View Full Version : ETO Expansion Download Links, Comments, Questions"

Pages : [1] 2

middle
October 5th, 2008, 15:40
OK guys, here it is......

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom=
downloads&showcat=10

Now, just copy and paste the above into your address box in your browser

That way we will not mess up anything here at SOH even by accident. Sorry for my original blunder...I had a lot of info coming in at the same time......Thanks for your patience...mid

rbp71854
October 5th, 2008, 16:03
Thanks Mid

middle
October 5th, 2008, 16:03
PHEW...is all i'm gonna say..try it now guys

middle
October 5th, 2008, 16:04
For some reason the space didn't take when I saved the edit the first time....it seems to work now.

O-1Driver
October 5th, 2008, 16:55
Works great Mid. I just did a test run on the server and I was downloading at 365 to 375 kb/sec after a min.

Steve

Check Takealot Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?takealot/) and Woolworths Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?woolworths/).

middle
October 5th, 2008, 17:11
Outstanding!!! Now do I get the secret handshake and cigars,lol?

grizzly50
October 5th, 2008, 18:09
:kilroy:Middle, I just downloaded it. It took me less than 50 minutes this time. Already deleted the old one and installed the new. A-OK.:d

Gizmokev
October 6th, 2008, 00:26
Getting 300 Kbps here thanks guys.....wooo more to confuse me now....:d:d

ronnybengt
October 6th, 2008, 00:46
,,the show is on the road again...:applause:..great job fellas

R

gianlucabagatti
October 6th, 2008, 01:20
page not found! is there a problem?

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 01:27
You have to copy and paste the address into your browser. It is not a direct link.

page not found! is there a problem?

gianlucabagatti
October 6th, 2008, 01:34
hi rbp, thanks, did it! do u think the ETO released one week ago could have some corrupted files?

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 01:39
Should not have any corruption in the original. But if you think you might then just download a fresh copy.

hi rbp, thanks, did it! do u think the ETO released one week ago could have some corrupted files?

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 03:09
CFS3 ETO EXPANSION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How does the autoinstaller work.
Refer to the READ ME BEFORE INSTALLATION document.
2. How do you change the Eras?
Refer to the CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA SWAPPER document for an explanation on how the swappers work.
3. Can I name the CFS3 ETO Expansion install ETO2 and have it work correctly?
No, the Theater has to be named CFS3 ETO Expansion, the Eraswappers, the global layer backup, and the ZX Zapper programs will not work with an install named other than CFS3 ETO Expansion.
4. Do I need to install Mission Builder in the CFS3 ETO Expansion?
No, the autoinstaller wil install a mission builder into the CFS3 ETO Expansion directory.
5. Do I need to install the NEK?
No, the CFS3 ETO Expansion comes with a NEK that is configured just for the CFS3 ETO Expansion. Installing a previously released NEK will corrupt the one that was installed with the install package.
6. Can I install the 46th Design Group Scenery Package into the CFS3 ETO Expansion?
No, it is recommended not to do so as it will corrupt the existing global layers. The initial release of CFS3 includes the Italy entries of the 46th Design Group Scenery. Subsequent updates to CFS3 ETO Expansion may include other locals.
7. Can I install the Firepower Add on?
That is unkown, the installation of the Firepower add on was not tested, so the impact to the theater is not known.
8. I have installed the CFS3 ETO Expansion Install program and the CFS3 ETO Expansion Swapper Install program, but I can't switch Eras. What's Wrong?
Is your CFS3 ETO Expansion directory path different from the default C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion? If it is you will need to refer to the detailed instructions in the CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA SWAPPER Readme to change the directory path entries in the swappers to match your computer's paths.
If you started the sim without changing the swappers to your computers install path you have corrupted your era files. It is recommended that you uninstall the the associated Era files by manually deleting the existing era file sets from your theater. Then run the CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Install program to re-install the Original Release Install Files (ORIFs).
See The ERA File Restore Readme for detailed instructions on how to retore your era files.

9. Where are the Readmes?
The Readmes are located in the main directory folder CFS3 ETO Expansion Readme.
10. My scenery looks funny. What's wrong?
When you installed the Install package did you verify that the ZX Zapper deleted the *.zx files in the Terrains and Terrains2 folders. Manually run the ZX Zapper and see if that corrects your scenery.
11. What happens if I exit out of QC from an airfield that is not in the next Era I choose?
You need to make sure that you select another airfield before clicking on the FLY button.
If you don't you will get the floating hourglass or the sim will CTD. If you get the floating hourglass you can recover by immediately selecting the options pull down menu and Exit the game.
12. What happens if I exit out of a mission that is not in the next Era I choose?
Nothing, the sim will revert to the first mission in the new Era.
13. Are there special considerations in using the CFS3 ETO Expansion Mission Builder in the CFS3 ETO Expansion Theater?
Yes!
During the autoinstall process the Mission Builder will be installed in your main directory. Right click on the MB and open the Properties pull down tab. The default directory and target paths are C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion. If your install path is different from the default, copy and paste your install path to the directory and target text windows.
Because the 5 CFS3 ETO Expansion ERAs have different airfields and facilties entries in the global layer.csv/qclocations.xml additional procedures have to be followed to use the CFS3 ETO Expansion Mission Builder.
It is important that you exit out of the sim in the Era that you want to build a new mission or revise an existing mission.
Then initialize the Mission Builder and you will be able to verify that you are in the correct Era when the MB splash screen appears.
Once in the correct Era for the mission, normal procedures for the mission builder can be followed.
14. What campaigns can I play? How do they work?
There are presently two specific Era campaigns for 1936. The Attack in the West and the Phoney War. All campaigns have spawn file groups which correspond to Allied or Axis Sides.
There is a stock campaign. Also there are campaigns for 1943, 1944, and 1945.Presently there is no specific campaign for the Bob Era. At a later date campaigns may be added to the theater.
See the Campaign Play Readme for details.
15. Why isn't there more aircraft included in the CFS3 ETO Expansion?
It was decided by the team to limit the amount of aircraft. We recommend as a minimum to install all the available aircraft from AvH and Regs Hanger, plus the Ground Crew craft on Regs.
16. I get alot of stutter and low FPS.. What can I do? In the assets/highres dds folder there is a dds file called scenerysheet01.dds. Rename it to highres_scenerysheet01.dds. There is also a dds file called lowres_scenerysheet01.dds, change that to scenerysheet01.dds. You should see an improvement. You can also switch the aircraft textures from high resolultion to low resolution.
You can also turn down your sliders in the cfs3config file.
17. Why is there no stock CFS3 Missions in the ETO Install? Can I just copy my stock CFS3 missions into the ETO?
Because the ETO has 5 different Eras with different global layer entries the stock missions will not work in all the eras. A mission that is an era that doesn't have the necessary global layer entries may corrupt your install. If you choose to install the stock missions you must take care to make sure that the era you are placing the mission has the necessary global layer entires.
10-06-2008

Nonato
October 6th, 2008, 04:21
Another question rbp

How does the backup system works?

N.

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 04:35
CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA FILES BACKUP PROGRAM
The Installer includes the CFS3 ETO Backup program in the main directory which gives you the ability to backup your current ERA global layer files/qclocations.xml and other file folders and files associated with the 5 different eras in the Theater.
List of folders and files the Back-up program saves to C:\ CFS3 ETO EXPANSION BACKUP
All *_uires and uires folders
All *_missions and missions folders
global_layer folder
All *_qclocations.xml and qclocations.xml files
All *_splash24b.bmp and splash24b.bmp files
ETOEraSwapper.bat file
MASTERSTARTUP.bat file

I M P O R T A N T
Make sure to place your theater in the default era of 1936 before creating a backup.
The Backup files are stored at the default location of C:\ CFS3 ETO EXPANSION BACKUP.
You should routinely make backups of your files.
Oct 6 2008

Notice the back-up program only copies the 5 era specific folders and files.

If you need to reinstall your era and mission files you need to follow the ORIFs reinstall directions. There is a section in there on using the back-up files to reinstate your install to your last saved backup.

All the readmes are located in the CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs folder.

Another question rbp

How does the backup system works?

N.

Nonato
October 6th, 2008, 04:42
Thank you for explaining:d

N.

FRO8769
October 6th, 2008, 04:45
For some reason the link above does not work for me. Is there another link to get ETO?

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 04:56
For some reason the link above does not work for me. Is there another link to get ETO?

It is not a direct link. You must copy and paste the total address into your browser.

TNEWELL
October 6th, 2008, 08:48
It is the 1.17GB download correct? Want to make sure I don't need anything other than this. Thanks!

rbp71854
October 6th, 2008, 09:15
That's all you need other than a clean unmodded CFS3 install updated to 3.1a.

It is the 1.17GB download correct? Want to make sure I don't need anything other than this. Thanks!

middle
October 6th, 2008, 09:19
To Re-Iterate....the address in the first post is not a link...it must be copied and pasted in your browser address box!

Rurokenshinfan23
October 6th, 2008, 11:15
Thanks a bunch for the download link!

remcoc
October 6th, 2008, 11:28
Hi Middle!

Great news for al the fans! Great work by you and the people I don't know the names of (but who will be unmistakenly operate with you in the background). Another example of the creativity that keeps our great sim alive.

RemcoC

middle
October 6th, 2008, 13:13
Thanks for the compliments...all I did was some testing and a bit of research and come up with some ideas from time to time. The real credit goes to the guys who lost sleep building all the stuff. I found it really interesting to work with folks in several time zones. Being I stay up late and sleep late and am on the west coast, US, sometimes i was late getting some things but was early on others. We're still working on stuff to make it even better and IMO it's pretty good as it is....it takes cfs3 from a not too bad arcade game to a sim that looks real good. I think the biggest payoff for me was the amount of knowledge about how this sim works and I'm still learning. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish some missions i've been working on and see what all of you think about them if I ever get around to releasing them. mid

sixstrings
October 6th, 2008, 16:51
Hey Mid,Got the copy you sent me today but file is corrupt .Tried copying the address but to no avail:banghead:.

Tailwind
October 6th, 2008, 17:48
Hey Mid,Got the copy you sent me today but file is corrupt .Tried copying the address but to no avail:banghead:.

Hey six just want to double check. You have to copy the entire link.

http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3 ETO Expansion/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip

And paste it into the address bar. I made the mistake of just copying this

http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3

the first time

TW

TNEWELL
October 7th, 2008, 08:31
Downloaded and installed, runs great! Many thanks to all involved with this great mod!:applause:

TNEWELL
October 7th, 2008, 08:37
Downloaded and installed, runs great! Many thanks to all involved with this great mod!:applause:

middle
October 7th, 2008, 10:42
sorry, sixstrings....damn, I checked it and it looked right...if it's any consolation at least you can down;poad it now. I wonder if the otehr ones I sent were the same? I'm not havion very good luck with some things lately.

loverboy1
October 7th, 2008, 12:55
man got this loaded , waited till new home located for downlaoding ....and man wow wee

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sweet .......

hope alot more missions coming

cant wait

loverboy1

themann
October 7th, 2008, 20:23
Hi,
I installed on the E drive where my CFS3 is.
having a problem pasting "CFS3 ETO Expansion" into the MultiCFS3. It says problem modifying file.

I have 5 to send out, pm me.

Foxhound
October 8th, 2008, 11:18
Just downloaded thanks for the zip

middle
October 8th, 2008, 11:25
"having a problem pasting "CFS3 ETO Expansion" into the MultiCFS3. It says problem modifying file. "???

dON'T PASTE ANYTHING IN THAT MULTI BOX..JUST TYPE IT IN.

schaetzle
October 8th, 2008, 11:40
I would like to know which are the steps to follow to uninstall ETO.
Thanks in advance

middle
October 8th, 2008, 13:28
What, ya don't like it?

TNEWELL
October 8th, 2008, 15:53
Quick question. I have ETO installed and running, can I now go back in my original CFS3 and add back the modifications such as, aircraft, scenery, effects I had before or will this corrupt ETO? Thanks!

Talon
October 8th, 2008, 15:57
You can add whatever you like to CFS3 and it won't corrupt ETO.You just need the clean install to install ETO.I usually keep a clean install of CFS3 just in case I have to re-install ETO,PTO,MAW or OFF.

Talon

themann
October 8th, 2008, 16:53
"having a problem pasting "CFS3 ETO Expansion" into the MultiCFS3. It says problem modifying file. "???

dON'T PASTE ANYTHING IN THAT MULTI BOX..JUST TYPE IT IN.

I did type it in as well. This is what I typed. Same problem.

CFS3 ETO Expansion

fw190
October 9th, 2008, 03:48
How can I install ETO in D drive? I have copied the CFS3 clean installation folder into D drive......renamed it CFS3 ETO Expansion.......deleted the all xml files in the 3 subfolders of the missions folder......installed the ETO into it.....typed CFS3 ETO Expansion within the MultiCFS3......edited the MASTERETOBSTARTUP.bat and the ETOGLSwapper.bat files to locate the ETO folder in D drive. Do I need anything else to do?

rbp71854
October 9th, 2008, 09:08
Sounds like you are ready to go.

TNEWELL
October 9th, 2008, 13:10
Can I add other aircraft to ETO or should I just leave well enough alone? Thanks!

sixstrings
October 9th, 2008, 18:34
Got it downloaded and installed. FANTASTIC!!!!! Thanks a million!!:ernae::medals: Later,Scott

BeauBrummie
October 9th, 2008, 21:40
I have had it for a few days now and all I can say is well done one and all!

A couple of queries.
I notice that there are fewer nationalities. Some removals I can understand, but where are the commonwealth countries from the original nationalities expansion pack, especially the Canadians, the Aussies are there so why not the Canucks? I have a couple of RCAF Gunners Mossies and would like to see them with approriate pilots.
Are there any plans to add more bases? If so I would dearly like to see Lorient in France so that I can fly Ted's V/KG40 Ju88C-6's from. There are some KG40 bases, but this is the big one.
TTFN

Beau

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 02:31
Yes

You can add aircraft to the eto I have over 350 and adding as more become available.

Can I add other aircraft to ETO or should I just leave well enough alone? Thanks!

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 02:42
Beau

Apparently the NEK is limited to having a maximum of 10 different nationalities. Some nations had to be removed to make way for others which the team wanted in the ETO i.e Free French, Vichy, Republicans, Nationalists, etc.

No specific plans at this date on exactly what is to be added in the future. The team is taking a break. We were hard pressed, worked long hours, from April to September to finish up the Theater. Right now we just can't seem to get into the idea of immediately putting our heads back onto the grindstone.

There are things people are working on, but no definative date on completion or collective effort to put a update package together.

I have had it for a few days now and all I can say is well done one and all!

A couple of queries.
I notice that there are fewer nationalities. Some removals I can understand, but where are the commonwealth countries from the original nationalities expansion pack, especially the Canadians, the Aussies are there so why not the Canucks? I have a couple of RCAF Gunners Mossies and would like to see them with approriate pilots.
Are there any plans to add more bases? If so I would dearly like to see Lorient in France so that I can fly Ted's V/KG40 Ju88C-6's from. There are some KG40 bases, but this is the big one.
TTFN

Beau

BeauBrummie
October 10th, 2008, 03:24
Thanks Bob, BTW the Canadians are there, my oversight. No worries about the updates. I've so much to play with here. Thanks to all you Groundhogs.

fw190
October 10th, 2008, 06:14
Sounds like you are ready to go.

I launched ETO.....and all eras seem to load perrfectly.....played in quick combat and few single missions mode.....no probs there........only thing that worried me a bit was that I did not find anything on Spanish Civil War in Era 1........neither in Single Missions nor in Campaign list.......it only had Attack in the West 1940/BoF and Phoney War.......also I did not find any Spanish Plane in Aircrafts menu. I do have SPR and SPN nationalities in the pilots menu.

Also there is no BoB in Campaign/Single Missions mode in Era 2. Am I doing anything wrong?

