PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot Help Please

Richard_Lincoln
March 25th, 2014, 17:25
Hi,I would like to post (WIP) shots of an aircraft up,but I have not found any directions on how to do this.Is there a manual please or concise instructions?

Thank You for your time

RL

Daveroo
March 25th, 2014, 17:34
if you mean from within FSX..just use a program like FSScreen..and im sure others will chime in on other programs..but i just use FSScreen cause its easy for a dummy like me to understand...lol.

Butcherbird17
March 25th, 2014, 18:51
From within FSX you can use the "V" key, the screenshots will be saved to (in wins7) My Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files
as BMP's. You will need to convert them to JPG (use irfanview) to do this. BMP's are to big in size and is recommended
to use JPG's here at SOH.
To post them here:
When you either start a new thread or reply to a post, scroll down and you will see "Manage Attachments"
click on that and a new window will open, top right you will see "ADD FILES" a little window will open.
Click on "Browse" and go to where you have saved your screenshots, pick the pics you want to upload,
then click "UPLOAD". Once they are uploaded to the site, they will be attached to your post.
Another way is to use a free image hosting site like Photobucket. Using a site like this will allow the bigger
pics you see in the Screenshot thread.

Joe

Mach3DS
March 25th, 2014, 19:23
RL, PM me...I'm a beta tester on most likely whatever project your thinking of, and I post many screens. I'll set you straight...maybe :P

edit...sweet... triple nickel post!

Richard_Lincoln
March 25th, 2014, 20:10
[QUOTE=000rick000;875270]RL, PM me...I'm a beta tester on most likely whatever project your thinking of, and I post many screens. I'll set you straight...maybe :P

edit...sweet... triple nickel post![/QUOTE

I have sent you a message

Richard_Lincoln
March 25th, 2014, 20:11
From within FSX you can use the "V" key, the screenshots will be saved to (in wins7) My Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files
as BMP's. You will need to convert them to JPG (use irfanview) to do this. BMP's are to big in size and is recommended
to use JPG's here at SOH.
To post them here:
When you either start a new thread or reply to a post, scroll down and you will see "Manage Attachments"
click on that and a new window will open, top right you will see "ADD FILES" a little window will open.
Click on "Browse" and go to where you have saved your screenshots, pick the pics you want to upload,
then click "UPLOAD". Once they are uploaded to the site, they will be attached to your post.
Another way is to use a free image hosting site like Photobucket. Using a site like this will allow the bigger
pics you see in the Screenshot thread.

Joe

Thanks for the advice,although the Upload for me does not Upload,it does nothing.:banghead:

Mach3DS
March 25th, 2014, 20:17
I'm responding to your PM....give me a few minutes to put together a checklist for you :)