... I have a lot of files for FSX/FS9.

BB686

Well I didn't have such a good experience with RealAir. I lost my Spitfire FS9 key and sent them a very polite mail with my name and credit card info for the purchase (well from all my cards because I wasn't sure which one I had used) and didn't hear anything from them. I understand that it would have been a hassle to go through sales records but I would at least have appreciate a return message saying that they can't not reactivate the purchase.

Sascha

AussieMan
March 27th, 2014, 14:17
Do what I do ...... Back up your purchased to DVD along with the activation codes. Saves a lot of MBs in downloading again. The only time I have to download a file now is when they are updated P3D V2 or a general update

ryanbatc
March 27th, 2014, 14:30
Well I didn't have such a good experience with RealAir. I lost my Spitfire FS9 key and sent them a very polite mail with my name and credit card info for the purchase (well from all my cards because I wasn't sure which one I had used) and didn't hear anything from them. I understand that it would have been a hassle to go through sales records but I would at least have appreciate a return message saying that they can't not reactivate the purchase.

Sascha

Perhaps it got lost in a spam folder? Rob is normally active on Avsim forums...