PDA

View Full Version : 2015 = NASCAR HP Reduction?

Panther_99FS
March 22nd, 2014, 12:28
-> http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-nascar-moving-toward-horsepower-reduction-in-15-032214

EasyEd
March 24th, 2014, 16:59
Hey All,

Hmmm interesting. This will be a big change. I don't have any idea how it will turn out.

-Ed-

stansdds
March 25th, 2014, 11:11
Why not just turn every race into a restrictor plate race?

Maybe just make everyone use four cylinder engines?

Maybe just use electric golf carts and be super eco friendly and super safe at the same time?

Geez, NASCAR! Just when you get a good car and there is good racing, you start mucking around and ruin it.

Panther_99FS
March 25th, 2014, 17:13
Why not just turn every race into a restrictor plate race?

Maybe just make everyone use four cylinder engines?

Maybe just use electric golf carts and be super eco friendly and super safe at the same time?

Geez, NASCAR! Just when you get a good car and there is good racing, you start mucking around and ruin it.

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Panther_99FS
March 25th, 2014, 17:15
On a serious note:
Indycar went seriously downhill (IMHO) when the cars lost 250hp.
900 at their peak (before Tony George monkeyed around) to around 650 now.

Terry
March 26th, 2014, 04:22
NASCAR had just as good if not better racing when the engines only produced about 500 hp. I don't care if they lower the cubes a little but restictor plates that ruin throttle response would be a very bad mistake.

Panther_99FS
March 26th, 2014, 16:11
NASCAR had just as good if not better racing when the engines only produced about 500 hp. I don't care if they lower the cubes a little but restictor plates that ruin throttle response would be a very bad mistake.

Secondary & tertiary effects of a 500hp Cup car.
- What would Nationwide hp be?
- What would Truck hp be?

stansdds
March 27th, 2014, 02:06
Secondary & tertiary effects of a 500hp Cup car.
- What would Nationwide hp be?
- What would Truck hp be?

Cut by equal amounts, I suspect.

Terry
March 27th, 2014, 04:16
I haven't heard anything about a cutback in the other two series. The whole business about engine and rule mods bring to mind the adage.... "Why did you change the rules? Because I can". The more they dick around with it the emptier the stands get.

EasyEd
March 27th, 2014, 06:44
Hey All,

I doubt they will radically reduce hp in the other series but we will see how it goes. As for messing around with the rules the best thing NASCAR did was get rid of that old antiquated season-long points system. Talk about a system of abuse where you just laid back and protected points for as long as half a year.

-Ed-