PDA

View Full Version : A couple interesting planes at the NAS Pensacola museum

Navy Chief
March 20th, 2014, 16:08
This one is in the restoration hangar. A TT-1 Pinto, made by Temco:

And cannot recall what this one is. My Master Chief friend told me, but I didn't write it down!

CWOJackson
March 20th, 2014, 16:14
And cannot recall what this one is. My Master Chief friend told me, but I didn't write it down!

Douglas F3D Skyknight

Navy Chief
March 20th, 2014, 16:46
Thanks! I see the F-3d has been modded for FSX. Anyone try the FS9 Pinto in FSX?

CWOJackson
March 20th, 2014, 17:48
Thanks! I see the F-3d has been modded for FSX. Anyone try the FS9 Pinto in FSX?

I've always thought the Skyknight was a little shortchanged in history/aviation culture. It was one of those transitional designs but it had an interesting and mostly forgotten career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyknight

PSULLYKEYS
March 21st, 2014, 11:06
Great museum. A must see if you are in the area.

The simulated jeep carrier deck with the warbirds is impressive. Ship moddelers would really enjoy the great selection of great USN carrier models.

I'm glad they are adding to their collection.

ViperPilot2
March 21st, 2014, 12:55

According to the authors, "... It may work in FSX, but it hasn't been tried in that sim."

From the Readme.txt:

"POSSIBLE FSX COMPATIBILITY:

Our previous jet, the Bell P-59, worked in FSX with one issue that we know of, a transparent cockpit floor in VC view. The Pintos haven't been tested in FSX, but they were built with the same software and methods as the P-59."

Hope that helps...

:encouragement:

Navy Chief
March 21st, 2014, 16:47
According to the authors, "... It may work in FSX, but it hasn't been tried in that sim."

From the Readme.txt:

"POSSIBLE FSX COMPATIBILITY:

Our previous jet, the Bell P-59, worked in FSX with one issue that we know of, a transparent cockpit floor in VC view. The Pintos haven't been tested in FSX, but they were built with the same software and methods as the P-59."

Hope that helps...

:encouragement:

Thanks! NC

Landman
March 23rd, 2014, 16:32
If any of you are planning to go to that museum you better set aside the whole day. If you get there when it opens in the morning and don't leave until it closes you still will not have enough time to see everything. It is one of the best museums I have been to anywhere in the world. My favorite part was getting to sit inside the various cockpits that are on display. Some of them are much smaller than you might think.

Dangerousdave26
March 23rd, 2014, 16:53
LOL yesterday at Fantasy of Flight I saw a rather Big man get stuck in one of the cockpits they have on display.

Navy Chief
March 23rd, 2014, 17:13
Loaded both the Pinto and the Sea Knight into FSX. The Pinto would need a lot of mods to make it better for FSX. The Sea Knight was already modded, and looks/works ok. NC