PDA

View Full Version : Gks f-111e

ColoKent
March 15th, 2014, 21:44
Just picked this aircraft up for $20, and I love it. It is much nicer than the other payware F-111s out there. My two gripes are that 1.) canopy operation is very balky, and 2.) the weapons selection system is a temperamental mess. I have a Cannon AFB paint scheme by Zsolt, and it is FANTASTIC-- wish there were more repaints for this bird. Also wish GKS had a forum or some way to get support-- I'd really like to have the canopy animations always work (instead of part time), and the weapons selector to be trouble free!

Other than those gripes, excellent airplane!

Kent

skyhawka4m
March 15th, 2014, 21:55
I found the AB and vapor effects to be very heavy on frame rates......no way of disabling them though as they are modeled with the plane.

YoYo
March 15th, 2014, 22:59
I found the AB and vapor effects to be very heavy on frame rates......no way of disabling them though as they are modeled with the plane.

it depences from the graph.card. On "old" GPU maybe is a problem, dont know, on my GPU and before GPU no any fps influances for this (too same with afterburner).

ColoKent
March 16th, 2014, 07:18
Other than Zsolt's awesome repaints, there don't seem to be many that were done for this bird....Have I missed any?

Kent

ColoKent
March 16th, 2014, 13:19
Also, I feel like I'm **starting** to get the hang of the armament selection system-- MilViz, it ain't (...unfortunately). The only problem really remaining is the balky canopy-- once you open it on the ground, there seems to be no way to get it to visually close on the outside (you can use key commends to get it to close visually from inside the cockpit, but it still is open on the outside-- HIGHLY annoying).

Anyone have any insight into this?

Kent

YoYo
March 16th, 2014, 13:42
Also, I feel like I'm **starting** to get the hang of the armament selection system-- MilViz, it ain't (...unfortunately). The only problem really remaining is the balky canopy-- once you open it on the ground, there seems to be no way to get it to visually close on the outside (you can use key commends to get it to close visually from inside the cockpit, but it still is open on the outside-- HIGHLY annoying).

Anyone have any insight into this?

Kent

Yep, noticed too same. Try to close a canopy without to start moving aircraft. It works.

ColoKent
March 16th, 2014, 13:48
Yep, noticed too same. Try to close a canopy without to start moving aircraft. It works.

Let me make sure I get this: Close canopy before moving aircraft?

Kent

YoYo
March 16th, 2014, 14:16
Yes, if I start moving 111 his canopy close to half only on external view.

dvj
March 17th, 2014, 11:15
I thought there was an expansion pak that offered a few more liveries and models beyond the base pak.

d

dhazelgrove
March 17th, 2014, 11:22
I thought there was an expansion pak that offered a few more liveries and models beyond the base pak.

d

There is. Here (http://www.fspilotshop.com/golden-key-studio-m-422.html).

Dave