I actually have these in Campaigns list......1943, 1944, 1945, Attack in the West 1940, Phoney War, La Forteresse Europe, Nek Redux ETO Edition. Is it ok?

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 06:53
To do a qucik check if your eras are in sync is to look at the global_layer.csv and the qclocations.xml. The first airfield entry Inssbruck has an era tag. I.e. Innsbruck (1936), Innsbruck(1944) if both the global layer and the qclocations match, your eras are in sysnc.

The eto is a work in progress. So you may not find aircraft for all nationalities nor campaigns or missions for each era.

What you see in your install sounds correct for the stock rev 1.0 install.

Bob

I launched ETO.....and all eras seem to load perrfectly.....played in quick combat and few single missions mode.....no probs there........only thing that worried me a bit was that I did not find anything on Spanish Civil War in Era 1........neither in Single Missions nor in Campaign list.......it only had Attack in the West 1940/BoF and Phoney War.......also I did not find any Spanish Plane in Aircrafts menu. I do have SPR and SPN nationalities in the pilots menu.

Also there is no BoB in Campaign/Single Missions mode in Era 2. Am I doing anything wrong?

I actually have these in Campaigns list......1943, 1944, 1945, Attack in the West 1940, Phoney War, La Forteresse Europe, Nek Redux ETO Edition. Is it ok?

fw190
October 10th, 2008, 07:18
To do a qucik check if your eras are in sync is to look at the global_layer.csv and the qclocations.xml. The first airfield entry Inssbruck has an era tag. I.e. Innsbruck (1936), Innsbruck(1944) if both the global layer and the qclocations match, your eras are in sysnc.

The eto is a work in progress. So you may not find aircraft for all nationalities nor campaigns or missions for each era.

What you see in your install sounds correct for the stock rev 1.0 install.

Bob

Thanks for replying rbp71854

1936, 1943, 1944, 1945 global_layer.csv and qclocations.xml do match. But there is a file global_layer.csv which has an era tag Innsbruck(BoB) for which I did not find any corresponding qclocations.xml file. Is it a problem?

Also there are 4 pairs of missions and uris folders......1936, 1943, 1944, 1945.

Am I having an era(the 2nd one.....relating to BoB) less?

TNEWELL
October 10th, 2008, 08:08
Thanks for the reply rbp71854, will begin adding my favorite aircraft today!

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 08:19
What you describe is normal as you have your era in the BoB era and so the bob_qclocations.xml and the bob_global_layer.csv files have been changed to qclocations.xml and global_layer.csv.

Open your eto and select the 1936 era. Then close the eto and then look at your bob files and you will see that they have been changed. and the 1936_* files have been changed to qclocations.xml and global_layer.csv.

That's the function of the era swappers doing their job. Renaming the era files according to which era you select.

Thanks for replying rbp71854

1936, 1943, 1944, 1945 global_layer.csv and qclocations.xml do match. But there is a file global_layer.csv which has an era tag Innsbruck(BoB) for which I did not find any corresponding qclocations.xml file. Is it a problem?

Also there are 4 pairs of missions and uris folders......1936, 1943, 1944, 1945.

Am I having an era(the 2nd one.....relating to BoB) less?

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 08:22
Make sure not to overwrite the older aircraft that you install pylons, guns and weapons as that will corrupt the latest AvH WEP packages. Same warning the AvH gives with their latest WEP updates.

Thanks for the reply rbp71854, will begin adding my favorite aircraft today!

BeauBrummie
October 10th, 2008, 08:40
I have the Wellington package from Reg's that was made for the orig. ETO. It has some effect lines and effects textures that you added to the original effect file. Is this in the new ETOE, or still be added?

Beau

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 08:49
Beau

I am not sure on that. Driver would probably know for sure. In the mean time you could install the Wellie and see if all is all right if not then add the effects lines and fx textures

I have the Wellington package from Reg's that was made for the orig. ETO. It has some effect lines and effects textures that you added to the original effect file. Is this in the new ETOE, or still be added?

Beau

fw190
October 10th, 2008, 19:29
What you describe is normal as you have your era in the BoB era and so the bob_qclocations.xml and the bob_global_layer.csv files have been changed to qclocations.xml and global_layer.csv.

Open your eto and select the 1936 era. Then close the eto and then look at your bob files and you will see that they have been changed. and the 1936_* files have been changed to qclocations.xml and global_layer.csv.

That's the function of the era swappers doing their job. Renaming the era files according to which era you select.

OK, now I get it....thanks for the clarification, everything is in proper order :icon_lol:

Jumpoo
October 13th, 2008, 10:42
Problems running ETO :-(
First: can`t run Multicfs3 (in dir of ETO), just saying :Problem modifying file
Second : When running ETO start it says, Cant find CFS3.exe

ETO directory is in CFS dir which is in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games

so what to do, just pay my bills?

rbp71854
October 13th, 2008, 13:04
You say your CFS3 ETO Expansion directory is in your \Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3 directory?

If it is you have a corrupted install and you have also corrupted your CFS3 install.

Your Microsoft Games directory should look like this:

Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3
Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion

If it looks like this, it is a corrupt install:

Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\CFS3 ETO Expansion

If it is corrupt you will have to remove all traces of your CFS3 and ETO from your computer. Then re-install CFS3 and the ETO.

I am off to work now, will check back tommorrow, or someone else may be able to help in the meantime.

themann
October 15th, 2008, 07:06

I have the same problem. Apparently the dvd swapped to me had a corrupted version. but he said download it or he will send another, but where can we download??

I don't think my main cfs3 is corrupt.

How bout a torrent?!

Tailwind
October 15th, 2008, 08:47
I have the same problem. Apparently the dvd swapped to me had a corrupted version. but he said download it or he will send another, but where can we download??

I don't think my main cfs3 is corrupt.

How bout a torrent?!

Hi

I don't think he is saying the file is corrupt it's the install that is corrupt. ETO was installed into the CFS3 folder. This is incorrect and now has botched both.

Best case is to delete the CFS3 folder from "MyDocuments" folder. Also delete CFS3 folder in C:\programfiles\microsoftgames. Also delete the CFS3 folder in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Microsoft

Make sure to delete any ETO folders you see there as well. Reinstall CFS3. Install the 2 patches. Run the game. Now install ETO. Choose yes to all of the default prompts. At the very end the multi CFS3 installer will pop up. Back out the "combat flight simulator 3" entry and replace it with "CFS3 ETO Expansion" This will create a second folder for ETO.

You can download ETO from here(first page on this thread)

Copy the entire line into your address bar. Hit enter

TW

Oh and please no more with the torrent stuff:kilroy:

Hurri
October 15th, 2008, 12:00
downloaded the ZIP file, extracted it then ran the file but got the message
"this file contains invalid data"
Any comments anyone??

rbp71854
October 15th, 2008, 12:07
Sound like your file was corrupted during download or the extraction process.

downloaded the ZIP file, extracted it then ran the file but got the message
"this file contains invalid data"
Any comments anyone??

themann
October 15th, 2008, 15:38
Hi

I don't think he is saying the file is corrupt it's the install that is corrupt. ETO was installed into the CFS3 folder. This is incorrect and now has botched both.

Best case is to delete the CFS3 folder from "MyDocuments" folder. Also delete CFS3 folder in C:\programfiles\microsoftgames. Also delete the CFS3 folder in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Microsoft

Make sure to delete any ETO folders you see there as well. Reinstall CFS3. Install the 2 patches. Run the game. Now install ETO. Choose yes to all of the default prompts. At the very end the multi CFS3 installer will pop up. Back out the "combat flight simulator 3" entry and replace it with "CFS3 ETO Expansion" This will create a second folder for ETO.

You can download ETO from here(first page on this thread)

Copy the entire line into your address bar. Hit enter

TW

Oh and please no more with the torrent stuff:kilroy:
You are misunderstanding. The person who sent me the dvd told me that he sent out a corrupt version. His own words.

The download link is not there.

rbp71854
October 15th, 2008, 16:24
http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3 (http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3) ETO Expansion/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip

Make sure to copy and paste the TOTAL address into your browser

You are misunderstanding. The person who sent me the dvd told me that he sent out a corrupt version. His own words.

Tailwind
October 15th, 2008, 18:41

OK fair enough but your DVD corruption issue is not the same as jumpoo's install issue that you quoted.

I was just trying to offer help to both issues in the same post. Hope you sort things out.

TW

themann
October 16th, 2008, 06:51
OK fair enough but your DVD corruption issue is not the same as jumpoo's install issue that you quoted.

I was just trying to offer help to both issues in the same post. Hope you sort things out.

TW
I figured that thank you:mixedsmi:

FRO8769
October 16th, 2008, 10:27
My Microsoft games folder is on a different drive and when I start the install the Make CFS3 ETO Directory freezes at 50% but the self installer extracts to the microssoft games folder. I then start and it goes thru as required and starts extracting folders from CFS3 and then asks do I want to override by pressing A, I do that and it goes thru but when it is done it stops and all I have in the ETO folder is CFS3 files and no ETO icons show up on the desktop. I have tried it three or four times with all the same results. Don't know what to do next. Let me know. Thanks

Jumpoo
October 16th, 2008, 10:35
Finally i figured it out.
Installing CFS3 in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\cfs3.exe
But I had to chose the directory while installing, default was C:\program

And ETO in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat
Note that install of ETO takes time
Now I´m flying all day long....and night

rbp71854
October 16th, 2008, 10:54
Fro

1st. When it stops at 50% it is not frozen, you have to let the program initialize. It may take a while depending upon your computer. Just be patient, you will then get a dialog box asking on the directory of your CFS3 install.

2nd, you are exiting out of the installer too soon. Once the installer finishes extracting CFS3 stock files to the ETO folder there is a second phase which copies the ETO files to the ETO Directory. After the copying of the stock files you should next see the splash screen which says (and I am paraphrasing) "installing ETO files". You will need to point the installer to the correct location of your ETO Folder

My Microsoft games folder is on a different drive and when I start the install the Make CFS3 ETO Directory freezes at 50% but the self installer extracts to the microssoft games folder. I then start and it goes thru as required and starts extracting folders from CFS3 and then asks do I want to override by pressing A, I do that and it goes thru but when it is done it stops and all I have in the ETO folder is CFS3 files and no ETO icons show up on the desktop. I have tried it three or four times with all the same results. Don't know what to do next. Let me know. Thanks

FRO8769
October 16th, 2008, 14:26
I finally got it up and running. That was it, not waiting for it to continue and exiting to soon. The other question I had was is there anything else that we need or you suggest we install into our ETO install such as extra aircraft, facilities, buildings, etc, etc,. Let me know. Thanks again!!

flyer01
October 18th, 2008, 08:52
I have had trouble joining / hosting ETO mutlplayer games. Could one of the ETO Expansion Group post what the due's and don't of hosting / joining online games are?

Thank you, flyer01:medals:

sgtreilly
October 18th, 2008, 10:48
Thank you for your labors

lightningbolt
October 20th, 2008, 09:22
Originally posted by FRO8769http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/grey/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=15395#post15395)
The other question I had was is there anything else that we need or you suggest we install into our ETO install such as extra aircraft, facilities, buildings, etc, etc,. Let me know. Thanks again!!

I believe it is recommended to install all AvHistory aircraft and Reg's Hanger/Ground Crew Design aircraft. At least the ones relevant to the ETO theatre.
Also rbp71854 uploaded some B-24 skins for the Firepower B-24 for future missions.:d

O-1Driver
October 20th, 2008, 10:09
I have had trouble joining / hosting ETO mutlplayer games. Could one of the ETO Expansion Group post what the due's and don't of hosting / joining online games are?

Thank you, flyer01:medals:

Do not use the Boston or any A-20s at all in MP. They will cause all kind of issues. We have been flying with as many as 14 players at a time in missions with no problems at all. I have not used the A-20 in any missions or spawns.

O-1

remcoc
October 20th, 2008, 12:01
Dear Groundhogs,

To make shure that I do not ruin my copy of the ETO Expansion:
- when installing
1. planes
2. missions
3. scenery
4. adjusting effects-file
Do I have to start up CFS3 ETO, swap and go to era 1 in all cases (1 to 4), or only when installing scenery?

Thanks for helping me out in advance!

RemcoC

rbp71854
October 20th, 2008, 12:28
Its probably best to cultivate the habit of placing the eto in the default era of the 1936 era before adding anything.

All the updates the team will be releasing will require that the theater be placed in the default era of 1936.

You are correct that not all adds require that the theater be placed in the 1936 era, but why take the chance. In time I think you will become aware what can be added without the need of being in the 1936 era.

Dear Groundhogs,

To make shure that I do not ruin my copy of the ETO Expansion:
- when installing
1. planes
2. missions
3. scenery
4. adjusting effects-file
Do I have to start up CFS3 ETO, swap and go to era 1 in all cases (1 to 4), or only when installing scenery?

Thanks for helping me out in advance!

RemcoC

k9ulan
October 20th, 2008, 16:34
I triede to install this, didnt work,thats ok, but now CFS3 wont work at all, graphid all screwd up now..I uninstalled and re installed several times, still bad, when I start game sky black, some pixels all screwed up..any ideas,

themann
October 22nd, 2008, 16:37
Hi, I received a corrupted install version. Now I have the good version. How do I proceed. Do I just delete the eto folder under program files and start again. I didn't find an application data folder or a my documents. I'll just try reinstalling.:running:

OK IM WORKing thank you. Looks great!

cristiano103
October 22nd, 2008, 21:50
Hi, I received a corrupted install version. Now I have the good version. How do I proceed. Do I just delete the eto folder under program files and start again. I didn't find an application data folder or a my documents. I'll just try reinstalling.:running:

OK IM WORKing thank you. Looks great!

Hi Themann

The directory You don't find are hidden files and You have to allow your browser to show them. I don't know exactly what is the path to follow on an english system as I have an italian one but You have to go to "my computer" choose "instruments" (I think) and in the pull down menu click on something like "directory options", this will open a dialog box with several option on the top, choose the second in the row (visualization ?) and You will find a series of options, between these there is "show hidden files", check it and then click "OK" and exit.
Now You would be able to see the application data folders.

I hope that You can understand my explanation even though I think I was not so clear.

HTH cheers :ernae: and have always good flying.
Cristiano

Lionus
October 23rd, 2008, 04:52
thanks for this excellent expansion pack! Anyway, There's one thing that is also good thing and slightly annoying thing. For example, when taking off from Calais.. there's constant 19mph+ crosswind, which makes takeoffs and landings a challenge. Is there any chance that in the update there's possibility to choose which strip we use, depending of wind situation? that would increase fresh pilots ( like me :redf: ) survival rate at takeoffs drastically. Naturally I could also change the weather.. but then the challenge would be gone.

remcoc
October 24th, 2008, 05:19
Dear Groundhogs,

While flying to Germany on one of Nonato's missions I discovered that I couldn't enter the gunstations in the Groundcrew Wellington.

I tried the Lancaster and Blenheim. I had the same difficulty here. On the Fairey Battle, I had no problem.

Is there something that I'am doing wrong?

Thanks for answering in advance!

RemcoC

bwchaney
October 30th, 2008, 22:54
On reading the instructions; if i use the default installation patch on the auto installer and do everything it suggests; do i have to do the bat. file modifications listed in the readme?

cristiano103
October 31st, 2008, 10:06
On reading the instructions; if i use the default installation patch on the auto installer and do everything it suggests; do i have to do the bat. file modifications listed in the readme?

