PDA

View Full Version : A6M2m21 ZERO V-128 SAKAI "Tainin AG"

Bill Kestell
January 20th, 2009, 18:06
I have not had any luck trying to put this skin (Jon Wold's V-128 -see above) on a CFS2 A6M2_Zero. Still shows up all black. Any suggestions?:help:

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 18:53
I have not had any luck trying to put this skin (Jon Wold's V-128 -see above) on a CFS2 A6M2_Zero. Still shows up all black. Any suggestions?:help:

...there are about 130 pages of planes and skins at SimV. It would help a bit to know where you got it, so we could see what you're dealing with. :gossip:

miamieagle
January 20th, 2009, 18:56
I think he got it here http://www.simviation.com/cfs2aircraft8.htm :wavey:

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 18:57
....it's on page 8 of CFS2 Aircraft. Taking a look. :hand:

Jagdflieger
January 20th, 2009, 19:09
Hmmm. If Jon Wold is the author, those textures date from early in the CFS 2 experience.

Update: Whoops, looks like you guys found it already.

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 19:11
...these textures are for the stock A6M2, and will not work with the overhaul. :hand:

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 19:39
...these files are posted in a defective format. You need to open them in DXTbmp and restore them to a proper Normal BMP or DXT3 format via your photo editor. If you do not do that kind of work, let me know and I will email the corrected items to you. :gossip:

Bill Kestell
January 20th, 2009, 20:39
:friday:Thanks, guys ... and TR ... I can't believe it ... I ran it through my DXT program and managed to do something right ... it worked !!!
(Yeah DJ, I know ... it's almost like an O.T.miracle, ain't it???)
Anyway, a big thanks all the way round ... beers on me :friday::friday::friday:

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 20:48
... beers on me :friday::friday::friday:

...I was really hoping for a double Knob Creek on the rocks. Hint...hint. :jump:

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 21:37
...and TR ... I can't believe it ... I ran it through my DXT program and managed to do something right ... it worked !!!
(Yeah DJ, I know ... it's almost like an O.T.miracle, ain't it???)

...trying to say it was one of those 'Blind Squirrel' incidents? :caked:

Jagdflieger
January 21st, 2009, 07:08
Bill,

If you want to use these textures on the B-24 Guy's updated Zero, just:

Copy the "t" and "d" textures to your desktop and rename them "r" and "b" and then put them back in the AC's Texture folder. Now you have right and left side textures.
T becomes R
D becomes B
Use a paint program to reverse the lettering or nose art if necessary.

You can do this with any of the textures made for the stock MS CFS 2 aircraft to convert them to the B-24 Guy's overhauled stock aircraft.

Bill Kestell
January 21st, 2009, 09:43
Knob Creek ... my idea of good old rock n roll ... :friday:

Jagd ... thanks for the info ... this will be useful!:friday: