PDA

View Full Version : Trucks

rmalone
January 20th, 2009, 16:49
are almost done- one uploaded Army truck- Bearcat 241 helped me get it done Many Thanks to bearcat 241-because of size sounds are in two parts. enjoy have two more in the works one covered-one fuel tanker.If I forgot any thing let me know and we will try to correct it- Thanks to all involved.
Roy (RM)

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 17:00
...sorely needed additions for CFS2. A much ignored area. :welcome:

Pen32Win
January 20th, 2009, 17:18
Lookin' Good RM;

Very Detailed. I take it these are intended for "Player" use. ???

:ernae:

rmalone
January 20th, 2009, 17:24
they were to start, but I bet someone here will make a object conversion.
RM

Tango_Romeo
January 20th, 2009, 17:34
RM

Do you really think anyone here in the basement would stoop to such a level? No. no...however, someone may stray ever so slightly onto the darkside and create an object.bgl. Sacre' Bleu, Blackhawk! :engel016:

Pen32Win
January 20th, 2009, 17:42
Based on what I see in the S/S, Unless they were Multi-LOD'ed I think they might be a bit rough on the ole' FPS in any kind of numbers.

JOOC, how many polys in the MDL?

Ravenna
January 20th, 2009, 20:45
Thanks RMalone.It will be interesting to see how this looks scale-wise beside our existing vehicles.

Ravenna
January 20th, 2009, 21:26
Looking great and getting around 56fps. Thanks again RM! Now...do we have a driver who doesn't look like a pilot?

langereis
January 21st, 2009, 09:49
Hi Rmalone,

Your Army Truck (installerd a an airplane) is just great in FF; moving around on Dog1's new scenery Port Moresby. The sound of the engine is also very impressive.:woot:
You can now see how detailed the new scenery by Dog1 is:ernae:.

Dirtman
January 21st, 2009, 15:07
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GENTS!!!

R.C & I have been driving them around all afternoon & you'll never guess what happened .....

Tango_Romeo
January 21st, 2009, 16:14
...not to mention that you were a Canadian. Why couldn't you just be a thirsty 'guy'? Damn, you Canadians are a bunch of troublemakers. :faint::friday:

sc7500
January 21st, 2009, 16:28
Now THAT'S Funny !!

LOL ! :applause:

SC
:kilroy:

Dirtman
January 21st, 2009, 16:57
damn, you Canadians are a bunch of troublemakers.

Guilty as Charged!

Blue Devil
January 21st, 2009, 17:31
...not to mention that you were a Canadian. Why couldn't you just be a thirsty 'guy'? Damn, you Canadians are a bunch of troublemakers. :faint::friday:

Hey DM, ...nice eucalyptus ey, ...

...well watered w/ hops'n'grains ey...

Thanks fer the trucks RM, ...sweet.

Dirtman
January 21st, 2009, 17:33
Now THAT'S Funny !!

LOL ! :applause:

SC

Glad yer liked it Brother .... If insanity is a disease ..... then I'm a carrier!

With much gratitude & apologies to Mr Malone:

Drove her around a bit (handles quite nicely too) she has FANTASTIC animations! (wheels & even the driveshafts!!)

But without a gun I felt a bit naked .... like in FS9 .... and bored .... like in FS9 ..... so's I just HAD to slip a dp file inta her .... grabbed a dp from a modded Bf-109 (cuz it had a centre mounted gun) and SHAZZAM ... INSTANT FUN!

Just remove the ".txt" & slam her in.

Been blowing up everything around MR's Henderson area.

Tango_Romeo
January 21st, 2009, 17:34
Guilty as Charged!

..of Mother Truckers! :costumes:

PSULLYKEYS
January 21st, 2009, 18:08
OK RM! More other than flyable stuff!:friday:

Leave it to Dirt to apply rather large items of destruction to it! LOL:costumes:

Jagdflieger
January 21st, 2009, 20:55
I hope he finds a cold Labat or Molson.

Dirtman
January 22nd, 2009, 07:16
Hey DM, ...nice eucalyptus ey, ....well watered w/ hops'n'grains ey..

Yo BD;

All the pic were shot in MR's newest Solomons ... eh.

Beauty scenery ... eh?

Up here in Kanada we pee on the trees to make 'um grow big ... eh.

Only true Kanadian "hozers" say "eh" allot ............... eh.

sc7500
January 22nd, 2009, 16:27
...Glad yer liked it Brother .... If insanity is a disease ..... then I'm a carrier! But without a gun I felt a bit naked .... like in FS9 .... and bored .... like in FS9 ..... so's I just HAD to slip a dp file inta her .... grabbed a dp from a modded Bf-109 (cuz it had a centre mounted gun) and SHAZZAM ... INSTANT FUN! Just remove the ".txt" & slam her in...