Hi Brian

You have to do the .bat modifications only if your CFS3 is not in C\:Progam Files\Microsoft Games\ (which is the standard path followed by the installer) but it is in another location like mine which is in H:\Program Files|Microsoft Games.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying.
Cristiano "Astore"

bwchaney
October 31st, 2008, 19:37
Thank you my friend.

cristiano103
November 1st, 2008, 02:04
Hi All

Maybe a silly question....I have installed almost all the expansions for CFS3 and I configured my joistick in stock CFS3 and then I copy the .xca file from the CFS3 folder to the ones of the expansions, all OK
Well, I installed ETO-Exp and I wanted to port my joystick config into it but.... I didn't find where to put the .xca file, so is there any kind soul willing to help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

rbp71854
November 1st, 2008, 03:50
Your custom xca file goes in the same location as configoverrides and uisel files. In the *\application data\microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion folder.

Hi All

Maybe a silly question....I have installed almost all the expansions for CFS3 and I configured my joistick in stock CFS3 and then I copy the .xca file from the CFS3 folder to the ones of the expansions, all OK
Well, I installed ETO-Exp and I wanted to port my joystick config into it but.... I didn't find where to put the .xca file, so is there any kind soul willing to help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

mthrift
November 2nd, 2008, 05:17
Hello All,

I've just installed the ETOE and am having some issues I've not heard described in any other messages.

All my base CFS3 files are located in the standard places. The install appears to have gone well. The issue is that I am unable to start the program in the first 3 eras, and am only able to start in the last two by deleting the uisel.xml file EACH time I want to start the game.

Here's what I've learned.

For all the era selections, I have confirmed that the qclocations.xml and global layer file are being set correctly and are in sync.

If I delete the uisel.xml and attempt to start one of the first three eras, I get to the second splash screen, get a blue light on my trackir, then the CTD. In checking the files, I have found that the era swapper does its job (the era files are in-sync) in all these cases, but whatever is happening doesn't get far enough to even create a new uisel.

If I do the same with either of the last two eras, the game will start and run okay. However, if I quit and attempt to restart the SAME era, the program does a CTD at the second spalsh screen and can only be restarted by deleting the uisel.xml file and starting again.

Recap:
- EraSwapper appears to be working - the qclocations and globallayer files are syncing correctly.
- none of the first three eras will start - each time getting a CTD at second splash screen and prior to creating a fresh uisel.xml.
- the last two eras will start and play, but only by deleting the uisel.xml prior to each game start.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Michael

Whee-boom
November 2nd, 2008, 06:35
Hey Guys,
Been playing Attack in the West and its been brilliant, but I can't seem to change eras. Each time I go through the era swapper program it flashes up 'access is denied' about five times before continuing on and loading up attack in the west anyway.
I've been through the readme files and ORIFed in case of corruption, but it still won't work! My install location is the default and I've checked the .bat files and they've matched.
Any ideas as to what is wrong??

Fortiesboy
November 3rd, 2008, 04:08
I've gathered from this thread that ETO should be installed over a vanilla CFS3 install which has been run once, as in OFF?
If that is so, do I then have two installs - a CFS3 stock install and then ETO, again as i would have when installing OFF?
And that on the stock install of CFS3 I can add mods, scenery planes etc?

TIA of answers please.

grizzly50
November 3rd, 2008, 04:49
I've gathered from this thread that ETO should be installed over a vanilla CFS3 install which has been run once, as in OFF?
If that is so, do I then have two installs - a CFS3 stock install and then ETO, again as i would have when installing OFF?
And that on the stock install of CFS3 I can add mods, scenery planes etc?

TIA of answers please.

:kilroy:Fortiesboy, yes. That's right. CFS3 plus the 3.1 and 3.1a Updates. Start it one time. I like to actually get as far as clicking FLY in Quick Combat, and then exit the game. Now you're ready.

Then you run CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0 installer. Make sure you follow installation readme instructions exactly. Yes. Afterward, you will have two installs. One is vanilla CFS3 and the other will be CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0.

Yes, you can then add anything you wish to your CFS3 install, but then it wouldn't be vanilla any longer.

You can also add anything you wish to ETOE, too. Just be very careful that it is set to Era 1 before installing anything. ETOE is rather different than than its predecessors; MAW, OFF, PTO, and KS. It's more like having five sims in one. It's the Era Swapper system. I think you'll love it.:d

fsxplayer12
November 9th, 2008, 07:33
geez this thing is a big file

Axenti
November 12th, 2008, 03:59
Do i install this add on like the add on of PTO?

RTMabry
November 12th, 2008, 11:20
I have CFS3 with Firepower. Am I gaining anything by installing ETO?

Talon
November 12th, 2008, 11:30
In ETO you get 5 eras to fly in,new planes,new effects which will be getting updated as time goes along,airfields for the right eras and some new ships plus much more as it gets updated.What I mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg.

Talon

JayKae
November 13th, 2008, 02:54
Fairly soon I will provide a new link to download this ETO using a reliable 'download helper' because it is such a big file, I think you will like it :)

bwchaney
November 13th, 2008, 14:19
I am in love with the eto and am patiently waiting for more. is there a list of what is coming and a proposed release date; i had heard possibly 11-15. You folks are terrific and i am the first i hope to offer my deep felt thanks for all your work. sincerely bwchaney

middle
November 13th, 2008, 15:10
If all goes well and the real world doesn't intrude on our all important sim work, the 1st update will be available on the 15th, the 16th at the latest, I promise. Here's a list of the things included. The Installer comes in at around 75 megs. We try to squeeze as much as we can into it. Then another update will hopefully be available sometime in March. This sim is developing into something far and beyond what the original was. The immersion level has drastically improved. When those "golfball" tracers started coming up at me in testing, my adrenaline level rose into the stratosphere as it really seems like you're getting shot at. This team has truly done some amazing work.

"Effects
1. New 20mm, 37mm and 40mm golfball tracers for vehicle and ship AA guns.
2. New improved explode effects for all flak with new smoke and explosion fireball
3. New orange FX Texture for 40mm AA shell tracer
4. Various new flare effects
Vehicles
1. Updates to the stock Wirblewind and Ostwind flak vehicles. The Ostwind has a new 37mm AA gun with red golfball tracers and new flak burst. The Wirblewind has a new 20mm AA gun with green golfball tracers and new dirty gray flak burst.
2. Stock train G_flakcar has been updated with the new 37mm AA gun and red golfball tracers.
3. Two new flak guns have been added, red and gray ranging flak. Germany used these flak bursts to gauge enemy bomber altitudes.
4. New smoke drum for creating smoke to hide facilities, troops and vehicles from bombs and shellfire.
5. New eto AA Illumination flak flare gun.
6. b_Bofors_40mm updated with new gun, shell and tracers.
7. 6 new vehicles for the Spanish Civil War.
Aircraft
1. An Hs 123a for the Spanish Civil War period.
2. A Polikarpov I-15 for the Spanish Civil War period
3. A Ju 52 Bomber for the Spanish Civil War period.
4. A Ju 52 Transport for the Spanish Civil War period.
5. An RAF Wellington Bomber.
6. A Coastal Command Wellington Bomber.
7. A number of different changes to some existing ETO aircraft, including, but not limited to sounds, loadouts, and effects.
Facilities
1. Gray, Red ranging flak guns.
2. G-37mm flak gun.
3. Smoke Drum.
4. ETO AA Illumination Flak Gun.
5. A number of fixes to existing facilities in cluding a temporary fix for the Biggin Hill issue.
Guns
1. 20mm_AA_gun_red
2. 20mm_AA_gun_red
3. 37mm_AA_gun
4. 40mm_AA_gun
5. eto_gray_flak_gun
6. eto_red_flak_gun
Weapons
1. 20mm_AA_round_red
2. 20mm_AA_round_green
3. 37mm_AA_round
4. 40mm_AA_round
5. eto_flak_round(updated)
6. eto_flak1_round(updated)
7. eto_gray_flak_round
8. eto_red_flak_round
9. eto_flare_round
10. buoy_flare
11. paraflare_round
12. sodium_flare_red
13. sodium_flare_green
14. sodium_flare-white
Ships - The following stock ships have received new AA guns with golfball tracers
1. a_battleship
2. a_fletcher
3. a_cruiser
4. b_destroyer
5. g_cruiser
6. g_destroyer
7. g_U_boat
Effects: several new effects, including a number of different flare effects have been added, along with a new effects.xml.
Spawns: many new spawns have been added for mission building
Missions:
1. Four new missions have been added to Era 2.
2. Three new missions have been added to Era 3.
3. Eight new missions have been added to Era 4.
Weather: 1 new addition for the clouds folder and 3 new weather files
The following corrections, fixes, and modifications have also been done:

- ACC_Airfields – 4 fixes – Dunkewell, Smeatharp, Newchurch, and Kenley
- CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs (1 folder (corrections to Credits and Contributors *.jpg’s)and 2 README files (rewrite of CFS3 ETO Backup.rtf and rewrite of CFS3 ETO Expansion FAQ.rtf)
- objects – (Borgo airfield fix)
- Newly-Updated CFS3 ETO Backup.exe
- Newly-Updated CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Installer rev. 1.1.exe
- Updated country.xml
- Updated effects.xml"

bwchaney
November 13th, 2008, 16:40
great job guys will there be a campaign for each era? thanks bwchaney

O-1Driver
November 13th, 2008, 19:01
Fairly soon I will provide a new link to download this ETO using a reliable 'download helper' because it is such a big file, I think you will like it :)

Thanks JayKae, I am sure we will.:medals:

Steve

JayKae
November 14th, 2008, 02:34
Ok, here we go folks, if you have a look here :

http://www.aussiex.org/index/download.php?view.202 (http://www.aussiex.org/index/download.php?view.202)

You will see that the size is only 1.45MB, download that file and open the zip up, run the exe inside of that and follow the prompts, it has an inbuilt download accelerator and will stop you from ever having to redownload ever again. Enjoy :)

loverboy1
November 14th, 2008, 07:21
ios this a new upgrade addon //// tks eto

JayKae
November 14th, 2008, 10:18
No, it isn't, it is the original file but it uses a download helper so that if your download drops out or gets interrupted somehow, you can resume without any dramas :)

loverboy1
November 14th, 2008, 10:52
ok thanks

renereimann
November 14th, 2008, 11:41
Downloading the ETO Expansion was no problem. I have several installation problems. 1. The installer did not create the five programs on my desktop. 2. I can not find the Era files, Era swapper, and ORIFs. 3. Martin Wright's MultiCFS program did not autorun so I copied it into ETO and ran it. 4. I copied the BDP Zapper into ETO and ran it and verified it deleted BDP files. 5. I can not find the 3 Batch files to change ERAs. How do I fix these problems?

loverboy1
November 14th, 2008, 14:33
johno_UK (http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=johno_UK)

do we need scerney addon ,,,,,,,,,or its good in ETO as is ....looks fine and all , wasnt sure ..i did add his scenery work on cfs3 version prior

middle
November 14th, 2008, 14:41
Renereimann...did you start out with an unmodded cfs3 installation patched to v.3.1a? and if you did, is it residing on your C drive? Also it will produce five shortcuts, not programs on your screen.
Did you read the read me that cmae with the zip?

Snaker
November 14th, 2008, 16:26
Hi Guys - I am looking foward to trying out the new ETO!! I am home much more in the winter so I will have some time now to play CFS3.

I have one question - I always leave a vanilla CFS3 install on my computer but it has been a long time since I installed it and I can't remember if I patched it. The version # on my cfs3.exe is 3.1.0.30203. Does that mean I am patched to 3.1a ?

Thanks

:mixedsmi:

renereimann
November 15th, 2008, 16:52
Yes, I think I started with a clean, unmodded, patched to 3.1a CFS3 which is on my C drive. But it seems that the CFS3 ETO Expansion may have used my heavily modded CFS3 which is also on C drive. No desktop icons were created. Yes, I printed and read the CFS3 ETO Expansion Install ReadMe prior to installing. How do I ensure the clean, unmodded, patched to 3.1a CFS3 is used?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Squiffy
November 16th, 2008, 20:07
Hi gang. Love the update. Flew the Belfast blitz as Heinkel. Very cool. Now I have noticed that some of the animations don't quite work right as you select your pilot in the UI. I can fix this if you want? It works by pilot nat NOT airfield location so it should be easy to work into the NEK layout. Also, the new 8x303 sound for the Spit is a little coarse to my ears. I tried to edit the original 303 from the PD spit but for some reason it won't loop or short-burst the way the stock version did. It should be the same length so I dont' know what's wrong? I appreciate the effort for a new sound but it just sounds like a gated sample and doesn't speak as naturally as the sound for some of the standalone spits. If anyone knows more about getting weapon sounds to loop properly please let me know.

O-1Driver
November 17th, 2008, 04:43
Hi gang. Love the update. Flew the Belfast blitz as Heinkel. Very cool. Now I have noticed that some of the animations don't quite work right as you select your pilot in the UI. I can fix this if you want? It works by pilot nat NOT airfield location so it should be easy to work into the NEK layout. Also, the new 8x303 sound for the Spit is a little coarse to my ears. I tried to edit the original 303 from the PD spit but for some reason it won't loop or short-burst the way the stock version did. It should be the same length so I dont' know what's wrong? I appreciate the effort for a new sound but it just sounds like a gated sample and doesn't speak as naturally as the sound for some of the standalone spits. If anyone knows more about getting weapon sounds to loop properly please let me know.

Squiffy,

Appreciate your comments. Go ahead and put your package together and load it on on internal FTP for the test team. They can then test it and come back with their evaluation and recommendation on it the same as we did for this addition. This one was flown and tested by most of us before it was added.

Thanks

O-1

Pat Pattle
November 17th, 2008, 05:55
Also, the new 8x303 sound for the Spit is a little coarse to my ears. I tried to edit the original 303 from the PD spit but for some reason it won't loop or short-burst the way the stock version did. It should be the same length so I dont' know what's wrong? I appreciate the effort for a new sound but it just sounds like a gated sample and doesn't speak as naturally as the sound for some of the standalone spits. If anyone knows more about getting weapon sounds to loop properly please let me know.

Appreciate your thoughts Squiffy :) but the sound of 8x 303 brownings has been likened to the sound of tearing calico, it's wasn't a nice noise. If you search Youtube for 303 brownings there's plenty to listen to, then imagine it eight times over!:isadizzy: The new sound may not be perfect but it is, we think, far closer to what the real thing would sound like than the puny stock effort. Would love to hear what you come up with, can you pop into the ETO forum and let us hear them please?

Thanks,

Pat :)

edit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1919_Browning_machine_gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1919_Browning_machine_gun)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qxc8MxD7wtc (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qxc8MxD7wtc)

Squiffy
November 17th, 2008, 17:50
OK guys. I've studied electronic music and done some synthesis but I am not sure how the sound envelopes actually work in cfs3. If anybody has some pointers, I'd be glad to hear them. What I edited last night sounded pretty good as a complete sound, full duration, it just would'nt loop properly when you held the trigger down. It would cutoff then start again. It has more clatter in it like the package included. I respect the realism of the clatter x 8 of the RAF arrangement. I am just hoping to arrive at a more lifelike firing envelope where the guns speak and the sound trails off as the firing stops, and eveything else behaves accordingly for long and short bursts, as well as leaning on the trigger and hosing the target. :d

Squiffy
November 18th, 2008, 14:03
OK, even better now but still not complete. The PD spitfire from years ago (similar model for the one here) had a good "poppity-poppity-sproing-click" sound. That is the one I would like to mod. It's still used on the Battle. Test it and see. Somehow, the sound will loop properly, but still trail off after the trigger is released, whether onlg burst or short burst. THis means the envelope is changing somehow, or a portion of it is recognized for looping and the end of it is added after release. I have no idea how that is happening but it does on the Battle. This is what I would like to achieve but with a "chorused" and "mixed" x8 arrangement. Would it be in the weapon code? Effects file? xdp? I've checked these but still can't see what's up. Any help?

blue781
November 20th, 2008, 09:24
i have just loaded the new ETO mod, and i must say what a great experience.. my hats off to all involved in the creation of such a gem.. many thanks and hopefully more greatness to come in the future :ernae: :medals:

RedTuna
November 22nd, 2008, 17:28
The version # on my cfs3.exe is 3.1.0.30203. Does that mean I am patched to 3.1a ?

