PDA

View Full Version : Sea Fury T20 prop issue

DarrenL
March 12th, 2014, 06:02
I've got the old FS2002 Sea Fury T20 updated to FSX and have the canopy glass visible but have an odd prop effect instead. I have seen prop effects where they make background object disappear and I'm sure I remember fixing those but never the aircraft disappearing.

http://i59.tinypic.com/9gvmme.jpg

Disappears when looking back through the prop

http://i61.tinypic.com/33dz3w8.jpg

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it? I have Adobe Photoshop at hand but it's so long since I've done anything like this.

Edit to add, just tried to have a fiddle around with the propeller.bmp and Photoshop wouldn't open it, it said "Could not complete your request an unexpected end-of-file was encountered"

Daube
March 12th, 2014, 08:12
This problem cannot be fixed at all, unfortunately.
It comes from the way the 3D model was defined, not from the textures.

DarrenL
March 12th, 2014, 10:18
This problem cannot be fixed at all, unfortunately.
It comes from the way the 3D model was defined, not from the textures.

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks.

Dangerousdave26
March 12th, 2014, 12:07
I have tried to get the FB11 into FSX but can't even get it that close.

Blackbird686
March 12th, 2014, 14:00
The original Hanvey/Barry Sea Fury T.Mk.20 is an FSDS model, so getting it to work in FSX will be a daunting task at best. On the FS9 side, the model displays just fine but on the ground, it casts a funky shadow where some of the plane's shadow will hide behind the propeller. Seeing that effect from your screenshot is pretty much what the plane's shadow on the ground looks like. In flight, the original prop disk displays properly, but a modified prop effect that I have will disappear behind the engine cowling when viewed from the front in the spot plane view in flight. You are more than welcome to try the prop mod that I have for the Sea Fury, but I cannot guarantee that it'll work for FSX as I do not have the Sea Fury installed in that sim.

BB686

DarrenL
March 12th, 2014, 14:07
I'd like to take you up on that offer thanks, I'll test it to see if it helps and report back.