PDA

View Full Version : can someone possibly?

Daveroo
March 15th, 2014, 19:17
i live near a Pacific Gas & Electric main yard,head quarters for the "Drum Division",it has a helicopter landing pad...helipad?..and i was wondering if someone could make me the yard and helipad?doesnt have to be super duper fantastic realistic..just building placement close as it can be..and the pad to be useable in FSX.here is some info that might be useefull and ill post a pic grom google earth and a .kmz file

General Type: Heliport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 05/01/1973,

Runways: 1, Ownership: Privately owned, Facility Use: Private, Site

Number: 01273.2*H, Location ID: 47CN, Region: Western-Pacific, District

Office: SFO, Aeronautical sectional chart: San Francisco, Tie-In FSS:

No, Tie-In FSS ID: RIU, Tie-In FSS Name: Rancho Murieta, Tie-In FSS

Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 1280 ft, Elevation

determination method: Estimated, Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary

ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCO, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZOA, Boundary ARTCC

Name: Oakland, Airspace Determination: Conditional, NOTAM Service: No,

Inspection Group: Owner, Inspection Method: 5010-2 Private use mail out

program
Location State: California, County: Placer, City: Auburn, GPS

(Degrees): Lat: 38° 53' 16.636'', Lng: -121° 04' 30.805'', GPS

(Seconds): Lat: 38.887954, Lng: -121.075224, GPS determination method:

Estimated, Distance from central business district: <1 mi (W), Find on

map >>
Aircraft Helicopters: 1
Additional Magnetic Variation: 16E (Year 1985), Non-Commercial

Landing Fee: No, Wind direction indicator: Yes, Segmented circle airport

marker system: No
Remarks Airspace Determination: APCH/DEP PATS FROM 090 TO 180 DEG. PVT

USE ONLY.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/airports/Auburn-

California.html#47CN#ixzz2w5YmXIfk

5505 5506

Palyarmerc
March 15th, 2014, 19:27
It'd only take me an hour or two to do you photo-real blended helipad of the area using ADE9X and SBuilderX, but I don't see no helipad ??
I'm gonna bookmark the spot though, and I certainly don't mind knocking something useable up for you

falcon409
March 15th, 2014, 20:01
Took me a bit to find it. . .apparently "X" marks the spot. This whole section is the PG&E Heliport, but I noticed the "X" on the ground, so I assume that's where the actual landing area is.

Palyarmerc
March 15th, 2014, 20:27
Geez that's a spot, you Americans are crazeee

Reminds me how it was no coincidence there were so many Helicopters in early 80's TV shows over there. So many Vietnam Vets available, Heroes twice,
inspired a million kids!

Here's an some example bgl files of photo realsim I can do for the background (hopefully attaching now - activate in your addon scenery)
Just a demo, what I'll need is a close enough top down view screenshot from your FSX in-game, but showing as much nearby vegetation variance as possible.
I need to re-colour the photo's to match your FSX terrain, then I can do a better version, covering a slighly bigger area, and then create the helipad

let me know if you want it to have a Control Tower frequency, or just Unicom and if you'd like NDB or VOR as well

P.S I should type slower

orionll
March 15th, 2014, 20:43
It's probably better to identify which landclass tile FSX uses for the area, rather than taking a screenshot in top down. The screenshot would differ from the original texture as the simulator applies current lighting conditions in the simulation. There's a good thread at FSDeveloper about matching the color here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-quickly-color-correct-raw-sattelite-images.18417/#post-121129.