Thanks

:mixedsmi:

That's what shows up in my clean, patched install. You should be good to go.

oki
November 27th, 2008, 12:15
in the QC animation I always see the same (RAF) pilot, no matter what nationality of aircraft or location of airfield. When starting the QC mission, the pilot in the cockpit is correct.

is that a new feature of ETO or some old bug of CFS3?
....and what can I do about it?

Squiffy
November 28th, 2008, 09:47
Oki, this is what I saw a few weeks ago. It seems the raf animation was copied to all the airfield entries in the pregame ani files. They need to be coordinated via nationality. If you want to break them up, we can split them geographically and edit the entries. I think the airfield types just need to be provided for each nationality then they should be fine.

oki
November 28th, 2008, 12:21
you mean the

b_pregame_cam.m3d

in the eg g_pregame_1.xml?
looks th same in my main cfs3 install, I think :isadizzy:

gosd
November 29th, 2008, 06:07
I have a problem with the pilots uniforms.I upgraded to the ETO 1.02 version,all of my pilots turn out wearing the britsh uniform,even the Germans.Nothing againts the uniform ,but for the sake of accuracy other uniforms would be in the order.How can I correct this ?:isadizzy:
Note that when the pilots bailout of the planes they have the proper uniforms.

Thanks for the help, the game runs grate congratulation to the ETO team!!!
Cheers !

oki
November 29th, 2008, 09:18
gosd, I think this is exactly what happened to my install.......

gosd
November 29th, 2008, 09:40
Have you sorted out the problem ?
If so how did you fix it ?:jump:

oki
November 29th, 2008, 09:53
no, I didn't :banghead:

I went through the animation xml files, but I cannot figure out whats wrong here...all looks about the same as in my main cfs3 install, which works all right.....

Brainless
November 30th, 2008, 08:07
Yippe! yippe! I've done it. I followed Grizzly50's brilliant advice and now I have the full ETO.

Gobsmacked and amazed. Absolutely brillaint work guys. It's all just unbelievable. I've only just scratched the surface but it really is truly amazing!:applause:

To think I spent all those hours doing separate installs when all I needed was the ETO with almost everything done for me in one hit. Well I guess the long way round got me understanding a little bit about how things work in CFS3!:banghead:

I have the Firepower add-on but I don't want to just install it all in case something messes up. Presumably I can just add the aircraft individually from one of my other installs but is it just the aircraft and sound files or is there anything else I need to transfer over. Does anyone know?

Not only is the scenery great but the frame rates are good too. So now I can take off without the stutters.

A million thankyou's for all the hardwork all you guys put into this.:medals:

It's definitely multiple virtual beers and cheers all round plus cigars. Yes I know smoking kills but so does a BF109 up your.... well you know where.

BTW Grizzly50 my logon name is truly appropriate. You have no idea of the stupid things I do with these ridiculously complicated machines!!

All the best.

zaraspook
November 30th, 2008, 09:41
Yippe! yippe! I've done it. I followed Grizzly50's brilliant advice and now I have the full ETO.

Gobsmacked and amazed. Absolutely brillaint work guys. It's all just unbelievable. I've only just scratched the surface but it really is truly amazing!:applause:

To think I spent all those hours doing separate installs when all I needed was the ETO with almost everything done for me in one hit. Well I guess the long way round got me understanding a little bit about how things work in CFS3!:banghead:

I have the Firepower add-on but I don't want to just install it all in case something messes up. Presumably I can just add the aircraft individually from one of my other installs but is it just the aircraft and sound files or is there anything else I need to transfer over. Does anyone know?

Not only is the scenery great but the frame rates are good too. So now I can take off without the stutters.

A million thankyou's for all the hardwork all you guys put into this.:medals:

It's definitely multiple virtual beers and cheers all round plus cigars. Yes I know smoking kills but so does a BF109 up your.... well you know where.

BTW Grizzly50 my logon name is truly appropriate. You have no idea of the stupid things I do with these ridiculously complicated machines!!

All the best.

ETO IS THE BEST !!!
AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY IDIOT WITH COMPUTERS. LOOKING FORWARD TO TEAMING UP WITH YOU IN YOUR NEXT ETO GAME! :friday:

gosd
November 30th, 2008, 10:22
Here is the fix i made for the uniform issue :
If you look in the animation folder ,you wil notice there are three groups of files;a_ for americain, b_ for british, g_ for german.
So in the cutscene.xml file, using notepad, you can replace the prefix with the ones that goes with the corresponding pilot group.
Be carefull some pilot group differ weither they are republicains or nationalits. Make a backup of the file before !!
The ones I used are :
b_ for Australia, Britain,Britain_FAA, Canada,France_free, Netherland, Other_allied_nations, Poland, Spain_republicains, Switzerland and USA(before 1944).
a_ for Italy_allied,Russia and USA(after1944).
g_ for Belgium,Finland,Germany,Italy,Other_axis_nations,S pain_Nationalists and Vichi_France.
Other modifications could be made according of your knowledge of the era.
Have fun! And thank you to the ETO team for agreat game !!!!

oki
November 30th, 2008, 11:49
big thanks for the advice, my problem was that I did not find the :censored: cutscenes file, now I have found it........:jump: :ernae:

Squiffy
November 30th, 2008, 16:14
IIRC the animation is not as important as the cutscene entry. You need an entry for each nation type in the cutscenes file. THe "type" of camera shot doesnt' really matter once the nation is set up. Actually the g_ cameras might be some of the best with a nice closeup and all. Anyway, cutscene file has to have an entry for each appropriate nation so the other stuff will follow suit.

Squiffy
November 30th, 2008, 17:38
Hi gang. The new facility for New Haven harbour is great. Runs really smooth and fast. The dock near Ipswich and Martlsham Heath are not, however. I have afeeling these are similar to the originals. I will check them out but I think it would be nice to have a streamlined set for the channel coast. This will really help for the BOB.

Thanks.

oki
November 30th, 2008, 23:16
IIRC the animation is not as important as the cutscene entry. You need an entry for each nation type in the cutscenes file. THe "type" of camera shot doesnt' really matter once the nation is set up. Actually the g_ cameras might be some of the best with a nice closeup and all. Anyway, cutscene file has to have an entry for each appropriate nation so the other stuff will follow suit.

would it be possible to introduce additional nationalities with their own cutscenes and pilots e.g. f_ for the two French nationalities (it looks odd when e.g. a Vichy French pilot wears a German and a Free France one a RAF uniform)?

(I think that has been discussed before, but I cant remember the outcome :redf:)

Brainless
December 1st, 2008, 09:16
Well I've had more success and now confirm the firepower aircraft will work fine as individual kites just added in the usual way except you need their sound files added.

I expect you all know this already but I thought I'd post it just the same.

Brainless
December 1st, 2008, 10:32
Well I've had more success and now confirm the firepower aircraft will work fine as individual kites just added in the usual way except you need their sound files added.

I expect you all know this already but I thought I'd post it just the same.

Err..guys I think I may have spoken too soon. Whilst the Firepower B17G & B17G, Ta152C-1, TA152H-1 & Ta 154b seem to be fine the Firepower Ta 154 crashes the sim to desktop when I select it and the Ta 183,and both Lancaster kites have cockpit gauge parts missing. I would guess there must be other bits and pieces that the Firepower installer adds which are not not immediately apparent. Does anyone have any idea what these might be?

I have looked in the route folder and elsewhere but nothing jumps out as an obvious remedy.

Squiffy
December 1st, 2008, 17:18
oki, those would have to be built into the nek structure. If they were based on other countries it might still hold fast. Try it and see if cfs3 reads it.

Squiffy
December 1st, 2008, 20:49
Hmmm, the FM for the old hurricanes has me a little dissappointed. I find that too often and too easily the darn thing goes into an accellerated unrecoverable spin. It's so bad and totally imaginary that you can literally almost hover over the ground as the kite magically spins round and round drifting over the rooftops waiting to hit the ground and then magically respawn again locked into it's spin without a hitch (invulnerable mode of course) Some might say "too bad" you lost control. Or it's CFS3 zombie roll. I say BS!!! :censored: The thing snaps WAY to easily and the variable flaps should help in turns. The Hurri could out turn a 109, but it was slower and under gunned against the cannon versions. It's way too squirrely and everybody knows it. Yeah I'm ranting but late at night is no time to discover these things. It' supposed to be fun. The hurri was never known as a scary plane. I have lots of practice in the BOB versions from a couple years ago. I ran into this on the CAS missions in 1940 campaign.

stink -> :bs:

Brainless
December 2nd, 2008, 10:05
Err..guys I think I may have spoken too soon. Whilst the Firepower B17G & B17G, Ta152C-1, TA152H-1 & Ta 154b seem to be fine the Firepower Ta 154 crashes the sim to desktop when I select it and the Ta 183,and both Lancaster kites have cockpit gauge parts missing. I would guess there must be other bits and pieces that the Firepower installer adds which are not not immediately apparent. Does anyone have any idea what these might be?

I have looked in the route folder and elsewhere but nothing jumps out as an obvious remedy.

Guys I think I might be on the way to having this sorted as I have found the 'new gauges' in the (copy Firepower add-on I have) shared aircraft folder. This has put the missing gauges back into the Lancaster . I'm still working on the Ta 154. I suspect this is either missing weapons or gauges but still trying to find the answer.

If anyone knows more than me about this ( O.K you all know more than me) please post soon.

All the best.

grizzly50
December 2nd, 2008, 10:50
:kilroy:Brainless, yes, but you will probably need to copy and paste the contents only from the Firepower weapons, pylons, guns, shared (in the aircraft folder), sounds, and fxtextures (it's in the effects folder) folders into the same named folders in ETO. DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO BE OVERWRITTEN! You will also need to copy and paste lines from the Firepower effects.xml into the ETO effects.xml. The best way to do this is to make a copy of the Stock CFS3 effects.xml somewhere and copy the Firepower effe3cts.xml somewhere else and compare the two in order to isolate the lines that are different in the Firepower effects.xml. After you have isolated these different lines in the Firepower effects.xml, the copy and paste them into the ETO effects.xml, at the bottom, above the last line, </Effects>. ALWAYS BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU INTEND TO CHANGE OR REPLACE IN ANOTHER LOCATION. It will save a lot of headaches later. Run the ETO BDP Zapper after you have done all of this, and before you start the game again. Also, it may be very wise NOT to bring over any missions from the Firepower install.:d

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2008, 11:37
Griz I would think that it would be much simplier to just subsitute the fp weapon loadouts with eto(AvH) weapon equivalent loadouts in the xdp.

:kilroy:Brainless, yes, but you will probably need to copy and paste the contents only from the Firepower weapons, pylons, guns, shared (in the aircraft folder), sounds, and fxtextures (it's in the effects folder) folders into the same named folders in ETO. DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO BE OVERWRITTEN! You will also need to copy and paste lines from the Firepower effects.xml into the ETO effects.xml. The best way to do this is to make a copy of the Stock CFS3 effects.xml somewhere and copy the Firepower effe3cts.xml somewhere else and compare the two in order to isolate the lines that are different in the Firepower effects.xml. After you have isolated these different lines in the Firepower effects.xml, the copy and paste them into the ETO effects.xml, at the bottom, above the last line, </Effects>. ALWAYS BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU INTEND TO CHANGE OR REPLACE IN ANOTHER LOCATION. It will save a lot of headaches later. Run the ETO BDP Zapper after you have done all of this, and before you start the game again.:d

grizzly50
December 2nd, 2008, 11:53
:kilroy:Yes, rbp71854, it would be simpler. I had only suggested it this way because, in this way, I think he should be able to bring in the B-29 and use the nukes. Not historic, to be sure, but it may be interesting. If not, I stand corrected. Thanks.:d

Squiffy
December 2nd, 2008, 11:59
OK, some practice helps of course. My Cougar stick needs a rebuild. Man the play in the gimbals is aweful. Got to look into that. The torque figures are screwed up somehow in some of these planes. Love to get that corrected.

gosd
December 2nd, 2008, 14:18
For some reason the French pilot la_melee does not appear in the french uniform that is the characters folder.
He appears in the default uniform RAF.
Is this a question of using the right era ?

Squiffy
December 3rd, 2008, 08:16
No gosd, I think the cutscenes file got overlooked past the original a_ b_ g_ entries. A set needs to be addedf or each airfield type under each nationality. It wont be a problem on the continent since they are standardized. Now if Germany wins your BOB, that could be a problem.
:wavey:

oki
December 3rd, 2008, 08:27
eh...

Brainless
December 4th, 2008, 09:04
:kilroy:Brainless, yes, but you will probably need to copy and paste the contents only from the Firepower weapons, pylons, guns, shared (in the aircraft folder), sounds, and fxtextures (it's in the effects folder) folders into the same named folders in ETO. DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO BE OVERWRITTEN! You will also need to copy and paste lines from the Firepower effects.xml into the ETO effects.xml. The best way to do this is to make a copy of the Stock CFS3 effects.xml somewhere and copy the Firepower effe3cts.xml somewhere else and compare the two in order to isolate the lines that are different in the Firepower effects.xml. After you have isolated these different lines in the Firepower effects.xml, the copy and paste them into the ETO effects.xml, at the bottom, above the last line, </Effects>. ALWAYS BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU INTEND TO CHANGE OR REPLACE IN ANOTHER LOCATION. It will save a lot of headaches later. Run the ETO BDP Zapper after you have done all of this, and before you start the game again. Also, it may be very wise NOT to bring over any missions from the Firepower install.:d

Thanks guys for the useful advice provided. I have copied only the aircraft,the 'new gauges' (in aircraft shared folder) and the Firepower specific weapons and pylons. Now everthing seems to run fine. I have deliberately not copied all the firepower 'bits' e.g.effects etc. to keep the ETO intregity but someone else might disagree with that view.

I'm not at all sure I agree with the Firepower 'more realistic' revisions as whilst I'm sure their research and alterations are as accurate as they say the AI behaviour is in my view not that realistic especially the flying charateristics of the bombers and since this has a big impact on outcomes and flying ( as I always do ) as one of the formation team I am presently content with the default settings.

I know that some of the default damage modeling is unrealistic and it's difficult to find a balance but I'm still comparing things between the two versions.

Thanks again for the heads up on how to do the Firepower transfers.

All the best

Brainless
December 5th, 2008, 12:57
Just a quick question guys on the latest ETO install.

What 'bits & bobs' do I need to make the 'bomb explosions' and 'red flares' work?

I know I need the 'facility' files but I think other ones are needed.

Your advice on this would be much appreciated.

All the best

gwar
December 6th, 2008, 09:36
Im having a lot of trouble downloading this, as it tends to stop downloading. Is there any ther location I can obtain this mod?:banghead:

grizzly50
December 6th, 2008, 09:56
:kilroy:Gwar, the proper link for ETO Expansion 1.0 is in Post #100 in this very thread.

Here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=862&page=5

Click on the link, then you can download the download manager. Then you can begin dowloading. This is supposed to be a very good downloading system. No one has reported any trouble with this one.

If you're using dial-up or wireless, good luck.

After you download and install ETO Expansion 1.02, you will need the ETO Expansion Update 1.02.

Here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=4040 Look in Post #2. It's the same type of link and works the same way.

There had been a DVD swap program in place here, but I think it was stopped in favor of this system.

I you need one, just post it here, and maybe someone can help you out.:d

Brainless
December 6th, 2008, 12:20
Just a quick question guys on the latest ETO install.

What 'bits & bobs' do I need to make the 'bomb explosions' and 'red flares' work?

I know I need the 'facility' files but I think other ones are needed.

Your advice on this would be much appreciated.

All the best

O.K. guys I've sorted this one. Had everthing in place so I thought, facility file & fx effects, but still it didn't work. Then I found the 'bomb explosions' blighter in the vehicle folder and it all works fine now.

Love the xmas scenery BTW.

Cheers & beers

Brainless
December 7th, 2008, 11:59
Hi guys. (yes it's me again)

I’ve got a bit of a problem with the ETO airbases.

In my instal in the ACC airbase list (in the ETO main folder) there is only one USAAF airbase listed which is USAAF Rattlesden. However when the 1942 era is opened (in fact any era after 1942) the Quick Combat shows the USAAF Rattlesden location as ‘fowe66’ which I guess you all know is the Fowlmere ID. If you press the fly button the game CTDs which you would expect.

There are in fact three USAAF airbases in the game (qclocations) USAAF Rattlesden, USAAF Rackheath & USAAF North Pickenham . All these show in Quick Combat locations as ‘fowe66’ which obviously isn’t right.

There are two other ACC airfields AAF 121 & AAF143 in the ACC list of airbases. I’m not sure which airbases these refer to and thought one was Bassingbourn (AAF 121) which incidentally shows up as grass runways in all eras but again I think this is not right. I’m not sure if this is correct but I thought (probably wrongly) that Bassingbourn was a major US base with tarmac/concrete runways in WWII.

Anyway I have obviously done a ‘Brainless’ with something not installing properly but I can’t find a solution. I don’t know if the USAAF Rackheath & USAAF North Pickenham bases are supposed to be ACC ones or are in the folder somewhere else. It’s all a bit of a puzzle to a half wit like me! All the three USAAF airbase are in the qclocations list & Global Layer list.

Can someone please check their instal and advise if they have all three ACC USAAF airbases in which case I’ve got at least two missing!!

grizzly50
December 7th, 2008, 12:56
:kilroy:Brainless, Here you go:

1. Rattlesden is the only USAAF field in Era 3.

2. North Pickenham, Rackheath, and Rattlesden are the only USAAF fields in Eras 4 and 5.

3. Bassingbourn is correct for Eras 1 & 2.

4. Bassingbourn changes appearance beginning in Era 1.

The set of airfields changes from Era to Era. If you change Eras when on one airfield, there is often no guarantee that the same airfield is in another Era.

Look at the Location window on the left side of the screen after you change Eras. In your case, you saw "fowe66", which is the internal ID for Fowlmere. It appears there because Fowlmere was there before you switched Eras and changed fields again. Four lower-case letters and two digits indicates that the airfield in question either does not exist in the new Era, or was the last field location before the switch, because the field you just left behind is not in the new Era.

The best way to handle this in the future is to set the airfield to one that appears in all Eras.

This is very simple, Fowlmere is common in all five Eras, and is also the default field in Stock CFS3. Simply remember to set the field location to Fowlmere before you exit the game, and you shouldn't have this problem again. This is what I always do. Believe me when I say that I'vew had this problem, too, and it can be quite aggravating.

I hope that this helps.:d

rbp71854
December 7th, 2008, 14:02
11. What happens if I exit out of QC from an airfield that is not in the next Era I choose?
You need to make sure that you select another airfield before clicking on the FLY button.
If you don't you will get the floating hourglass or the sim will CTD. If you get the floating hourglass you can recover by immediately selecting the options pull down menu and Exit the game.

Brainless
December 8th, 2008, 09:54
:kilroy:Brainless, Here you go:

1. Rattlesden is the only USAAF field in Era 3.

2. North Pickenham, Rackheath, and Rattlesden are the only USAAF fields in Eras 4 and 5.

3. Bassingbourn is correct for Eras 1 & 2.

4. Bassingbourn changes appearance beginning in Era 1.

The set of airfields changes from Era to Era. If you change Eras when on one airfield, there is often no guarantee that the same airfield is in another Era.

Look at the Location window on the left side of the screen after you change Eras. In your case, you saw "fowe66", which is the internal ID for Fowlmere. It appears there because Fowlmere was there before you switched Eras and changed fields again. Four lower-case letters and two digits indicates that the airfield in question either does not exist in the new Era, or was the last field location before the switch, because the field you just left behind is not in the new Era.

The best way to handle this in the future is to set the airfield to one that appears in all Eras.

This is very simple, Fowlmere is common in all five Eras, and is also the default field in Stock CFS3. Simply remember to set the field location to Fowlmere before you exit the game, and you shouldn't have this problem again. This is what I always do. Believe me when I say that I'vew had this problem, too, and it can be quite aggravating.

I hope that this helps.:d

Thanks Grizzly 50 for the kind advice which didn't help because I had forgetten to press the scenery swapper 'thingy' in the 'global layer' folder.:redf:

I spent about a day going thro' all the global layer and qclocation entries trying to find an error which of course didn't exist:banghead:

I just pressed the 'swapper' and everything fell into place with the right Bassingbourn runways etc. etc. It's all just brilliant when you have it right:applause:

Now you know why I'm 'Brainless' here and elsewhere.

Thanks again for doing your best to help a complete idiot!

gosd
December 12th, 2008, 18:05
Hello guys,
I am stuck in era 5 ,every time I try to start the game it comes out to era 5 even if I choose another era like era 1.
So how can I correct this ?

gosd
December 12th, 2008, 19:06
Correction, it`s only the era screen that is stuc in era 5. When I select an era all the missions are there exept the era screen does not change from one era to another anymore.:isadizzy:

grizzly50
December 12th, 2008, 19:24
Correction, it`s only the era screen that is stuc in era 5. When I select an era all the missions are there exept the era screen does not change from one era to another anymore.:isadizzy:

:kilroy:Gosd, try this: Start in Era 5, go to Quick Combat, and click FLY. Then hit Esc and choose End Mission on the right-hand side of the screen. Then Quit CFS3.

Now do all that again, a second time, while setting for Era 5 yet again.

Note: This will usually work. If it was stuck in another Era, you would try this same procedure in that other Era.

If this procedure does not work, go into the CFS3 ETO Expansion main folder and look for a folder named "CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs". Go into this READMEs folder and look for a file named "ERA Files Restore.rtf". Read this very carefully and follow the instructions exactly. This will fix the problem without having to uninstall and re-install the game.

If you need any further assistance, please PM me here at SOH and I'll try to help you out. Good luck.:d

grizzly50
December 12th, 2008, 22:14
:kilroy:To all, especially those of you who are having FRP issues, there is help.

In the CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs folder is a document titled "CFS3 ETO EXPANSION FAQ.rtf". This is an excerpt from that document:

"16. I get a lot of stutter and low FPS.. What can I do? In the assets/highres dds folder, there is a dds file called scenerysheet01.dds. Rename it to highres_scenerysheet01.dds. There is also a dds file called lowres_scenerysheet01.dds, change that to scenerysheet01.dds. You should see an improvement. You can also switch the aircraft textures from high resolution to low resolution.
You can also turn down your sliders in the cfs3config file".

Always be sure to backup everything you intend to replace or change.:d

Aceaviator91
December 14th, 2008, 13:20
Hello,
I instaled 1.0 but there is one problem... im not sure how to make it run :redf:

When i click ETO Start and select my era the "Splash screen" for the era comes up, but then nothing. So i do a CTRL ALT DELETE to see how its doing and its allways non-responsive.

How do i fix this? Did i do something wrong? Thank you very much for this mod btw

Foute Man
December 14th, 2008, 14:57
Boys and Girls

The ETO test team did some overtime this week to get the following job done: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5881

Special thanks to grizzly50 and tailwind for their efforts

:friday: :ernae:

groeten

Aceaviator91
December 14th, 2008, 19:12
oh cool ill down load them tomarrow.

And sorry about the first post there, i was impatient. :kilroy:
After letting it sit for about 5 mins it loaded up :costumes:

Foute Man
December 14th, 2008, 20:01
oh cool ill down load them tomarrow.

And sorry about the first post there, i was impatient. :kilroy:
After letting it sit for about 5 mins it loaded up :costumes:

I've said some very dirty things to my PC myself when things did not come up. First time loading takes a while, should go faster next time I guess

Aceaviator91
December 15th, 2008, 06:00
I've said some very dirty things to my PC myself when things did not come up. First time loading takes a while, should go faster next time I guess

Haha, I think we have all been there one time or another :costumes:

But one thing I'v noticed with ETO that im kind of split on is the planes.

Well, Not the planes them selves but the colors. I Do like the custom skins, it makes the plane look much more authentic. But you cant change some paint, and when you add nose art it doesnt always go over top of the "skin noes art".

Any plans on tweaking this in the future?

I would have liked to see a more "customize" feature. Like, being able to pick which parts of the plane you want a color and how far along the plane it goes. An example would be selecting Yellow for the nose and then selecting how far you want the paint to go. Like from the nose cone to the windsheild.

Do you think this could be a possibility?

But over all im rellay happy with it. :d

Foute Man
December 15th, 2008, 09:16
Haha, I think we have all been there one time or another :costumes:

But one thing I'v noticed with ETO that im kind of split on is the planes.

Well, Not the planes them selves but the colors. I Do like the custom skins, it makes the plane look much more authentic. But you cant change some paint, and when you add nose art it doesnt always go over top of the "skin noes art".

Any plans on tweaking this in the future?

I would have liked to see a more "customize" feature. Like, being able to pick which parts of the plane you want a color and how far along the plane it goes. An example would be selecting Yellow for the nose and then selecting how far you want the paint to go. Like from the nose cone to the windsheild.

Do you think this could be a possibility?

But over all im rellay happy with it. :d

Some aircraft have an un-edited mos-file which will enable you to choose various nose-art, id-letters and colorbands. This was a stock CFS 3 feature, but wasn't appreciated that much by some members of the modding community (including me) because it corrupted the looks of custom made textures. For this reason most (if not all) standalones have the color, letter and nose-art tag removed from the mos file.

I know the Desert Rats have tried to bring back these features, but I'm not an expert in MAW aircraft so I can't tell you which aircraft we're talking about.

I also know Microsoft never released a tutorial/SDK for the noseart, color and lettertags.

The easiest way to get an aircraft in the colours you want is to paint it yourself and make a standalone with your new textures. Some templates for various aircraft have been made available (think about Wildbat's textures) for the CFS 3 Community

Good luck

Aceaviator91
December 15th, 2008, 09:45
Oh ok, thanks for the info.

One other question,
Can i still play CFS3 (regular) IP games if i start up CFS3?
Or would I have to uninstall/delete ETO?

thanks.

Foute Man
December 15th, 2008, 11:49
Oh ok, thanks for the info.
One other question,
Can i still play CFS3 (regular) IP games if i start up CFS3?
Or would I have to uninstall/delete ETO?

thanks.

After installing ETO according to the manual you have two different games on your HD: CFS 3 and CFS3 ETO Expansion and you should be able to run them seperately

gwar
December 16th, 2008, 00:02
just finished installing this and a couple of mud moving missions,

WOW! nice work guys, the 45 minute long installation was worth it, lol.
now I guess I should install the update,,,,

grizzly50
December 16th, 2008, 05:33
just finished installing this and a couple of mud moving missions,

WOW! nice work guys, the 45 minute long installation was worth it, lol.
now I guess I should install the update,,,,

:kilroy:Gwar, yes, you should, especially if you want to play online. When installing, be sure to remember Rule #1: Always start ETO in Era 1 and exit before installing anything. Good luck.:d

scoutII
December 23rd, 2008, 18:10
Anybody install ETO on same drive as FSX and screw up FSX? ETO runs fine - NICE! Have a error - Error 1324 the path Program Files contains invalid character - when I start FSX. - all CFS3,PTO,OFF,MAW run fine.....Thanks

FSX and ETO,PTO on E drive if that means anything - also can't uninstall FSX - Get the same message??

scoutII
December 26th, 2008, 10:17
All good - Windows installer problem.....

gosd
December 30th, 2008, 10:53
I loaded the ZeppelinL30 in ETO, but everytime I try to fly the craft the game shut`s down. Can something be done? I loaded the craft after running ETO erea 1.

grizzly50
December 30th, 2008, 12:00
I loaded the ZeppelinL30 in ETO, but everytime I try to fly the craft the game shut`s down. Can something be done? I loaded the craft after running ETO erea 1.

Gosd, it sounds like something is missing: guns, weapons, pylons, engine sounds, and/or shared files.

freddienet
January 1st, 2009, 04:52
Hey guys, I been gone a long time. Probably a year or more. Been playing Xbox 360. But I missed CFS3. Whats with the Expansion pack 1.0. I am downloading it now, what's the 1.02 version. Do I need both.
I am playing CFS3 on a 50" HDTV with ATI 165O agp card, DVI to HDMI, AMD 4400 2/core/ 2 gigs ram. Graphics look grainy. HDTV will only go to 60 Htz. Any suggestions. Soory for the double post
Thanks,
Freddie

grizzly50
January 1st, 2009, 06:29
Hey guys, I been gone a long time. Probably a year or more. Been playing Xbox 360. But I missed CFS3. Whats with the Expansion pack 1.0. I am downloading it now, what's the 1.02 version. Do I need both.
I am playing CFS3 on a 50" HDTV with ATI 165O agp card, DVI to HDMI, AMD 4400 2/core/ 2 gigs ram. Graphics look grainy. HDTV will only go to 60 Htz. Any suggestions. Soory for the double post
Thanks,
Freddie

:kilroy:Welcome back to CFS3 , Freddienet.

ETO Expansion 1.0 is a complete overhaul of CFS3. It does not even remotely look like the original. The moment you see it up and running, you will most assuredly see the difference. There is more of everything: airfields, planes, facilities, docks/harbors, effects, you name it. And all very nicely , I might. The entire sim is a work of art. The 1.02 Update is a necessity for you to get the full immersion factor of this sim.

There are people here who can help you with ETO, if you need it, including myself.

As far as your computer issues are concerned, I cannot say. However, there have been some issues with CFS3 and AMD dual core. I believe there are are a few people here who can help you with that if you have problems with that.

Good luck.:d

dlawrence1950
January 1st, 2009, 13:05
Is there an update for the this expansion addon and if so where can I get it?

I have been enjoying this conversion of the stock CFS3 tremendoulsy.

To all of the individuals who worked on putting this addon together I personnally say "Fantastic Work" :ernae:

grizzly50
January 1st, 2009, 14:06
Is there an update for the this expansion addon and if so where can I get it?

I have been enjoying this conversion of the stock CFS3 tremendoulsy.

To all of the individuals who worked on putting this addon together I personnally say "Fantastic Work" :ernae:

:kilroy:Dlawrence1950, looks like I gotta post this again.

Look for Post #100 in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=862&page=5 This is for CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0, the main game.

Then go to this thread and and look for Post #2: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=4040, the first viable major Update.

Both of these links are for downloaders. If you already have CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0, then all you need is the 1.02 Update, the second thread shown in this post.

Note: Please do not forget to set ETO Expansion to Era 1 and then exit before installing this Update. Good luck and have fun.:d

Fluffdaddy
January 2nd, 2009, 17:51
Hello all

Returning to CFS3 and WW2 flight sims after many years. Saw ETO mentioned at simhq and decided to give it a try.

Problem:redf:

I set 1.0 ETO Expansion to Era 1 and then exit before installing the 1.02 Update. But ETO still says version 1.0 when I enter the sim.........what am I missing??

Do I have to enter all the way into v1.0 then exit?

Do I Fly a mission then exit.................what?

Thanks
Fluff

Once I get up and going I hope to be an participation member :wiggle:

grizzly50
January 2nd, 2009, 18:37
:kilroy:Fluffdaddy,

You installed 1.0 and then the Update, right? When I start after installation I always take it all the way into Quick Combat before exiting.

Then when you ty to start it after installing the Update, the splashscreen still says 1.0?

if you did, it's probably not you. Just a little text error on the splashscreen. "1.02" was omitted, is all.

If you have any other problems or questions, please be sure to post them here.

