PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

mirage3
March 11th, 2014, 11:33
Hello all, how are you ;) ?
I wanted to start a FSX addon (aircraft) program. i can make repaints and work basicly with 3DSMax. So i searched everyone that would like to help me to create a aircraft (to be decided who) and create a small deploving group. If intersted thanks to respond :D

Miro :p

Milton Shupe
March 11th, 2014, 12:08
You should develop the model and map it for textures. When ready, people will step in to do textures. The larger challenge is to find someone to do panel and gauges, sounds, effects and flight model.

Good luck.

mirage3
March 12th, 2014, 03:17
Yes, but i can make textures! The model is so difficult :( or no?
The great problem is to decide an easy aircraft but to make it detailed... :beer:
But dont worry myself i can it! :D

Blood_Hawk23
March 12th, 2014, 03:35
Yes, but i can make textures! The model is so difficult :( or no?
The great problem is to decide an easy aircraft but to make it detailed... :beer:
But dont worry myself i can it! :D

I think the best thing to do is, pick a plane you would want to do the textures for. Then see if anyone is currently working on one or would like to do as a group.

What kind of aircraft are you thinking of? Cessna, Piper, maybe something bigger.

What era?

I'm still learning GMax. Plus I work with CFS2. Though if I had a copy of FSX I would probably work on that as well. I do have FS2002 pro. but again thats too old of a program for what your wanting to do.

Thats just my thoughts.

Dangerousdave26
March 12th, 2014, 03:59
If you are just starting with modeling then my suggestion is you start with scenery objects. That will help you develop your modeling skills.

Then choose a small LSA or some simple aircraft to start modeling. Do some models that are AI and lower polys to help you get better skilled at creating aircraft. Then finally move on to making full blown high detailed aircraft models.

If you jump straight into full blown high detailed models in the beginning you will get frustrated and quit ( I will bet $1 on that statement). If you have a good measure of success behind you (albeit simple) you will be more inclined to work your way though the troubled spots (which you will have trust me).

Finally you need to be able to show people you can model before they are going to want to join a developing group with you.

Still even then you are going to have a hard time filling some spots because there just are not many people out there who do gauges and sounds.

Good Luck its a long hard road in the beginning.

Janet Merai
March 14th, 2014, 03:59
Start with a simple box in your modeling program of choice.

If you can model a box in little time, advance to maybe creating a more sophisticated box.

Trust me, I do modeling myself and I started out doing boxes and built my way up.

Do the simple things first, you won't get the results you see done by people with years of experience like myself.
I didn't just get good models in the beginning of my career by doing something I had no experience with, so start small and expand big :3

mirage3
March 14th, 2014, 08:51
Yes, that's right! At the moment is better join a group as repainter, that i can repaint aircrafts. Model skinning is so difficult :what: and not conform to my time. I can repaint only if i have the original Paintkit, being is anyother searching for a texturer? Thank you all very much for the :thumbup: advices