I just had a look "under the hood" of our Canadian Cuzzin's Truck.DP file... and I can't stop laughing !!!

Those are some of the most "detailed" system identifiers *I'VE* ever seen, Dirt !!!

ROFLMAO !

SC

Dirtman
January 22nd, 2009, 18:17
I just had a look "under the hood" of our Canadian Cuzzin's Truck.DP file... and I can't stop laughing !!!

Those are some of the most "detailed" system identifiers *I'VE* ever seen, Dirt !!!

ROFLMAO !

SC

Thanks but I can't take credit for someone else's work. 72439

I lifted the dp directly from the: "Classic Aces_Big Splasher - Bf-109" just because it had a centreline 20mm.
Didn't alter anything in it; I just changed the file name.

I did know about the "odd" additions in it though .... found out about them one afternoon on my test range over Alisto .... laughed so hard it almost triggered the dreaded: "wet chair effect".

bearcat241
January 22nd, 2009, 20:48
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes: :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

wolfi
January 23rd, 2009, 01:07
RM

Hi rmalone,
did you use FSDS2 or Gmax? If you use FSDS2, I can make a destroyable object.

wolfi

bearcat241
January 23rd, 2009, 04:30
its a Gmax model....

Tango_Romeo
January 23rd, 2009, 10:15
...to be poly-reduced and transformed into wonderful scenery objects. While they are a novelty to drive around, in the long run, they'll get a hell of a lot more play in that role than in the aircraft folder. :woot:

Malone, get your ass in gear. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
January 23rd, 2009, 10:33
Malone, get your ass in gear. :ernae:

I didn't notice that you said these were 'conversions', so the source file isn't available. :monkies:

rmalone
January 23rd, 2009, 14:27
I will see if I can get the source files-no promises, but will give it a shot.
RM

dog1
January 23rd, 2009, 20:57
we need it as an object and not taking space in the limited aircraft hangar please
dog1

dog1
January 23rd, 2009, 21:00
WOLFI

I just received my copy of FSDS3.5 and the impression i get is that i cant develop personnel or objects like houses etc,am i right or wrong?
dog1

Tango_Romeo
January 23rd, 2009, 22:56
I just received my copy of FSDS3.5 and the impression i get is that i cant develop personnel or objects like houses etc,am i right or wrong?
dog1

FSDS3.5 will not work for CFS2. If you purchased it, Abacus will give you a link to the download site for FSDS2.24 which is the version for use with CFS2. You'll need to email or phone them for the link. :engel016:

Once you have version 2.24 you can produce whatever you need....aircraft, ships, scenery objects and weapons. :jump:

dog1
January 24th, 2009, 00:42
tango romeo
will e mail them immediately,thanks for info
dog1

wolfi
January 24th, 2009, 01:40
so far I know, fsds3 is backward compatible with fsds2.4! Yes, you can make your own object´s, for bgl object's you have to save them in sca (scasm) format

wolfi

hewman100
January 24th, 2009, 02:20
I'm going to have to get off my bum and do some more work on my British vehicles. If only I'd done the templates as I went along:faint:

Tango_Romeo
January 24th, 2009, 02:23
so far I know, fsds3 is backward compatible with fsds2.4! wolfi

...FSDS3.0 and FSDS3.5 are not compatible with CFS2. Any model produced from either one of those versions (and I own all of them) will not work in CFS2 because it will have CFS3 tags.

An FSC file produced in 3.0 or 3.5 can be opened in 2.24 and a model can be produced for CFS2 from there. But the model must be produced in 2.24. We've been through this several times. Believe me.

Just do not try to use version 3 or 3.5 for CFS2.

If you purchase the newest version (3.5), Abacus will give you a link to version 2.24's download when you tell them that you work in CFS2.

Ask any designer....don't take my word for it. :engel016:

Donald Piper
January 24th, 2009, 05:39
Driving the Army_Truck around with the 20mm attached is a real hoot. But you gotta watch out for flat tires (a prop strike that is). Now to see how the Lift_Truck will react...

Dirtman
January 24th, 2009, 06:29
Driving the Army_Truck around with the 20mm attached is a real hoot. But you gotta watch out for flat tires (a prop strike that is). Now to see how the Lift_Truck will react...

Yup; had LOTS of "prop strikes" while drivin this beast around too....