Good luck and have fun.:d

Fluffdaddy
January 2nd, 2009, 19:01
You installed 1.0 and then the Update, right?

Yes

When I start after installation I always take it all the way into Quick Combat before exiting.

I did the same

Then when you ty to start it after installing the Update, the splashscreen still says 1.0?

Yes

if you did, it's probably not you. Just a little text error on the splashscreen. "1.02" was omitted, is all.

Thank you for your post:applause:

jackstem
January 5th, 2009, 18:14
OK...I finally have ETO installed and I can get everything rolling until I click "FLY" (Quick Combat). Then the Vista "Circle" starts (like the old hourglass on other versions of Windows)...and then the program crashes.

Here is the error message I get:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: cfs3.exe
Application Version: 3.1.0.30203
Application Timestamp: 3e3ebe85
Fault Module Name: cfs3.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.1.0.30203
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e3ebe85
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00111d2b
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 46b8
Additional Information 2: a4ca2e37bf7a0e04c10bd854545c3038
Additional Information 3: 13d2
Additional Information 4: 3be197bedb45f9b995ed197ed513c4f1

Suggestions?

Thanks...what graphics I do see look awesome! It's killing me not being able to fly. HELP!

Jack

Donkey
January 10th, 2009, 15:50
Having some trouble here too. Installed ETO and the 1.02 patch. The game starts, I select a campaign. Problem occurs on flying a mission (tried several different missions). The mission starts, then as soon as I take off, after like a minute into the mission, the whole game just shuts down. It doesn't freeze or give me an error, it just completely quits. Any ideas??

Thanks!!

rbp71854
January 10th, 2009, 15:59
Do you have your UAC turned off? Try that, but before you go back onto the internet turn the UAC back on.

OK...I finally have ETO installed and I can get everything rolling until I click "FLY" (Quick Combat). Then the Vista "Circle" starts (like the old hourglass on other versions of Windows)...and then the program crashes.

Here is the error message I get:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: cfs3.exe
Application Version: 3.1.0.30203
Application Timestamp: 3e3ebe85
Fault Module Name: cfs3.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.1.0.30203
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e3ebe85
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00111d2b
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 46b8
Additional Information 2: a4ca2e37bf7a0e04c10bd854545c3038
Additional Information 3: 13d2
Additional Information 4: 3be197bedb45f9b995ed197ed513c4f1

Suggestions?

Thanks...what graphics I do see look awesome! It's killing me not being able to fly. HELP!

Jack

rbp71854
January 10th, 2009, 16:01
Sounds like a memory, heat problem, or setting the wrong spawns for the campaign.. 1st try boosting the size of your virutal memory(swap file) to over 2 times the size of your installed memory.

When in campairn mode make sure you select the correct spawn set before starting the campaign.

Having some trouble here too. Installed ETO and the 1.02 patch. The game starts, I select a campaign. Problem occurs on flying a mission (tried several different missions). The mission starts, then as soon as I take off, after like a minute into the mission, the whole game just shuts down. It doesn't freeze or give me an error, it just completely quits. Any ideas??

Thanks!!

Donkey
January 10th, 2009, 17:32
Thanks for the tips! I will try out your suggestions and post the outcome.

Sounds like a memory, heat problem, or setting the wrong spawns for the campaign.. 1st try boosting the size of your virutal memory(swap file) to over 2 times the size of your installed memory.

When in campairn mode make sure you select the correct spawn set before starting the campaign.

Donkey
January 10th, 2009, 18:05
The swap file was already set to twice my physical memory (2046-4092). I did obviously not read enough to know that I should do the spawn selector first, but that seemed to have done the trick!! Thanks a bunch for clearing that up!!

I have a new one though. I seem to not be able to change my armament for my mission. Even when I select a ground attack mission the only option I have is a "clean" setup. I will read and mess around some more, but in the meantime wanted to ask you this question as you may have heard the issue before.

Capt. Winters
January 10th, 2009, 18:34
I have a new one though. I seem to not be able to change my armament for my mission. Even when I select a ground attack mission the only option I have is a "clean" setup. I will read and mess around some more, but in the meantime wanted to ask you this question as you may have heard the issue before.

Hi Donkey,

are you playing a proper mission or selecting ground attack from the Quick Combat menu?

if selecting from the QC menu the plane you have selected may not have any extra ordanance available.

some planes like the spitfire Mk1 only have guns. the fact your seeing only clean as an option suggests to me your using a plane that only has guns.

what plane are you using during the mission?

regards Rob.

Donkey
January 10th, 2009, 20:58
Thanks for your prompt response! I do believe it is the Mk1 I am using. I will edit this post after I made sure.

**EDIT**
Indeed, it is the Hurricane Mk1. Had no idea it only carried guns. I will just make sure to select the appropriate missions for that.
Thank you all for helping me out!!

CFS3/ETO noob salutes you!!

Hi Donkey,

are you playing a proper mission or selecting ground attack from the Quick Combat menu?

if selecting from the QC menu the plane you have selected may not have any extra ordanance available.

some planes like the spitfire Mk1 only have guns. the fact your seeing only clean as an option suggests to me your using a plane that only has guns.

what plane are you using during the mission?

regards Rob.

jackstem
January 12th, 2009, 12:08
Do you have your UAC turned off? Try that, but before you go back onto the internet turn the UAC back on.

I reinstalled everything last evening while I was watching a movie. It all works fine and looks really great!

I think the problem was I didn't let the install program actually install everything. Being a typical American, I jumped on things when I THOUGHT it was finished instead of being sure. After this last install I knew it would work because all of the links were on the desktop...which hadn't happened before. Patience isn't one of my best qualities.

Thanks for all the input and all the worj you guys did to get ETO out there! It's awesome!

Jack

bad rooster
January 13th, 2009, 08:47
call me a stupid or what

i have download the ETO exspansion
but must i start with a clean cfs3
and well it work with the ubisoft exclusive CFS3?

Grumpy123
January 13th, 2009, 11:05
Can I add new planes to ETO? I want to replace the FW-190 and P-51 with something better.

grizzly50
January 13th, 2009, 11:18
call me a stupid or what

i have download the ETO exspansion
but must i start with a clean cfs3
and well it work with the ubisoft exclusive CFS3?

:kilroy:Bad Rooster, yes, you do. A clean, unmodded, vanilla install (with CFS3 Updates 3.1 and 3.1a) of CFS3 is highly recommended and necessary for successful installation of CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0. I can't say about the Ubisoft CFS3. Isn't the Ubisoft version already updated to 3.1? Someone else here may know the answer to that one. If you have any problems or questions, please post here again. Good luck.:d

grizzly50
January 13th, 2009, 11:23
Can I add new planes to ETO? I want to replace the FW-190 and P-51 with something better.

:kilroy:Grumpy123, you sure can! Just make sure you get and install anything and everything noted by the author(s) of the add-on aircraft that is required for the operation of that add-on aircraft.

I would recommend that you not remove the stock CFS3 ETO aircraft from your install, especially if you intend to play online. Be sure to post here if you have any other questions or problems. Good luck and have fun.:d

bad rooster
January 13th, 2009, 11:55
hey thanks

Grizzly50

Grumpy123
January 14th, 2009, 03:46
I'm having crashes with the new ETO expansion. I choose the spawns for the Attack on the West campaign Axis side, then choose the same in the era selector (1939-1940). I choose the Attack in the West in the campaign mode.

Shortly after takeoff the game crashes to the Vista desktop. There is no error message. I do not have the same problems if I choose a different campaign (i.e. the 1943 campaign).

Is there any help for me? Do you need some more details to diagnose the problem?

Something interesting I have also noticed is that when I select the spawn type there is a long string of Access Denied after I choose. I tried the same thing but running it as the administrator. As the administrator I didn't recieve that message. I'm totally new to Vista so am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Grumpy123
January 15th, 2009, 03:59
I'm having crashes with the new ETO expansion. I choose the spawns for the Attack on the West campaign Axis side, then choose the same in the era selector (1939-1940). I choose the Attack in the West in the campaign mode.

Shortly after takeoff the game crashes to the Vista desktop. There is no error message. I do not have the same problems if I choose a different campaign (i.e. the 1943 campaign).

Is there any help for me? Do you need some more details to diagnose the problem?

Something interesting I have also noticed is that when I select the spawn type there is a long string of Access Denied after I choose. I tried the same thing but running it as the administrator. As the administrator I didn't recieve that message. I'm totally new to Vista so am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I reinstalled ETO and these problems went away.

trucker
January 16th, 2009, 08:54
I can't get it to run properly. I select a spawn era and (if I am reading it right because it's going so fast) it states that the system cannot find the file,.."I think"

Anyway, all ERA's run fine/change out preoperly but the spawn selector doesn't. Does any one have any idea?

Is this what it's supposed to look like?

ECHO 2. RANDOM SPAWN DISABLE
ECHO.
ECHO 3. ALLIED SIDE ETO CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 4. AXIS SIDE ETO CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 5. ALLIED SIDE ATTACK IN THE WEST CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 6. AXIS SIDE ATTACK IN THE WEST CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 7. ALLIED SIDE PHONEY WAR CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 8. AXIS SIDE PHONEY WAR CAMPAIGN
SET CHOICE=
ECHO.
SET /p choice=PLEASE SELECT THE SPAWNS DESIRED BY TYPING THE NUMBER AND THEN ENTER
ECHO.
ECHO.
IF NOT '%choice%'=='' SET CHOICE=%choice:~0,1%
IF '%choice%'=='1' GOTO SPAWNS
IF '%choice%'=='2' GOTO NOSPAWNS
IF '%choice%'=='3' GOTO ALETO
IF '%choice%'=='4' GOTO AXETO
IF '%choice%'=='5' GOTO ALWEST
IF '%choice%'=='6' GOTO AXWEST
IF '%choice%'=='7' GOTO ALPW
IF '%choice%'=='8' GOTO AXPW
ECHO.
ECHO "%choice%" IS NOT VALID CHOICE PLEASE TRY AGAIN
ECHO.
:SPAWNS
CALL "01 Legacy Mode.bat"
GOTO :SUCCESS
:NOSPAWNS
CALL "02 No spawns.bat"
:ALETO
CALL "05 ETO Campaign ALLIED Side.bat"
:AXETO
CALL "05 ETO Campaign AXIS Side.bat"
:ALWEST
CALL "04 Attack in the West ALLIED Side.bat"
:AXWEST
CALL "04 Attack in the West AXIS Side.bat"
:ALPW
CALL "03 Phoney War ALLIED Side.bat"
:AXPW
CALL "03 Phoney War AXIS Side.bat"
:SUCCESS

Please?

Trucker out:

rbp71854
January 16th, 2009, 10:30
It appears that something has happened and you have a corrupted spawn set.

Did you utilize the Backup utility to save your original era files? If you did then you have the complete spawn folder in your ETO Backup files and you can follow the readme directions and re-install the original spawn files.

If you did not backup up the ETO Era files then you have a couple of options.
1.Reinstall the ETO.

2. Extract the eto install files to a dummy folder and then remove your existing spawn folder and copy and paste the spawn folder to your ETO Theater install.

In both cases you will have to run the ETO update(s) to also install any additional spawns included in subsequent add ons to the ETO.

I can't get it to run properly. I select a spawn era and (if I am reading it right because it's going so fast) it states that the system cannot find the file,.."I think"

Anyway, all ERA's run fine/change out preoperly but the spawn selector doesn't. Does any one have any idea?

Is this what it's supposed to look like?

ECHO 2. RANDOM SPAWN DISABLE
ECHO.
ECHO 3. ALLIED SIDE ETO CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 4. AXIS SIDE ETO CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 5. ALLIED SIDE ATTACK IN THE WEST CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 6. AXIS SIDE ATTACK IN THE WEST CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 7. ALLIED SIDE PHONEY WAR CAMPAIGN
ECHO.
ECHO 8. AXIS SIDE PHONEY WAR CAMPAIGN
SET CHOICE=
ECHO.
SET /p choice=PLEASE SELECT THE SPAWNS DESIRED BY TYPING THE NUMBER AND THEN ENTER
ECHO.
ECHO.
IF NOT '%choice%'=='' SET CHOICE=%choice:~0,1%
IF '%choice%'=='1' GOTO SPAWNS
IF '%choice%'=='2' GOTO NOSPAWNS
IF '%choice%'=='3' GOTO ALETO
IF '%choice%'=='4' GOTO AXETO
IF '%choice%'=='5' GOTO ALWEST
IF '%choice%'=='6' GOTO AXWEST
IF '%choice%'=='7' GOTO ALPW
IF '%choice%'=='8' GOTO AXPW
ECHO.
ECHO "%choice%" IS NOT VALID CHOICE PLEASE TRY AGAIN
ECHO.
:SPAWNS
CALL "01 Legacy Mode.bat"
:NOSPAWNS
CALL "02 No spawns.bat"
:ALETO
CALL "05 ETO Campaign ALLIED Side.bat"
:AXETO
CALL "05 ETO Campaign AXIS Side.bat"
:ALWEST
CALL "04 Attack in the West ALLIED Side.bat"
:AXWEST
CALL "04 Attack in the West AXIS Side.bat"
:ALPW
CALL "03 Phoney War ALLIED Side.bat"
:AXPW
CALL "03 Phoney War AXIS Side.bat"
:SUCCESS

Please?

Trucker out:

trucker
January 17th, 2009, 03:48
Having trouble extracting/viewing files from the install. Can you email me the file?

Trucker out:

GeorgeRibeiro60
January 19th, 2009, 17:02
In any of the campaigns, one of the two aircraft on the base screen appears to be stuck under ground level, like it's partially buried in the ground. What's hapening here? Can this be fixed?

Nonato
January 20th, 2009, 00:15
In any of the campaigns, one of the two aircraft on the base screen appears to be stuck under ground level, like it's partially buried in the ground. What's hapening here? Can this be fixed?

Hi George

This is known as "mole" and it is probably due to some problems with the contact points of on the .xpd file of a particular model . There is a thread somewhere for fixing some of them but not all.

Cheers

Nonato

GeorgeRibeiro60
January 20th, 2009, 15:21
Hi George

This is known as "mole" and it is probably due to some problems with the contact points of on the .xpd file of a particular model . There is a thread somewhere for fixing some of them but not all.

Cheers

Nonato

Thanks. I figured this must have been discussed here before. I'm a "noobie" to this forum and there's so many thousands of posts. I found a fix when searching "mole" but the links all give expired url's.

GeorgeRibeiro60
January 20th, 2009, 15:33
I'm having a bit of trouble selecting "Spawn Selector" and "ETO Start" modes for the several campaigns that are available.

I've figured out for the "Battle in the West 1940" campaign to press:
Spawn selection number = 5 or 6
ETO start selection number = 1

Also the "Phoney War" is self explanatory. Having trouble with the others, so can anyone fill in the blanks for me?

Campaign "1943"
Spawn selector # = ___
ETO Start number = ___

Campaign "1944"
Spawn selector # = ___
ETO Start number = ___

Campaign "1945"
Spawn selector # = ___
ETO Start number = ___

Campaign "La forteresse europa"
Spawn selector # = ___
ETO Start number = ___

Campaign "NEK Redux ETO Edition"
Spawn selector # = ___
ETO Start number = ___

I would like to thank all who made this fine upgrade possible and anyone else here that's so gracious to answer
these "noobie" questions. I'm now in the process of re-learning how to fly at less than 100% power all the time, to
prevent engine damage. It seems that in the original CFS3 you could fly and fight all day long at 100% without
penalty.

htpcorsica
January 29th, 2009, 06:53
HI,

I installed MAW 1 1/2 months ago after installing a fresh copy of CFS3.1a and MAW has been working fine.
About a month ago i added a 3g aircraft to CFS3.1a to test it, that worked ok and still does as well as MAW.
Yesterday I installed ETO 1.2 by installing 1.0 first. I placed it on the same directory as MAW and CFS3.1a, I also changed the path in master eto st.bat and etoglswopper.bat to suite the new ETO install. I also typed in the dir. for ETO multiCFS3 in my documents.
After install was finished I zapped the BGL zapper.
I them started ETO 1.0 until it was running in era 1.
I then installed ETO 1.2 update in the same way.

The problem is when i start ETO 1.2 it runs ok then when i try to do a free flight to test it, it loads and the the screen goes black and terminates and goes back to my desktop.

So what have I done wrong, should i of installed CFS3.1a again from fresh?
I also am using "no cd" in CFS3.1a, oh and before installing ETO i removed the 3g aircraft from CFS3.1a

I hope someone can help and sorry if it is something stupidly simple that i haven't done right.

Snoopy51
February 1st, 2009, 06:59
Ok I have Vista and got CFS3 working by changing .exe name

But ETO won't work, which file or files should I rename to work with the above.

CrisGer
February 1st, 2009, 19:25
I saw this in the first post page about aircraft we can add:

It was decided by the team to limit the amount of aircraft. We recommend as a minimum to install all the available aircraft from AvH and Regs Hanger, plus the Ground Crew craft on Regs.

can someone please tell this shy noob where AvH and Regs Hanger are .....?? thanks

the noob

grizzly50
February 1st, 2009, 20:08
I saw this in the first post page about aircraft we can add:

can someone please tell this shy noob where AvH and Regs Hanger are .....?? thanks

the noob

:kilroy:CrisGer, sure can.

AvHistory is Here: http://avhistory.org/communityserver/default.aspx You have to register at AvHistory to download anything.

Reg's Hangar and Groundcrew are here: http://www.regshanger.com/

Good luck and have fun.:d

CrisGer
February 1st, 2009, 20:11
Thank you Grizzly50.i am a bit overwhelmed i had my head down in the trenches downloading and collecting planes, landscape and mods and studying CFS, CFS2, CFS3,and i just looked around and found OFF, MAW, ETO and PTO :) wow, what wonderful work! thanks so much ....

off to dl :) i found the ground crew ships and the Heinkel 111 hiding over on the Netwings library ... but i had no clue where Reg's or what AvH was....thanks so much.

dewoitine
March 1st, 2009, 09:35
Hye,
I have a problem.
When I put in "warping" or not, the game stops about 1 or 2 minutes.
I had just extract USA (for authentic).
Thanks for your answer.
Good flye.

danimalhanke
March 2nd, 2009, 08:32
Here's one for the devs. have a clean install of CFS3 v3.1a with ETO v1.02. If I select #1 and then try to fly the campaign it locks up i.e. everything stops, and then CTD's. The 1st mission is in a BE Glad flying a CAP. I can take off and fly just long enough to open the map once to check heading close the map then it stops or hangs or freezes or whatever it's called then it crashes and closes itself to the DT. It does this with or without the map step. Yes, this games runs fine and I even used config to set everything to safe with ALL options set to the lowest at 800x600 and still does it at about the same point.

Gateway FX-70020
cpu: amd phenom quad 2.3Ghz
6 gig ram
vista 32 bit (I know I know the 6 gig ram isn't used in the 32 bit version, I just like looking at it! LOL! Actually it is used, but by the video card)
nvdia gf-8800-gt 512 ram
2 5Gb hdd's
my machine ain't the problem it runs PTO, and almost a dozen other veriations of CFS3 without this particualr crash.

btw FouteMan's eto Do-17, He-111 and Bf-110 packages will need a few additional "shared" folders from MAW and others or at least mine did. I've added a few acft to ETO but not everything works. So what I've done to get around this is go into my CFS3 ETO________________ folder, sort by file type and then delete the bottom 3 files. CFS3 will recreate them and the game shouldn't crash.

any and all help will be appreciated.

TY

rbp71854
March 2nd, 2009, 16:24
1st why would you remove the 3 bottom files? Certainly they have some purpose.
Next you need to get all your add on aircraft working properly or remove them.
If you then still have CTDs I would recommend a total removal and then reinstall of the ETO making sure to follow the installation readmes to the letter.

Here's one for the devs. have a clean install of CFS3 v3.1a with ETO v1.02. If I select #1 and then try to fly the campaign it locks up i.e. everything stops, and then CTD's. The 1st mission is in a BE Glad flying a CAP. I can take off and fly just long enough to open the map once to check heading close the map then it stops or hangs or freezes or whatever it's called then it crashes and closes itself to the DT. It does this with or without the map step. Yes, this games runs fine and I even used config to set everything to safe with ALL options set to the lowest at 800x600 and still does it at about the same point.

Gateway FX-70020
cpu: amd phenom quad 2.3Ghz
6 gig ram
vista 32 bit (I know I know the 6 gig ram isn't used in the 32 bit version, I just like looking at it! LOL! Actually it is used, but by the video card)
nvdia gf-8800-gt 512 ram
2 5Gb hdd's
my machine ain't the problem it runs PTO, and almost a dozen other veriations of CFS3 without this particualr crash.

btw FouteMan's eto Do-17, He-111 and Bf-110 packages will need a few additional "shared" folders from MAW and others or at least mine did. I've added a few acft to ETO but not everything works. So what I've done to get around this is go into my CFS3 ETO________________ folder, sort by file type and then delete the bottom 3 files. CFS3 will recreate them and the game shouldn't crash.

any and all help will be appreciated.

TY

danimalhanke
March 3rd, 2009, 05:57
1st why would you remove the 3 bottom files? Certainly they have some purpose.
Next you need to get all your add on aircraft working properly or remove them.
If you then still have CTDs I would recommend a total removal and then reinstall of the ETO making sure to follow the installation readmes to the letter.

Free advice is worth exactly what you paid for it! Nothing!
Ok, only solutions which don't include the word re-install.

Since rbp71854 doesn't know, the files are removed to avoid complete re-installation of the game. Actually, only one file needs to be removed, the uisel.xml, this will allow a re-start after a CTD WITHOUT re-installing. If you need anymore knowledge rbp just let me know.

This is a campaign bug in AitW when starting as a brit flying BE Glads. I've never worked on camps and have no desire to learn, just thought the devs might like to know.

One last note: rbp I don't know why you wanted to insult me, but it's been my experience that ignorant people who feel self important assume they know what others are doing. Well, rbp you don't! Your only suggestion is to re-install and you have no clue why the files might be removed. Both of these tell me that you know VERY LITTLE about this game. I suggest that the next time you attempt to insult someone wiser and more educated than yourself, dont! You really look like an ass.

rbp71854
March 3rd, 2009, 08:28
My advice stands on first getting your install in order by having all aircraft working properly, etc.

Once that is done make sure to set your spawns to the proper setting before initiating campaign play.

Sorry you took offense, just asking the question why you would remove the files as it was a bit cloudy on which files you removed.

Since you wish to ignore some suggetions and insult my offer of help I will refrain from giving any additional ones in the future.

Free advice is worth exactly what you paid for it! Nothing!
Ok, only solutions which don't include the word re-install.

Since rbp71854 doesn't know, the files are removed to avoid complete re-installation of the game. Actually, only one file needs to be removed, the uisel.xml, this will allow a re-start after a CTD WITHOUT re-installing. If you need anymore knowledge rbp just let me know.

This is a campaign bug in AitW when starting as a brit flying BE Glads. I've never worked on camps and have no desire to learn, just thought the devs might like to know.

One last note: rbp I don't know why you wanted to insult me, but it's been my experience that ignorant people who feel self important assume they know what others are doing. Well, rbp you don't! Your only suggestion is to re-install and you have no clue why the files might be removed. Both of these tell me that you know VERY LITTLE about this game. I suggest that the next time you attempt to insult someone wiser and more educated than yourself, dont! You really look like an ass.

O-1Driver
March 3rd, 2009, 13:22
danimal,

Bob is giving you the same advice that I did in my response to your PM. The problems you are having are not present in an unmodded ETO.

At this point it is not possible for us to know what you have added or deleted and a reinstall may be the best option to restore your game.

As I told you in my PM start with a good ETO install and make sure everything is working properely before adding additional aircraft and mods, then add slowly and check each additional item for proper operation before adding additional items.

As for Bob, (RBP) he has forgotten more than I will ever know about the inner workings of ETO and is a very close personal friend. We have given you the best advice we can and neither of us intended our advice to you as an insult.

I hope you get your ETO problem figured out I know how aggravating it can be.

O-1

rbp71854
March 3rd, 2009, 15:46
Forgotten? Naw. Just placed it some place in the grey matter and can't readily find it. :) I fired up G-Max today to work on some runway lights for Harrington and had to refer to Clive's manual on how to import the bmp. sheez.

Rhythalion
March 3rd, 2009, 18:22
Hey guys, just putting in my suggestions. I had the same CTD that he describes when I started to play ETO a few days ago, on an unmodded and patched CFS3. I found I had the crash playing as the British, flying hurricanes, on the War in the West campaign, or whatever its called as my mind goes blank hehe. I have added no extra aircraft however.

I did a few things, and got it working, but havent bothered to check any of these to find exactly what one fixed it.

1. Installed the right spawn script for the right era/campaign. There were no real instructions or readme on which one to use or which one does what that I could find, would have been set on default before. (probably it?)

2. refrained from painting my personal aircraft (discovered it didn't seem work anyway, as they already had letters etc), now simply use Squadron aircraft (note, French Campaign worked/works fine choosing personal aircraft)

3. Set clouds to detail level 1 instead of 3... dunno why, I just did it haha.

Anyhow, I have no idea if they will affect it, but after changing those things, my British Campaign works fine. :wave:

rbp71854
March 4th, 2009, 02:04
R

Agreed that the campaign readme is not explicit in which spawn set to select when running campaign play.

I have revised the campaign readme in the readme folder and it will be included in the 1.20 update.

CFS3 ETO EXPANSION CAMPAIGN PLAY
To initiate campaign play you first select the spawn file group you wish to use by opening the ETO Spawn Selector shortcut. You then select the type of spawn configuration by typing in the number of your selection and then Enter. If you are an Allied player you choose the Allied spawn set for the campaign you are going to play. An Axis player would choose the Axis spawn set that goes with the selected campaign. i.e for the ETO Campaign one would choose "ALLIED SIDE ETO CAMPAIGN" spawn set for the Allied player.
Next you open the ETO Start shortcut and select the Theater Era that you wish to play. At the opening screen of ETO you then select campaign

cheers
Bob

Hey guys, just putting in my suggestions. I had the same CTD that he describes when I started to play ETO a few days ago, on an unmodded and patched CFS3. I found I had the crash playing as the British, flying hurricanes, on the War in the West campaign, or whatever its called as my mind goes blank hehe. I have added no extra aircraft however.

I did a few things, and got it working, but havent bothered to check any of these to find exactly what one fixed it.

1. Installed the right spawn script for the right era/campaign. There were no real instructions or readme on which one to use or which one does what that I could find, would have been set on default before. (probably it?)

2. refrained from painting my personal aircraft (discovered it didn't seem work anyway, as they already had letters etc), now simply use Squadron aircraft (note, French Campaign worked/works fine choosing personal aircraft)

3. Set clouds to detail level 1 instead of 3... dunno why, I just did it haha.

Anyhow, I have no idea if they will affect it, but after changing those things, my British Campaign works fine. :wave:

Pat Pattle
March 4th, 2009, 03:38
I have revised the campaign readme in the readme folder and it will be included in the 1.20 update.

Well spotted and sorted. :) I've run the w40 campaigns without a hitch btw, in fact my ETO install which only has a few extra a/c added plus some new mods has never (touch wood) suffered a ctd to date.

There seem to be only a few users suffering such problems which is good to hear. If any are down to the ETO itself then we'll always endeavour to fix them, but once installs start getting modded it's very difficult to track down faults.

I wish some posters would bear in mind that we all do this as a hobby and for free. PC's and software in general can be very frustrating things, getting shirty with the development team doesn't help anyone. :)

Rhythalion
March 4th, 2009, 21:14
I agree, I mod for Lord of the Rings - Total War, a fan mod of Rome - Total War, and I know what you mean about people getting shirty with the devs :friday:

danimalhanke
March 7th, 2009, 08:56
Yep, I was being an ass, bad day, I'm sorry for that and really do regret saying it. Please forgive me, I'm actually a kinda nice chap just lost my mind for a few hours!

Sorry about that

My advice stands on first getting your install in order by having all aircraft working properly, etc.

Once that is done make sure to set your spawns to the proper setting before initiating campaign play.

Sorry you took offense, just asking the question why you would remove the files as it was a bit cloudy on which files you removed.

Since you wish to ignore some suggetions and insult my offer of help I will refrain from giving any additional ones in the future.

remcoc
March 21st, 2009, 14:46
Hi guys,

I downloaded ETO 1.2 (I had the previous version installed) and tried to start. I made a mistake and tried to start in era 4 right away instead of starting the first time in era 1.

I'am using windows XP.

ETO doesn't want to start at all. I get the opening screen of era 1 and then everything stops. When I use the taskmanager I can see my pc is trying to start ETO. Then I can see the following message: CFS3 SplashWNd: not responding.

Do you guys have any idea what might go wrong? Is it best to make a complete new install, or are there other options?

I'am using windows XP

Thanks in advance!
RemcoC

rbp71854
March 21st, 2009, 15:14
I would suggest a clean re-install. Make sure to remove all references to ETO on your computer. You do not need to start the ETO between installing 1.0 and 1.20.

Hi guys,

I downloaded ETO 1.2 (I had the previous version installed) and tried to start. I made a mistake and tried to start in era 4 right away instead of starting the first time in era 1.

I'am using windows XP.

ETO doesn't want to start at all. I get the opening screen of era 1 and then everything stops. When I use the taskmanager I can see my pc is trying to start ETO. Then I can see the following message: CFS3 SplashWNd: not responding.

Do you guys have any idea what might go wrong? Is it best to make a complete new install, or are there other options?

I'am using windows XP

Thanks in advance!
RemcoC

remcoc
March 22nd, 2009, 10:35
Hi rbp71854,

It worked. Re-installing took me some time, but everything is running smoothly now!
Thanks for your help!

RemcoC

And it is really beautiful. I'am still surprised by all those details!

deanklef
March 23rd, 2009, 08:35
Will adding other aircraft other than what came with the ETO expansion cause problems? How about other missions?
Deanklef

rbp71854
March 23rd, 2009, 10:17
Adding addition aircraft only affects the ability to play
multiplay.

You will not be able to just add all missions to the ETO. Some may require editing. When adding missions care must be taken to make sure that airfields or items in the global layer called out in the mission are present in the ETO.

If they are not the same name just change the name in the mission to match the eto name by editing with a text editor such as notepad.

Will adding other aircraft other than what came with the ETO expansion cause problems? How about other missions?
Deanklef

deanklef
March 24th, 2009, 15:33
tHANKS,
WILL ADD A FEW pLANESTO ERA 1
dEANKLEF

rwmarth
March 25th, 2009, 17:56
Edited

gosd
April 3rd, 2009, 17:43
Hello guys,
I downloaded the 1.2 cuymulative update over a 1.02 version that was working perfectluy well.From that point on when I start the game I get the following message: "UnitData model name ai_do_217_e5_6nnp already used",and when I press ok the game shut's down .
So any idea how to correct this whitout doing a new instal ?

zaraspook
April 12th, 2009, 03:12
could not get update eto 1.20 to work.tried everything so i decided the original eto expansion dl was bad so i deleted it only to find out later that
eto 1.0 dl is no longer available .:help:

Tailwind
April 12th, 2009, 06:32
could not get update eto 1.20 to work.tried everything so i decided the original eto expansion dl was bad so i deleted it only to find out later that
eto 1.0 dl is no longer available .:help:

Here you go Z

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=10

Grab the 1.0 and 1.2. Before you install you have to make sure to delete ETO folders in three locations "My Documents", "C:\programfiles\microsoftgames" and C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft

To see the last one you need to have show hidden file enabled in tools\folderoptions\view. Make sure show hidden files and folders is checked.

