PDA

View Full Version : PNW (Puget Sound, WA area) members?

Mach3DS
March 23rd, 2014, 19:44
I'm really curious as to how many members consider themselves PNW residents, in particular, Puget Sound area the greater seattle area? I want to somehow put together a flightsim get together almost like an FS convention but I'm not sure how many people would be interested and/or are from this area, or where to even hold such a thing... There's tons of aviation up here and I'd be really interested in meeting some fellow simmers in an environment of mutual support and show casing rigs and software, and developers. Is there such a thing already? If so is it actually well attended? Your thoughts?

WarHorse47
March 24th, 2014, 05:39
I'd be interested depending on the venue. I live outside Olympia. Depending on where it was staged, it would cause me to drive over 60 miles in that nasty traffic and perhaps some overnight lodging expenses to attend.

I'm unaware of any similar conferences. If this were to come together you might consider one of the air museums. I know the Olympic Air Museum has several events yearly, such as the Military Antique Swap Meet - but that is at the southern tip of Puget Sound. The Seattle Flight Museum and those around PAE are more centrally located, of course. I guess it would depend on the size of the event and what it would cost to rent a conference room.

JohnC
March 24th, 2014, 06:07
I live within a mile of Paine field, and used to work work that close too. About four years ago we had a small gathering at the Museum of Flight..but haven't heard of any event since.

jpmouse
March 24th, 2014, 16:03
I live in Bellingham WA and would definitely be interested in getting together with fellow simmers from this area.

Navy Chief
March 24th, 2014, 16:59
I am SO envious. When I retired from the USN, I was at Whidbey. Had I not been married to a wench, er, I mean woman from Valdosta, GA, I never would have left Whidbey. Most beautiful place I have ever lived. Gods country. The one and only AVSIM convention I ever attended was in 2007, in Seattle. NC

Maybe I could get some folks together, once I make the move to Pensacola? I mean, what with the Naval Aviation Museum being there? Come on!