Daveroo
March 15th, 2014, 20:47
this used to have a white outline for the pad,,id forgotten until just a bit ago,,the helicopter that normally worked from here crashed in the canyon to the right,in the pic where i show the race track,my home,and the dam overlook...it had a rotor flex ,i think its called..and the main rotor cut off the tail and it went down along side the river.

but here is where it was..where the line truck is now parked..and the line with the arrow pointing at the building is where the 206 was housed...ive got an email off to PJ's heli service ,from redbluff,they supplied the helos..ive asked if the crashed one was one of theres.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/dlkjr/pad_zps552059f0.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/dlkjr/media/pad_zps552059f0.jpg.html)

Daveroo
March 15th, 2014, 20:50
Took me a bit to find it. . .apparently "X" marks the spot. This whole section is the PG&E Heliport, but I noticed the "X" on the ground, so I assume that's where the actual landing area is.

thats the old pacific bell area from long ago..ive posted a pic of where it was...

btw..as to the fsx stuff the other two asked about...im using FTX global/vector/northern california.

falcon409
March 15th, 2014, 21:24
It's probably better to identify which landclass tile FSX uses for the area, rather than taking a screenshot in top down. The screenshot would differ from the original texture as the simulator applies current lighting conditions in the simulation. There's a good thread at FSDeveloper about matching the color here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-quickly-color-correct-raw-sattelite-images.18417/#post-121129.
I have "Metrix" and have tried it on several occasions, but found it very lacking. The example they show makes it appear to be almost flawless in it's application of color after the "analyze" function. . .I never found it to be so. I found it much easier (for me) to take top-down shots, match to those colors (using a technique suggested by Holger Sandman) and apply to the photoreal textures. . .that along with a proper blur and application of the autogen makes for a very realistic final project.

Everyone has a way that works for them, that they are comfortable with. Metrix may work very well. . .and certainly he can give it a shot to test the waters, but I didn't like the results at all.

Palyarmerc
March 15th, 2014, 22:18
Hey, it's only gonna be a quick rough-out for the man, I'm not Picasso ;-P

I recently did 75 UK Farm Strips - my aim was purely to get textures down, matching closely, so I could fly them
I was actually really surprised how close I got. I can do night time but not season changes, but I was pleased with the results
so I know it won't take me more than 2 hours, hence the offer.

So yeah, just PSP and the fella's FSX colour, for spring/summer, should be enough for me to wing it ;-)
I don't have FTX, so that;s why I need the colour match, it should look reasonable, plus you'll have the nav-aids and radio to boot

Daveroo
March 16th, 2014, 07:33
ok..ill try to figure out how to use "slew" and do a screenshot of the area in FSX,and thanks for taking a shot at this.

anthony31
March 16th, 2014, 17:01
Don't forget to use the timeline from Google Earth!

Some of these show the helipad markings rather well. In fact the imagery from 9/20/2010 shows the helicopter on the pad.

From 10/31/2011 onwards though the helipad has started to fade.

Daveroo
March 16th, 2014, 19:44
Don't forget to use the timeline from Google Earth!

Some of these show the helipad markings rather well. In fact the imagery from 9/20/2010 shows the helicopter on the pad.

From 10/31/2011 onwards though the helipad has started to fade.

ok how close was i?..i was going by memory ..which isnt very good at somethings.and how do you use this "timeline"..ive never even heard of it.

falcon409
March 16th, 2014, 19:54
Dave, in the lower left of the screen you'll see a clock with a green arrow on it. . .click that and it will put the timeline up at the top left, then just use the fwd and back arrows to view various years. 9/19/2010 shows the Helicopter sitting on the pad.

anthony31
March 17th, 2014, 00:30
Click on the wee little clock in the lower left of the imagery display which will then bring up the timeline in the top left corner (as seen on the attached piccy). Then you can use the left and right arrows to select the various times or drag the slider, it's sometimes easier to use left and right as some imagery may be very close in time. As you can Daveroo you were spot on with where the helipad was. Note also in the pic the area below the helipad which has no been tarmacced over. Possibly a fuel or fire system???

Daveroo
March 17th, 2014, 07:10
well thanks guys,ive allways wondered what that was,lol..now i know..which means im going to have to go back and play more...oh bother...:untroubled:....i love google earth..if im bored or not feeling well..i just find a place somewhere on earth and go there in google and explore...surprising what you can find...and now this will give me even more to see...

nice