When you install ETO run it in era1 before you install the 1.2 update.

Good luck man

TW

zaraspook
April 12th, 2009, 15:03
Here you go Z

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=10

Grab the 1.0 and 1.2. Before you install you have to make sure to delete ETO folders in three locations "My Documents", "C:\programfiles\microsoftgames" and C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft

To see the last one you need to have show hidden file enabled in tools\folderoptions\view. Make sure show hidden files and folders is checked.

When you install ETO run it in era1 before you install the 1.2 update.

Good luck man

TW

WHEN I HAD DL ABOUT 20% OF THE ETO 1.O FROM THE ABOVE SIGHT THE DL WAS STOPPED AND WAS TOLD THAT THIS DL WAS CURRUPT AND THAT MY NORTAN ANTI VIRUS HAD BLOCKED A VIRUS.
THANKS ANYWAYS FOR THE HELP
CFS3 IS GOOD ENOUGH :wavey::icon29:

Tailwind
April 12th, 2009, 16:42
WHEN I HAD DL ABOUT 20% OF THE ETO 1.O FROM THE ABOVE SIGHT THE DL WAS STOPPED AND WAS TOLD THAT THIS DL WAS CURRUPT AND THAT MY NORTAN ANTI VIRUS HAD BLOCKED A VIRUS.
THANKS ANYWAYS FOR THE HELP
CFS3 IS GOOD ENOUGH :wavey::icon29:

Hmmmm well now Zara not sure what to say....I just tested the download. It came in at a solid 715KB\sec 18 min download no errors. I have a corporate version of Symantec AV installed and it reported nothing unusual. I can safely say that the virus hit you got was a false hit. There is no virus in ETO 1.0.

That being said can you try to temp disable your AV for the download and try it again. See how it goes. I hope you don't give up on it. It's nice to have you a part of ETO mission nights. If you can't get the download to work let me know and we will see what we can work out.

Good luck

TW

Axenti (Be Raiders)
April 12th, 2009, 20:04
Hmmmm well now Zara not sure what to say....I just tested the download. It came in at a solid 715KB\sec 18 min download no errors. I have a corporate version of Symantec AV installed and it reported nothing unusual. I can safely say that the virus hit you got was a false hit. There is no virus in ETO 1.0.

That being said can you try to temp disable your AV for the download and try it again. See how it goes. I hope you don't give up on it. It's nice to have you a part of ETO mission nights. If you can't get the download to work let me know and we will see what we can work out.

Good luck

TW

Dint had problems, i just downloaded them alsow they came in like a plain
on fire dropping down from the sky out of control :p fast and ferious at 1.94MB/Sec :jump::applause:

zaraspook
April 13th, 2009, 05:59
Dint had problems, i just downloaded them alsow they came in like a plain
on fire dropping down from the sky out of control :p fast and ferious at 1.94MB/Sec :jump::applause:

theres no problem dl the zip file . its when i extract the zip file.
will only send the extracted file to desktop only.then at about 20% i get the corrupt meesage. my anxiety level is going through the roof on this one!
$%#%$%$%$%$#$$%# computers! :banghead:

danimalhanke
April 13th, 2009, 08:00
zara, disable your av software just to download from oz site. save them to someplace other than your desktop. when done then try to unzip. if that doesn't work try another unzip program. r u using winzip, winrar etc? i've always had the best luck with winzip. i to had a problem with the download from OZ site but on 2nd attempt it was ok. from there is was a piece of cake. btw wat is ur OS?

Axenti (Be Raiders)
April 13th, 2009, 08:02
theres no problem dl the zip file . its when i extract the zip file.
will only send the extracted file to desktop only.then at about 20% i get the corrupt meesage. my anxiety level is going through the roof on this one!
$%#%$%$%$%$#$$%# computers! :banghead:

hmmm, so when you download the zip there is not a problem its when you unpack? ... and is this from the links from that download site .... then there is one thing i can think of right now try to get a nother rar unpacker or zip unpacker and try it again uninstall the one you have now first before you do that and see what happens

Phil
April 13th, 2009, 11:21
I have a functional MAW, DPC-KOREA , OFF, CFS3. My PTO needs work as it will freeze for as yet known reasons when selecting a mission. Yet ETO is driving me mad in terms of reinstalling.

I discovered the 2009 updates and decided to clear out my October-November 2008 setup for a new generation. The MS Games Directory was emptied of ETO and any other location found was also deleted. Yet when I download 1.0 the automatic installer will run its setup routine, but end without setting up (file unpacking) a new directory to permit an initiatization run or progress to version 1.2.

How can I proceed to obtain a new installation of a complete ETO?

zaraspook
April 13th, 2009, 11:48
zara, disable your av software just to download from oz site. save them to someplace other than your desktop. when done then try to unzip. if that doesn't work try another unzip program. r u using winzip, winrar etc? i've always had the best luck with winzip. i to had a problem with the download from OZ site but on 2nd attempt it was ok. from there is was a piece of cake. btw wat is ur OS?

i'll try winzip
btw one problem i have is when i'm asked where to unzip the file ,no matter where i choose it only says desktop?

Axenti (Be Raiders)
April 13th, 2009, 14:28
I have a functional MAW, DPC-KOREA , OFF, CFS3. My PTO needs work as it will freeze for as yet known reasons when selecting a mission. Yet ETO is driving me mad in terms of reinstalling.

I discovered the 2009 updates and decided to clear out my October-November 2008 setup for a new generation. The MS Games Directory was emptied of ETO and any other location found was also deleted. Yet when I download 1.0 the automatic installer will run its setup routine, but end without setting up (file unpacking) a new directory to permit an initiatization run or progress to version 1.2.

How can I proceed to obtain a new installation of a complete ETO?

normaly there is a file in ETO called CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Install Rev 1.0.exe that when your install is corrupted after you forgot to swap the files, but i had to start over by my self, did something wrong, i couldt track where the mistake was so reindtalled everything over but i gonna take a pauze.

If you want a clean install of ETO and wana make sure that it is clean first delete your CFS3 ETO Expension folders in documents and settings under the my documents then the ones under
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft
and then delete the main program files microsoft games CFS3 ETO Expansion restart and begin isnstalling over by a clean vanilla CFS3 install thats the advice they gave me when it gows bad

zaraspook
April 13th, 2009, 21:12
THANKS TAILWIND,AXENT AND DANIMALHANKE FOR YOUR HELP.I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO EXTRACT THE ETO 1.0 AND UPDATE TO 1.20. LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOUR MISSIONS NOW TAILWIND.
THANKS AGAIN.:wavey: :amen:

Axenti (Be Raiders)
April 14th, 2009, 03:36
THANKS TAILWIND,AXENT AND DANIMALHANKE FOR YOUR HELP.I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO EXTRACT THE ETO 1.0 AND UPDATE TO 1.20. LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOUR MISSIONS NOW TAILWIND.

NP M8 i'm glad to do something in return for all the advice i had from everyone :ernae: .... my problem is solved as well i made a mistake on the install so i just get it figured out thanks to grizzly, how was you problem solved anyways???? was it of a bad unzipper ???

Tailwind
April 14th, 2009, 04:01

Great work bro. Glad to here you sorted it out. Max and I are working on some new stuff now so hopefully one of us will host a mission night later this week.

Hope to see you there.

TW

zaraspook
April 14th, 2009, 04:54
NP M8 i'm glad to do something in return for all the advice i had from everyone :ernae: .... my problem is solved as well i made a mistake on the install so i just get it figured out thanks to grizzly, how was you problem solved anyways???? was it of a bad unzipper ???

could not direct the extraction to anywheres except desktop
so before trying another unzipper i gave it another try and this time i was able to direct it to a different location .unzipped it and everyting went ok after that. don't understand what caused this direction issue but eto works fine now,and updated to 1.20 . i hate these #$#$#$$$%^$% computers! lol!
thanks again for everyones help
:wavey: :friday:

Axenti (Be Raiders)
April 14th, 2009, 09:52
could not direct the extraction to anywheres except desktop
so before trying another unzipper i gave it another try and this time i was able to direct it to a different location .unzipped it and everyting went ok after that. don't understand what caused this direction issue but eto works fine now,and updated to 1.20 . i hate these #$#$#$$$%^$% computers! lol!
thanks again for everyones help
:wavey: :friday:

ahh computers are not the problem :p its made ba man kind you know ;-)
if there is a problem with the pc there is always a sollution you only have to look at it closer :p .... im glad everything is working out fine now

Phil
April 14th, 2009, 10:15
I had thought MAW was a difficult installation through v1.31. The "new" ETO surpassed its adventures in computer patience. I had ETO from last November as encouraged by MAW members . No problems at that time. Yet as my OS died, was restored and migrated from SP2 to SP3, things became more complicated .
I had early problems with ETO 1.0 due to a cockpit error where I failed to note the option selection on the installer. Without checking the continue message, the installation ended abruptly without an installation. My third attempt discovered this "oversight"and success was achieved. But...
I installed v1.20 without hitch, loaded and launched the initialization run at Level 1 (1936), flew a plane to secure the initialization setup and then moved to step 3 or Firepower.
While I already have v1.08 of Firepower in CFS3 and the ETO v1.0 setup did copy those files, I proceeded with the Firepower ETO patch. After a system reboot, a selection of Level 1, the program went immediately on two attempts to a CTD following the introductory CFS3 video.
Recopying, no clean "do over", v1.0 and v1.2, the program now launches and checks out to Level 3 (1943)
In the end I still have reports on launch of SDK violations due to a marginally constructed plane imported into CFS3 at some time, a wandering DPC Korea F51, "gun" and "searchlight" files already in use. These I can bypass. I did have to eliminate the Tempest MkV as it caused a freeze following the CFS3 video. Moving this plane folder from Aircraft eliminated this problem. Annoyances aside, the program now functions, without the Firepower patch. Now comes the careful addition of planes, Spawns, Missions that will not lead to another file conflict or program breakdown in a fragile program setup. At least I now know that tenacity, sometime brute force recopy in lieu of "clean copy" can eventually restore functionality.

Over

zaraspook
April 14th, 2009, 13:42

YES GRIZZ IS REALLY GOOD AT PROBLEM SOLVING.
GOOD TO HAVE HIM IN SOH
COMPUTERS AND ME DON'T GET ALONG TOGETHER
BUT I'M GOOD AT VULCHING
GRIZZ JUST LOVES WHEN I STEAL HIS KILL.:d

Tailwind
April 14th, 2009, 13:59
"I had thought MAW was a difficult installation through v1.31. The "new" ETO surpassed its adventures in computer patience. I had ETO from last November as encouraged by MAW members . No problems at that time. Yet as my OS died, was restored and migrated from SP2 to SP3, things became more complicated .
I had early problems with ETO 1.0 due to a cockpit error where I failed to note the option selection on the installer. Without checking the continue message, the installation ended abruptly without an installation. My third attempt discovered this "oversight"and success was achieved. But...
I installed v1.20 without hitch, loaded and launched the initialization run at Level 1 (1936), flew a plane to secure the initialization setup and then moved to step 3 or Firepower.
While I already have v1.08 of Firepower in CFS3 and the ETO v1.0 setup did copy those files, I proceeded with the Firepower ETO patch. After a system reboot, a selection of Level 1, the program went immediately on two attempts to a CTD following the introductory CFS3 video.
Recopying, no clean "do over", v1.0 and v1.2, the program now launches and checks out to Level 3 (1943)
In the end I still have reports on launch of SDK violations due to a marginally constructed plane imported into CFS3 at some time, a wandering DPC Korea F51, "gun" and "searchlight" files already in use. These I can bypass. I did have to eliminate the Tempest MkV as it caused a freeze following the CFS3 video. Moving this plane folder from Aircraft eliminated this problem. Annoyances aside, the program now functions, without the Firepower patch. Now comes the careful addition of planes, Spawns, Missions that will not lead to another file conflict or program breakdown in a fragile program setup. At least I now know that tenacity, sometime brute force recopy in lieu of "clean copy" can eventually restore functionality.

Over"

Man with that many issues I would just delete the three install folders and do a redo. It only takes about an hour or so to install ETO including 1.2 update and it would leave you with a clean non error install and a few lessons learned. No harm in starting over

Just my 2 cents

TW

grizzly50
April 14th, 2009, 15:44
I had thought MAW was a difficult installation through v1.31. The "new" ETO surpassed its adventures in computer patience. I had ETO from last November as encouraged by MAW members . No problems at that time. Yet as my OS died, was restored and migrated from SP2 to SP3, things became more complicated .

Over

:kilroy:Phil,

ETO was never test-installed over FirePower. A lot of the specifically-modded ETO files will destroy some FP files.

FirePower should not be installed over ETO for the same reason.

Here's your safest and quickest bet:

1. Delete everything: both CFS3 (Including FP) and ETO installs.

2. Reinstall CFS3, update fully (3.1 and 3.1a), then start it up and set everything the way you choose. Thenm shut the game down.

3. Install CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0 per installation instructions.

Note: Be sure to not lose all five icons that will be set onto your desktop somehow. Personally, I make a folder on the desktop named CFS3 ETO Expansion. Then put those five icons into it.

4. Start CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0 and set everything the way you want it.

5. Now make sure that ETO is started in Era 1 and exited. Then set the Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode.

6. Install CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update Rev 1.20. Start it up and make sure everything is set properly.

7. Now install you FirePower into your stock CFS3.

8. After that, go into Program Files/Microsoft Games, and look for your Combat Flight Simulator main game folder and simply re-name it to reflect that it is now FirePower.

9. Now go into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder and look for a file named "MultiCFS3.exe". Then copy it (do not cut and paste, but copy and paste only) into your new FirePower install and run it. This will enable you to create two new folders in your Application Data/Microsoft and My Documents folders. When you run the FP install next, those two new folders will be created in the Application Data/Microsoft and My Documents folders.

10.. Now it is actually safe to install stock CFS3 again, and update it, of course. Now you have a comp[lete FirePower install, an ETO full 1.20 install, and a new vanill CFGS3 install.

11. Now go into your FirePower install anda copy these four folders into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder's aircraft folder: B_17_share, b_17f, B_17G, and B_24J.

12. Make sure ETO is set to Era 1 and exited, and the Spawn Selector is set to 1, Stock Spawn Mode. Now install FirePower_USAAF_Heavy_Bombers_2eto.exe.

You should be good to go now. Good luck and have fun.:d

zaraspook
April 15th, 2009, 19:07
towards the end of the eto install program 1.0 do i type cfs3 eto expansion in the box or leave it as is.

grizzly50
April 15th, 2009, 19:16
towards the end of the eto install program 1.0 do i type cfs3 eto expansion in the box or leave it as is.

:kilroy:Zaraspook, when the MultiCFS3 starts, yes, you do. Type CFS3 ETO Expansion, followed by several underscores, "_". The line you're typing in that little box has to be the same length as the line right under the little box.:d

DOS MAXIMUS
April 15th, 2009, 19:17
Cfs3 eto expansion_______

DOS MAXIMUS
April 15th, 2009, 19:19
cfs3 eto expansion_______
cfs3 eto expansion_______

DOS MAXIMUS
April 15th, 2009, 19:20
Use all caps my keyboard was meesin up

grizzly50
April 15th, 2009, 19:46
:kilroy:Zaraspook, not all caps: CFS3 ETO Expansion_______ :d

zaraspook
April 16th, 2009, 04:57
:kilroy:zaraspook, not all caps: Cfs3 eto expansion_______ :d

rgr on that
most everythings ok with the eto 1.0 but the mission builder does not start up
i'm using a clean cfs3 udated to the 3.1a
do i need the mission pack update to with the clean cfs3. If not then somethings not right
tried new downloads of eto 1.0 but still cannot get the mission builder to start