My first dumb question in this thread:

Could the prop be made smaller to make this less of a problem?

bearcat241
January 24th, 2009, 08:48
Air file record [510 - Propellor Parameters] ...decrease the prop diameter. But be prepared for any negative consequences to thrust...remember, this IS a propellor-driven flight model. Give it a shot.

rmalone
January 24th, 2009, 10:03
are uploaded- enjoy
RM

Tango_Romeo
January 24th, 2009, 19:56
You G-Max wizards, get on it. I see that 44 of you have already downloaded the source files. Give us some scenery objects. :applause::applause::applause:

(Heck, I didn't know there were 44 people who knew how to open G-Max...much less who could also read. :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:)

Pen32Win
January 24th, 2009, 20:43
ROFLMAO....TR you slay me....:ernae:

Dirtman
January 25th, 2009, 06:45
Air file record [510 - Propellor Parameters] ...decrease the prop diameter. But be prepared for any negative consequences to thrust...remember, this IS a propellor-driven flight model. Give it a shot.

Wish I could Bear but I don't know how to load it into the gun ..... don't have the gun either .....

Thanks for the fix .... that's definitely going in the right direction!

My second dumb question in this thread:

How does "jet power" differ from "prop power" ? (as used in CFS2)
Could that be substituted in lieu of the prop? or is jet just a modified prop that supplies more power faster?

If you can't explain this here in 10,000 words or less, maybe grab me on-line & try to stuff this knowledge into my thick melon?

The reason I'm interested is that these vehicles & related technology will be incorporated into final phase of Vietnam-4-CFS2 (on-land combat)

Although this phase is still quite a ways off in the future, developing and refining the concept will take a fair amount of time.

The Vietnam-4-CFS2 project has and is spawning many new ideas which extend the abilities of CFS2 into areas that were previously considered "impossible". Tango's brilliant SA-2 was the first product & PROOF that this actually can be done. (no "lock-on" guidance, but it is the next best thing)

Research continues into the role of "player ships" for the "Brown water navy" phase. PSULLEYKEYS & Good_2_Be are currently exploring different ideas to make this work properly.

Also a concept for making runways unusable thru the deployment of a special bomb is in the works. This could also be modified to work as hidden "land mines" for the land combat.

So you see; the only limiting factor here ............... is imagination.

- Brother Dirt

sc7500
January 25th, 2009, 09:08
You G-Max wizards, get on it. I see that 44 of you have already downloaded the source files. Give us some scenery objects.

(Heck, I didn't know there were 44 people who knew how to open G-Max...much less who could also read.)

Clicking the <Start> button is easy... However, DOING SOMETHING with those intensively detailed truck files is gonna be tough !

I gotta admit ~ I haven't seen anything this complicated since my divorce decree.... :help:

SC

B17Sam
January 27th, 2009, 16:35
:icon29: Cheers, big thanks to Roy Malone for converting my trucks for use in CFS2.

Would like to help get the proper file format for the trucks to be used as scenery, but:faint:I know nothing about CFS2 program requirements. Is there an SDK for CFS2?

Anyone know where I can get a CFS2 game. You guys are having so much fun.....:ernae:

Regards, B17Sam

Tango_Romeo
January 27th, 2009, 16:37
...to require an experienced Gmax modeler to do a poly-reduction on the source file and produce a scenery object BGL for the vehicle. But there's nothing terribly complicated about it at all. :amen:

B17Sam
January 27th, 2009, 17:06
[quote=Tango_Romeo;96594]...do a poly-reduction on the source file

:karate:I'll get busy chopping the polys:running: A static scenery model would not need all of the undercarriage detail and certain 3d objects could be replaced with a simple texture.

bearcat241
January 27th, 2009, 20:19
...How does "jet power" differ from "prop power" ? (as used in CFS2)
Could that be substituted in lieu of the prop? or is jet just a modified prop that supplies more power faster?

Dirty,

I thought you'd get a reply sooner from others with all the attention to this thread, but the answer is too complicated to pass the "10,000 words or less" test. Suffice it to say that when building automotive vehicles, jet thrust in this sim is an aggressive animal and just isn't the most suitable choice without a LOT of power-to-weight tweaking for such a lightweight object. It can be done, but the original FS9 models already had decent air files - why bother to re-build them with jet power? The return on this time investment is minuscule.

Tango_Romeo
January 28th, 2009, 02:58
[quote=Tango_Romeo;96594]...do a poly-reduction on the source file

:karate:I'll get busy chopping the polys:running: A static scenery model would not need all of the undercarriage detail and certain 3d objects could be replaced with a simple texture.

I work in FSDS so I can't help you with the Gmax process, but creating a scenery BGL should be the same in Gmax as in FSDS. :kilroy:

I was hoping one of our Gmax gurus here in the basement would jump in here. :whistle:

Pen32Win
January 28th, 2009, 09:35
As much as I'd like to dive into this one I'm a little busy right now. If no one has gone after it when I complete my current list o' things to do I'll have a go at it.

Either that or you're going to have to figure out a way to extend the day to say, 35 Hours....:costumes:

Rami
January 28th, 2009, 13:32
I'll have to try this, too. Great work to all involved! :ernae: